"THE" Bowl Game

paladin said:
So exactly what does that prove? absolutely nothing
You cant base a teams rank on any factors not involving the current season. that would be like favoring Notre Dame because they usually field excellent football teams. Auburn beat a slew of very tough teams, UGA, Bama, LSU, and Tenn twice!
Who did usc beat to get to the big show.
Cal and VTech? ok maybe i'll give you arizona st.(only cause they looked good at the beginning of the year)
USC narrowly squeeked out wins against ucla and stanford, both with programs that are not doing to well right now.
It doesnt matter what the bowl game turned out to be, Auburn still deserved a shot, and i think after this year there will have to be some changes to the way things are right now

I agree that the prior seasons mean nothing, I was getting at the generalization about the SEC. The historical power of the SEC is irrelevant. USC peaked at the right time this season. Auburn got burned by the BCS, so what? Last year SC had to argue the "what ifs" and move on. If Auburn is as good as Tommy claims, it needs to do what USC did this year and run the table while impressing the voters in the process. Don't get me wrong, I am all for a playoff system, it would be fun and extend our season a bit longer. Also, keep in mind that the AP voters could have voted Auburn in like they did with SC last year, but 95% of the voters believe that SC is the better team. Enough said. I am going to enjoy the victory celebration and look for a three-peat.

Don't forget that USC also beat BYU pretty badly! :tongue:

paladin said:
Dont forget UGA, preseason polls had them ranked #3. what a disappointing season for all the seniors. at least Greene got the all time ncaa wins record(from p. manning)

Thanks for bringing them up. I had forgot about that team.

Back