this is kinda joke. $105,995 for a 2005 stock nsx. JH4NA21605S000141

They are asking 100k, rejected 97k, and they mention that any serious offer will be considered- what about the 97k!? It must not have been a serious offer.

I plan on getting an 02+ LBBP NSX one day when I'm older and just start collecting cars for fun so I can see the cars holding their values over time.

You need a bigger garage first Mr. I have two Ferraris, an Aston Martin and a civic. :rolleyes::cool:

The NSX is the only daily drivable supercar ever made. And there are only a limited number left.
The price should go up.....

It makes me wonder what they are into the car for to "reject" an offer of $97k...perhaps good for the previous owner that sold it to them!

I think it's worth it.
The next guy will too if he has the cash and love for the vehicle.

It's like art. Emotion takes over.

It makes me wonder what they are into the car for to "reject" an offer of $97k...perhaps good for the previous owner that sold it to them!

The $97k offer is pure crap. No way they turned that down.

You know the more I think about it maybe this car is a MARKETING ploy to get people into the dealership :) I mean, lots of people come into dealerships to look at a $100k car and drive away in a $20k one ;)

Last edited:
I asked them if the price was a typo and here is their response:

"Gee-wiz" info: Acura entered three NSX's in the 2007 Lemans Race, they placed top 3 of the top 4 finishers.[/I][/B]

Acura did have 3 of their race cars in the LeMans. Not NSX's however but shows that Honda's has always been serious about building great racing cars.

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/xm-acura-race-c.html

Last edited:
I asked them if the price was a typo and here is their response:

Thank you for your recent inquiry on the 2005 Acura NSX-T. The Acura NSX-T is the most inexpensive, reliable exotic sports car ever produced. (a meer opinion to some). Every NSX is built from scratch by hand. Not a fleet type assembly line manufactured vehicle. The entire body was handcrafted aluminum, to include a 12 step finish/paint process.

This specific NSX-T is one of approximately 27 nationwide that's available for purchase; as well as the only NSX-T out of 27 that has 2200 miles on it. A one owner NSX with all the trimmings, to include: Comptech Headers, Comptech Exhaust, Comptech Carbon Fiber intake and the Acura NSX-T premium car cover. Clearly owned by an Acura NSX enthusiast, who appreciates the best. Keep in mind that any Comptech assessory is warranty compliant/covered.

The confirmed price of $100,000 for a flawless 2005 Acura NSX-T (with Comptech Package) is completely accurate. A former offer of $97,000 was rejected yesterday. The next owner of this car will undoubtedly be an extremely proud individual who understands the value of a very rare Exotic Sports Car. As you already may be aware, 2005 is the last year of the Acura NSX.

I personally did not make the price on this specific NSX; however I do know the owner. Any respectable offer will be seriously debated and considered. As I do not make the final decisions, I'm at the mercy of the owner's final conclusion. I take your inquiry very serious and will provide any further information you require. I look forward to working with you, and it would be an honor to assist you in purchasing your Acura NSX. Have a great day.

Sincerely,

Rick Walsh
Pikes Peak Acura
719-955-1777

"Gee-wiz" info: Acura entered three NSX's in the 2007 Lemans Race, they placed top 3 of the top 4 finishers.

offer 95 and see what they say. I call BS.

The $97k offer is pure crap. No way they turned that down.

You know the more I think about it maybe this car is a MARKETING ploy to get people into the dealership :) I mean, lots of people come into dealerships to look at a $100k car and drive away in a $20k one ;)

I'm glad someone still knows what they are saying. If they didn't accept $97k, they are out of their mind. The NSX is a great car--at that price if you purchase, IMHO you are getting absolutely taken. There are numerous examples that have come up for late model NSX's in the high 70k range in immaculate condition.

The NSX is no longer made DONT sell (give) your car away. A starting price for a 1991 in good shape should start at $35 - 40k and only go up from that.

When you are driving you car how many people ask you about the car, take pictures, or ask what kind of car is it. This does not happen if you had a VET.

Anyone can buy a VET of something in that same class but not everyone can get a NSX. They made less then 9000 total. Dont SELL YOUR CAR SHORT

Last edited:
Here is the email follow up:

Sent: Fri 7/25/08 10:42 PM
To: Pikes Peak Acura ([email protected])

If you got an offer of $97k you should jump all over that. There is no way that car goes for more than 76k to anyone with any knowlege of NSXs.

