Taitec GTLW with Test Pipes?

I just got mine in yesterday and installed last night. Man it sounds good, but I honestly cannot understand what is "too loud" about it??? It sounds quite smooth actually. I almost want it to be a little louder. I have had very loud and at the same time, very annoying exhaust systems and this by no means is close to annoying. I will say this...if this is too loud for you then I hope you aren't thinking of getting a motorcycle with aftermarket pipes. Especially a sport bike. Now that will leave a ring in your ears all day. On the contrary to previous statements, maybe i'm just too young. haha

I went out on Saturday and driving around at 3000 rpm windows down and music off I could hardly hear anything. I guess that must be why I drive around in fourth so it's sounds louder. And I could stand even louder. Like you ,I always had aftermarket exhaust on ALL my toys. So maybe were just deaf use to it or to young:tongue::tongue::tongue:

Haha. I swear i've already caught myself doing the same. Yeah man i think test pipes may be coming for me. Oh us young whipper snappers!! Damn kids!:wink:

I went out on Saturday and driving around at 3000 rpm windows down and music off I could hardly hear anything. I guess that must be why I drive around in fourth so it's sounds louder. And I could stand even louder. Like you ,I always had aftermarket exhaust on ALL my toys. So maybe were just deaf use to it or to young
at least im not the only one who thinks this:tongue:i definately can use more sound. my 240 turbo is straight piped and the zanardi has headers and the parallel so i guess im used to more noise:biggrin:

Haha. I swear i've already caught myself doing the same. Yeah man i think test pipes may be coming for me. Oh us young whipper snappers!! Damn kids!:wink:

If you don't have the test pipes yet. Get them. I only installed them this year and I absolutely love them.

Fellow GTLW guys with Test Pipes,

Do any of you/or all of you experience a raspy sound with test pipes? Or maybe I have an exhaust leak...

Thanks,

Funny how this has turned into a "how do we make this louder again?" discussion. Quite the contrary to a lot of the statements on the first page. Some people must think we're out of our minds based on there comments.

Most criticized sounding exhaust ever!!!! :tongue:

GTLW w/high flow cats it is for me I guess. We'll see how it goes.

Ok, here is the first vid, second coming, then the ones with my Flowmaster.
91 Nsx with GTLW Tiatec with Prospeed High Flow Catz Car has Prospeed Headers and Whipple 1600AR 1.6 liter Comptech running 8 psi without AEM.
Trev

THE WHOLE THING!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AHBbEwOlg6w&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AHBbEwOlg6w&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
I like the video editing!!!

Sounds great and the start up matches the license plate! Pretty funny.

Back