• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

the beast is alive - 3.5L twin turbocharged carbon fiber widebody NSX

Can we hit 800 at the crankshaft? Stay tuned for more updates!

(shown with diffuser removed)
Damon_underside_1024.jpg

I can't read any of the black text on the black parts of the image.. can you choose a different color font?

Looking forward to SOS latest creation.

Isn't Hugh's car a 3.5L TT with 666rwhp?

Last edited:
Crazy!

Kudos Chris, places like SOS is what keeps the fire burning. Who says we drive obsolete cars?!
:biggrin::cool::biggrin:

Now that's what I"m talkin about, twin turbo!! I'm assuming this is similar to the Bell kits that was producing full boost at around 2K RPM with a very flat and significantly higher torque line than the CT.

I remember riding in a Bell TT car 10 years ago and still remember it kicking much harder and quicker than my high boost Comptech. At the 5K+ range, that particular kit may have been putting less than my car, but it felt like a V8/V10 up until 5K. Memory lane..

Anyway - looks freaking awesome!!

Well, the final numbers are in. Any guesses on crankshaft power?

Some hints:

1. calculated goal based on turbos, fuel system, and engine was 800 horsepower at the crankshaft.
2. the NSX has the following installed:
- ScienceofSpeed Stage 3 3.5L engine
- off the shelf ScienceofSpeed Twin Turbocharger System with twin GT2871
- ScienceofSpeed R-Spec 3" exhaust, test pipes for race and cat converters for street use
- the car is being tuned with E85 for race and 91 octane for street use

-- Chris

Oh, this is like trying to guess the number of jelly beans in a big jar back in the 3rd grade.

My guess is 673hp @7500rpm / 540tq @2700rpm at the wheels

Last edited:
Come'on, you guys can do better than that!

It's Friday - let's make this fun. The person to guess closest, but not go over the crankshaft horsepower number (Price is Right style) will win a $25.00 gift certificate from ScienceofSpeed. One entry per screen name, entries by 5pm PST.

Crankshaft horsepower is determined by a 12% drivetrain loss (verified with numerous all-factory NSX on the dyno we use).

regards,
-- Chris

Back