And I am curious. In what 2007 LeMans race did Acura enter 3 NSXs?

Sent: Mon 7/28/08 6:18 PM
To: [email protected]

Steven Tamoske,

Would you like to make an offer on this Acura NSX-T? It seems as if you know alot about them. I'll take your offer straight to the owner. Technically, the (NSX) isn't in the LeMans series; The 2007 Acura American Le Mans Series LMP2 sports car program features the first racing engine (3.4-liter, normally-aspirated, fuel-injected V-8) completely designed and developed by HPD. There are some interresting vids on Google video and youtube if you like watching those kind of cars compete.

(719) 955-1777
*Remember my $300.00 referral program!*

Offer $76k every single day until they sell it.

Here is the email follow up:

Sent: Fri 7/25/08 10:42 PM

If you got an offer of $97k you should jump all over that. There is no way that car goes for more than 76k to anyone with any knowlege of NSXs.

And I am curious. In what 2007 LeMans race did Acura enter 3 NSXs?

Sent: Mon 7/28/08 6:18 PM

Steven Tamoske,

Would you like to make an offer on this Acura NSX-T? It seems as if you know alot about them. I'll take your offer straight to the owner. Technically, the (NSX) isn't in the LeMans series; The 2007 Acura American Le Mans Series LMP2 sports car program features the first racing engine (3.4-liter, normally-aspirated, fuel-injected V-8) completely designed and developed by HPD. There are some interresting vids on Google video and youtube if you like watching those kind of cars compete.

(719) 955-1777
*Remember my $300.00 referral program!*

RE: NSX at Pikes Peak Acura‏
Sent: Wed 7/30/08 1:26 PM

I am aware that Acura runs 4 LMP2 cars in the ALMS but it is a little misleading to suggest to potential buyers that the NSX was entered. I am assuming that the "offer" of $97k likewise is not true so what is the asking price? This is not a six figure car nor even a 90k car.

Sent: Wed 7/30/08 3:07 PM

Steven,

Actual Vehicle Value in this specific case is not a concern to the next owner of this NSX. Clearly the best one available in the free world. MSRP on this was $89,995 originally. Whomever buys this car will justify that 15k over MSRP is obviously more than what the vehicle is acually worth in parts, however they will be satisfied knowing that not another one is available on the planet right now. Just so you are aware, the previous owner is Pikes Peak Acura's owner. It was on a lift in his climate controlled garage with a car cover on it. The Comptech gear that's on it are the only modifications. No engine mods where ever performed. If you'd like, the owner will provide all stock parts. In around 3 months, if it's still here, I'll email you for your offer. Otherwise today, if you're interested in buying the NSX it's up for grabs at $100,000 even.

Thanks for your email inquiry.

Sincerely,
Rick
719-955-1777

Pike's peak Acura, those guys rock! In case people don't know, and there are many, Pike's Peak Acura has a race team that consisted of one BAD widebody comptech supercharged, Moton shocks, etc nsx that was whooping on everyone's ass. They also had a few integra, and rsx race cars. They own that famous blue and white widebode with a huge acura emblem sticker across the hood. That car was for sale for $100k I think.

This car they're advertising probably belongs to the owner of PP acura. He owns several nsx's from what I am told. This could be one of his personal ones. I offered to buy one of his NA1's and was told he wasn't interested in selling one. Their parts counter guy and nsx tech are super awesome guys. Very knowledgeable and always willing to lend a helping hand free of charge if it was minor. I was always in there :)

So needless to say, PP acura is NO stranger to the nsx. That includes the staff and the owner. Oh and some of the employees ARE the drivers of the race cars of their team like Brian Vinson (parts guy), famous Bob Boileau (reconditioning department) , Paul Zmudsky (nsx tech) and Jeff (service manager?).

I hope the 2005 IS worth $105k. To me, my 93 is worth atleast $50k. Ask any owner how much do they feel their car should be worth and they'll tell you no less than $40k usually. Ask any buyer and they'll say $10k-$20k. This isn't some stupid vette. This is a nsx. If you're looking for cheap go fast, go look at a vette. Want astate of euphoria look at a nsx.

