"THE" Bowl Game

OU better wake up. Not that I really care who wins.
I just want to see a better game.
Len

toilet.jpg

Armando

I think USC is looking to make a HUGE statement with the BCS that they were the better team LAST year too, and that they should have gone to the big game!

At this point of the whoopin, Id agree.

NemesisX said:
I think USC is looking to make a HUGE statement with the BCS that they were the better team LAST year too, and that they should have gone to the big game!

At this point of the whoopin, Id agree.

I am not about to disagree with you.
They took no prisoners. None!!!!

I'm REAL happy!

When I started at 'SC, quarterback Todd Marinovich had just led USC to a Rose Bowl victory and the football program looked to be in great shape. I went to the USC-UCLA game that we won 45-42 thanks to a one handed catch by Johnnie Morton with just sixteen seconds remaining on the clock. I lost my voice screaming at that game.

I've been a pretty quiet fan since then...at least, until Pete Caroll took over the program.

I'm crossing my fingers that Leinart returns for one final season (16 starters could return...crazy!)

--akira3d
USC Class of 1994

Like I've said before, I've been a Sooner my whole life, but after watching that game last night, I keep asking myself, "What the hell was that?" Are they trying to choke to bowl games in a row? For awhile there, I thought they were showing a rerun of last years bowl game. The OU team that played last night was not the OU team that I've been watching all year. I'm so confused! I went to sleep last night curled up in the fetal position. :confused:

White92 said:
The OU team that played last night was not the OU team that I've been watching all year. I'm so confused!
Don't be confused. :smile: It's simple: The OU team you watched all year was not playing SC each game. Face it - SC is a better team!

BTW, things could be much worse. You could live in Missouri and be an MU fan. :biggrin:

Maybe they should change it where they do best out of 5 or something? It could be a month long celebration! I'm stretching here. Let's give them another chance! haha

White92 said:
Let's give them another chance! haha
Last chances ended with the infamous 5th down game between Colorodo v Mizzou in the 1990 season. No more get out of jail free cards. Espicially not to boomer sooners. :biggrin:

man, last night was just horrible. I bleed sooner blood and here in cali it was tough. i had all my boys over watching the game (most cal fans).
everyweek they come over after our morning tackle football games and watch football. every week we watch college football and OU thanks to direct TV. but last night after the 2 earky turnovers, the coaches went away from everything theyve done all season. BUT they still got their butts whuppped. i didnt even know who they were out there. the offense was off..jason white was off..the defense was way off..they werent blitzing like they always do. they were out coached. BUT again no excuses...

WOW!!!! I really didn't care who won, I just wanted a close game. I felt that OU had a better team than that. Boy was I wrong. Then again, OU had a close match against Texas A&M. and TAMU was a medicore team this year.

I actually fell asleep at the end of the 2nd quarter. I woke up in the 3rd quarter and lead was even bigger. :eek:

NSXLuvr said:
Then again, OU had a close match against Texas A&M. and TAMU was a medicore team this year.

i just love it when people who dont know anything about a football team or football, in general, say dumb things. So OU barely beat TAMU and thats why they lost?? Is this what youre saying??

USC had close wins as well.. what does that have to do with anything? USC had a close win with Stanford. Stanford got whipped my CAL. Cal got beat by USC..say something that has meaning. you just wanted to post huh??

im not even mad. i just love football talk!! :biggrin:

Last edited:
OU got rolled. :frown: I soooo wanted to see the outcome go the other way that way my team could possibly have a shot at a split title.
Gotta give it up though, USC is AWESOME !!!
That is why we need a playoff system so bad.
I can't complain though, 13-0 ain't a bad way to end the year.

SoCal talking: 13-0 and no title is wrong. We will never know if you could beat SC, they MUST design a system where the 4 major bowl winners play a semi and final game. The revenue would be incredible. :biggrin: The BS about the kids missing class is crap. They are able to have playoffs in the lower divisions, are those kids missing class? :confused: Until otherwise proved, USC RULES

I agree with everyone that it would be fun to see Auburn play USC in a playoff to extend the football season, but the results would be the same as 2002 and 2003, Auburn would lose. Maybe Auburn can squeeze into SC's September 10 slot this year (says TBA on the schedule)? The Dynasty is only beginning...And yes, I am a bit biased being a 1991 USC grad.

redrocket said:
I agree with everyone that it would be fun to see Auburn play USC in a playoff to extend the football season, but the results would be the same as 2002 and 2003, Auburn would lose. Maybe Auburn can squeeze into SC's September 10 slot this year (says TBA on the schedule)? The Dynasty is only beginning...And yes, I am a bit biased being a 1991 USC grad.

