T - 8 hours 31 minutes.

ALSWEL said:
I used engine degreaser and this paint brush to scrub everything then rinse the degreaser off with water then spray on black magic tire foaming cleaner stuff. It has been mentioned here on Prime several times. I made the mistake of rinsing everything off after the tire foam application. Looks much better if you just leave the tire foam stuff on and not rinse it off. It "dissolves" and no smell or other problems remain. Cover the fuse box and alternator with a plastic bag before you start.

Awesome tip, thanks ALSWEL...=)

Levi

ALSWEL said:
I used engine degreaser and this paint brush to scrub everything then rinse the degreaser off with water then spray on black magic tire foaming cleaner stuff.

Congrats on the car, but a little friendly advice from someone who made a big mistake.

The spraying of water any where near your valve covers is a bad idea, the platic trim cover on the valve covers have a small rubber seal to prevent water from getting to the coil packs or plug wells, if this seal fails and they do, mainly from age the coils can short out and result in a misfire. Replacement coils are not cheap and often hard to find the exact one that is acting up.

Hope all is well and enjoy your new girlfriend, i just hope your other one does not get too jealous.

Dave

Back