Oh and they are also prime members. Pikes Peak Acura is NO JOKE.

2165037_1_full.jpg

2165037_12_full.jpg

2165037_7_full.jpg

Famous Boileau family. First to race a honda in the United States. Car now resides in a musem.
http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/features/0704_ht_1974_honda_civic_1200/index.html

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TrtsqPSif4Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TrtsqPSif4Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

0704_ht_09_z+honda_civic_1200+side_view.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Look at that! 2 emails is all it took to get $5,995 knocked off.

RE: NSX at Pikes Peak Acura‏
Sent: Wed 7/30/08 1:26 PM

I am aware that Acura runs 4 LMP2 cars in the ALMS but it is a little misleading to suggest to potential buyers that the NSX was entered. I am assuming that the "offer" of $97k likewise is not true so what is the asking price? This is not a six figure car nor even a 90k car.

Sent: Wed 7/30/08 3:07 PM

Steven,

Actual Vehicle Value in this specific case is not a concern to the next owner of this NSX. Clearly the best one available in the free world. MSRP on this was $89,995 originally. Whomever buys this car will justify that 15k over MSRP is obviously more than what the vehicle is acually worth in parts, however they will be satisfied knowing that not another one is available on the planet right now. Just so you are aware, the previous owner is Pikes Peak Acura's owner. It was on a lift in his climate controlled garage with a car cover on it. The Comptech gear that's on it are the only modifications. No engine mods where ever performed. If you'd like, the owner will provide all stock parts. In around 3 months, if it's still here, I'll email you for your offer. Otherwise today, if you're interested in buying the NSX it's up for grabs at $100,000 even.

Thanks for your email inquiry.

Sincerely,
Rick
719-955-1777

Wow! Look at that! 2 emails is all it took to get $5,995 knocked off.

Nice work! A few more exchanges and it will be $90k.

This is clearly a situation (being PP owners car) where the seller really doesn't want to sell so will hold out for that person willing to pay. No reason to take $97k.

Pike's peak Acura, those guys rock! In case people don't know, and there are many, Pike's Peak Acura has a race team that consisted of one BAD widebody comptech supercharged, Moton shocks, etc nsx that was whooping on everyone's ass.....This car they're advertising probably belongs to the owner of PP acura.....So needless to say, PP acura is NO stranger to the nsx.

Then they should realize that the price is ridiculous. I am aware of who/what PP is but that does not make this 2005 worth six figures. What an owner does with another car, such as their race car, or who that owner has working for them does not change the value of a three year old, essentially stock, low mileage car.

Plus, I can always buy one for $9900 including free shipping from Nigeria.

Last edited:
Then they should realize that the price is ridiculous. I am aware of who/what PP is but that does not make this 2005 worth six figures. What an owner does with another car, such as their race car, or who that owner has working for them does not change the value of a three year old, essentially stock, low mileage car.

Won't the car also be delivered from Nigeria with a trunk full of cash that needs to be washed and you get to keep 40% of?

But their reputation does go to show that they're not nuts, it goes to show that owner has PASSION for that car. If it was my 2005, I'd ask $100k also. It just goes to show that the owner isn't serious about selling, but rather that it'd take $100k to get them to let it go. That's assuming belongs to a private party but being sold by the dealer as a favor or belongs to the actual owner of PP acura.

If I were to offer to buy your nsx and you're not hurting for money, would you take an offer of blue book private party, or would you take an offer of atleast $15-$20k over that?

Last edited:
But their reputation does go to show that they're not nuts, it goes to show that owner has PASSION for that car. If it was my 2005, I'd ask $100k also. It just goes to show that the owner isn't serious about selling, but rather that it'd take $100k to get them to let it go. That's assuming belongs to a private party but being sold by the dealer as a favor or belongs to the actual owner of PP acura.

If I were to offer to buy your nsx and you're not hurting for money, would you take an offer of blue book private party, or would you take an offer of atleast $15-$20k over that?

"Passion" has nothing to do with value of a car, or anything else such as real estate. I don't care how "passionate" or "delusional" someone might be about an item they own - - - it adds no value to that object and unless someone is equally delusional to overpay then this is nothing more than a game. You either want to sell or you want to attact attention to yourself. It would appear they prefer the latter of those two choices.

Back