The Ultimate Wheels for my NSX

however theses are not the best looking wheels they weight only 8.5lbs (rear)
rears are 18X10.5 and the fronts are 18X8.....My company builds these and I offered to test them out for a while......

Attachments

• Across the side2.JPG
    Across the side2.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 8,487
  • Front2.JPG
    Front2.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 10,009
Are they stronger than forged metals??

they have passed every D.O.T. test including
(a) Radial Fatigue Standard test is 2.5 million cycles ours passed 5 million
(b) Cornering Fatigue 1.2 million cycles
(c) Radial impact testing this is the one that everyone worries about.. our wheel exceeded the imapct test by 60KG which has never been done before.
(d) was a repeat of A, B, C with low profile tire... this test not required by JWL or BSAU
(e) additional impact on unsupported inner flange without tire ( no wheel has ever passed this before our wheel)
(f) CASS test enviormental chamber designed to add age to the wheel
(g) repaet A, B, C on wheel post CASS test

after all testing the wheel was pressure tested to assure no micro cracks

This wheel compared to the Z06 wheel was twice as strong and held up better in impact testing then the Z06 wheels and we did it without the center spokes we also did all the same testing once again with only 1 support bolt in each spoke rather then the normal 2
People should realize how strong carbon fiber is... look at all the aircraft using this stuff.... unlike Alum this does not have a memory if you bend alum one time it looses more then half of its strenght..... I guess what I am saying after we tested these wheels, I do not like driving on any other wheels.

Curt, so when will they be for sale, for how much, and what other sizes?

KGP said:
Curt, so when will they be for sale, for how much, and what sizes?
right now they are for sale but the prices are still very high...the Cost between 2500/3000 per but we expect prices to come down in the next few months...Thw will be featured in the April issue of Popular Hot Rodding and soon on the cover of motor trend for 2005 Must have Technology

NetViper said:
Could you paint the CF?
you can or we can color the carbon......the wheel in the pictures has a nickle Chemical added to the carbon to make the weave turn gold..... I would not recommend painting the carbon other then clear coating

and sizes as of today are the 18X10.5 and the 18X8's that I have however at this price we can custom mill the center to your design. The spokes on tis wheel are Mag.

ak said:
That's an ugly wheel.
I agree some what.....however they are much better looking in person.... These wheels are more about performance then looks.....We have seen theses wheels knock off a Half Second in the 1/4 mile and reduce 0-100-0 times by more then 1.5 seconds.

Here is a pic with some of the Chrome spokes

Attachments

• aviwheel003.JPG
    aviwheel003.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 6,806
I want to see them as well. I like them.
Looking for something like that for another vehicle.

MachSpeed said:
right now they are for sale but the prices are still very high...the Cost between 2500/3000 per but we expect prices to come down in the next few months...

Holy Frick! Wheel certainly sounds great from a paper POV. Let's hope economies of scale kick the price down at least $10...$20...$2,000...or so...bucks. You've got a winner on your hands if you can hit the sweet spot of the price range.

<== needs a second set of wheels in addtion to the TE37s.

Ponyboy said:
Holy Frick! Wheel certainly sounds great from a paper POV. Let's hope economies of scale kick the price down at least $10...$20...$2,000...or so...bucks. You've got a winner on your hands if you can hit the sweet spot of the price range.

<== needs a second set of wheels in addtion to the TE37s.
Yeah I wish I could do better on the pricing however the tooling for each wheel is very expensive how ever we have been kicking around the idea of selling the design or just selling the barrel to a main stream wheel builder and let them mill/forge the inner design....... We put alot of money into the design and the testing in doing so the cost per pieceis really high but know matter what we do the price of the wheel will always be above 1500 per wheel due to the cost of carbon fiber and labor to make.......each wheel is built on a lathe by spinning the fiber on to the wheel.........then it is placed in a autoclave to cure....each wheel takes almost 20hrs to make.

Back