Auburn would lose. Whatever. :rolleyes:
How about the 1 ranked scoring defense in the country @ 11.2 per game.
4 rushing touchdowns allowed all year! 3 of those were in SEC title game. Other 1 came against Kentucky at home in 4th quarter with the game already decided and 3rd string playing.
Auburn beat 3 teams(AL, LSU, UT) that went to bowl games and one of those teams twice. Once on thier turf and once in SEC title game(Tennesse). Remeber, LSU was the defending National Champions also.

Stats are stats. Virginia Tech "should have" beaten Auburn in the Sugar Bowl. The dropped pass in the end zone on 4th down (hit on the numbers) was 7 points, the missed 23 yard field goal was another 3. I'll concede that a game between USC and Auburn would likely be closer than 55-19 (which, by the way, "should have" been 55-12 if SC didn't play its second/third string defense), but there is no way that Auburn would have beaten SC in Miami or any other place this year. I know how you feel though, since we got burned by the BCS last year. At least 3 of the 65 AP voters agree with you. Maybe we'll see you in Pasadena next January.

92NSX said:
Auburn would lose. Whatever. :rolleyes:
How about the 1 ranked scoring defense in the country @ 11.2 per game.
4 rushing touchdowns allowed all year! 3 of those were in SEC title game. Other 1 came against Kentucky at home in 4th quarter with the game already decided and 3rd string playing.
Auburn beat 3 teams(AL, LSU, UT) that went to bowl games and one of those teams twice. Once on thier turf and once in SEC title game(Tennesse). Remeber, LSU was the defending National Champions also.
Dont forget UGA, preseason polls had them ranked #3. what a disappointing season for all the seniors. at least Greene got the all time ncaa wins record(from p. manning)

It has long been established that the SEC is THE 'major league' of the NCAA. It is unprecedented that an SEC team can finish the season undefeated and not be in contention for the Nat'l Championship. The SEC is the only conference with a division-level playoff (AU beat UGA). There are more SEC teams in the top 20 than any other conference... and Auburn was the best of them. I haven't looked it up, but I BET that a statistical history of SEC/PAC 10 games will show dominance by the SEC... Auburn got screwed by money and politics. USC had a fantastic season, but one would be foolish to assume that they could handle Auburn... Disclosure: As a UGA grad, I am NOT an Auburn fan! :cool:

the nsxnut said:
It has long been established that the SEC is THE 'major league' of the NCAA. It is unprecedented that an SEC team can finish the season undefeated and not be in contention for the Nat'l Championship. The SEC is the only conference with a division-level playoff (AU beat UGA). There are more SEC teams in the top 20 than any other conference... and Auburn was the best of them. I haven't looked it up, but I BET that a statistical history of SEC/PAC 10 games will show dominance by the SEC... Auburn got screwed by money and politics. USC had a fantastic season, but one would be foolish to assume that they could handle Auburn... Disclosure: As a UGA grad, I am NOT an Auburn fan! :cool:

One may be foolish, but also remember that Auburn lost to USC in 2003 and 2002, with the last game being a shutout at Auburn if my foolish memory serves me correctly.

redrocket said:
One may be foolish, but also remember that Auburn lost to USC in 2003 and 2002, with the last game being a shutout at Auburn if my foolish memory serves me correctly.

So exactly what does that prove? absolutely nothing
You cant base a teams rank on any factors not involving the current season. that would be like favoring Notre Dame because they usually field excellent football teams. Auburn beat a slew of very tough teams, UGA, Bama, LSU, and Tenn twice!
Who did usc beat to get to the big show.
Cal and VTech? ok maybe i'll give you arizona st.(only cause they looked good at the beginning of the year)
USC narrowly squeeked out wins against ucla and stanford, both with programs that are not doing to well right now.
It doesnt matter what the bowl game turned out to be, Auburn still deserved a shot, and i think after this year there will have to be some changes to the way things are right now

Back