T - 8 hours 31 minutes.

Seller just called, my check cleared. I pick my car up tonight at 8 PM CST. It's a '91 Blk/Ivory. I sit here at work, useless. More to come!

T - 7 hours 51 minutes.....

Local Acura dealer wants 1 hour labor to lube and adjust clutch, I have not taken it in yet. Some time this or next week. Clutch kit installed 7k miles ago.

Procured camera for toinght's activities.

Friend agreed to provide transportation to sellers location.

I should get back to work. :tongue:

J~

What we have here is another excited NSX owner! Congrats!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Congrats! Be prepared for the NSX to become the "home" of your thoughts for a long time to come...ie, when your mind "returns" from thinking on matters of work, family, etc, it will probably come "home" to dwell on your NSX:biggrin:

T - 3 hours 45 minutes

Thanks guys. I am very excited. For the last week I have applied every thought to this purchase. It's likely to snow here sometime tonight and I hope not until after 9PM. I'll take some photos when I pick it up.

ALSWEL said:
T - 3 hours 45 minutes

Thanks guys. I am very excited. For the last week I have applied every thought to this purchase. It's likely to snow here sometime tonight and I hope not until after 9PM. I'll take some photos when I pick it up.
Congrats on your new ride and i am jealous. I just bought mine yesterday but i won't receive it till this weekend :frown: .

The day I was going to pick-up my NSX, the time went by so slowly. Then, about 3:00 PM, a co-worker asked me if I would not mind looking at a property that was on our marketing hit list. The property happened to be in the same direction where I was going to pick-up my car. I left my office so quickly that I didn’t even turn off the lights to my office!

Have fun!

She is home. She is beautiful. She sits in my garage quietly waiting for me to get to know her better. She is more than I ever thought she would be. The test drive was nothing compared to the last 53 miles I have driven her tonight. I have opened the garage door three times in the last 1/2 hour just to see if it's real. There she sits, in all her glory waiting....

It took 10 minutes for someone to walk into the bar I went to after a spirited ride home to ask out loud "who's NSX is that in the parking lot". There were only 15 people in the place and my 4 friends all looked at me and smiled. As did I. This guy went on and on about how much he like it.

Who ever said an NSX isn't fast is crazy. It is plenty fast. I am sure it isn't the fastest, but it is certainly fast. Someone here said, all you have to do is think about changing lanes and it already is. This could not be more true. I find myself cutting curves too sharp and have to correct so I dont hit the median.

This has been one of the most exciting days of my life and I have just gotten started. I will wake up tomorrow morning and continue living the dream all over again.

Best wishes everyone from one very pleased NSX owner.

Jeremy

Congratulations on the purchase and taking her home. You'll only learn to love the car even more as time passes. Glad to see another excited owner :biggrin: Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Don't keep us waiting :)

DV8 said:
Looking forward to seeing the pics.

ALSWEL said:
She is home. She is beautiful. She sits in my garage quietly waiting for me to get to know her better. She is more than I ever thought she would be. The test drive was nothing compared to the last 53 miles I have driven her tonight. I have opened the garage door three times in the last 1/2 hour just to see if it's real. There she sits, in all her glory waiting....

It took 10 minutes for someone to walk into the bar I went to after a spirited ride home to ask out loud "who's NSX is that in the parking lot". There were only 15 people in the place and my 4 friends all looked at me and smiled. As did I. This guy went on and on about how much he like it.

Who ever said an NSX isn't fast is crazy. It is plenty fast. I am sure it isn't the fastest, but it is certainly fast. Someone here said, all you have to do is think about changing lanes and it already is. This could not be more true. I find myself cutting curves too sharp and have to correct so I dont hit the median.

This has been one of the most exciting days of my life and I have just gotten started. I will wake up tomorrow morning and continue living the dream all over again.

Jeremy

We all know the feeling and we share it too :smile:

Jeremy- I know the feeling. I've only had my car since Saturday. Every time I drive it, the thing feels better and better. The entire car feels like it's connected to one's cerebral cortex. It's amazing how you barely have to think about what YOU want the car to do.

Congrats!

I bought mine Nov. 17. I intended to drive it to work only 1-2 days a week. I've failed so far. I want to drive it every day. I want to spend stupid amounts of money on it but I know it was an extreme extravagance to buy it so I'm not pushing my wife for any new NSX goodies. At least for a few months.

I know one of my friends thinks I'm nuts because I could explain the built-in bias of the tire plies in the OEM tires because of the toe-in toe-out alignment of the NSX. I probably sound like a dick when anyone asks me about the car.

It is a beautiful fantastic car and I know you will enjoy yours.

ALSWEL said:

Jeremy

I just sat and read that with a huge grin on my face. I'm smiling ear to ear. I know EXACTLY how you feel. The week that I knew I was going to get mine I could hardly sleep. I drove from Lawrenceburg, Indiana to Cleveland, Ohio and it seemed like the drive home just flew. I was so awe struck that I was operating this machine. I took it out of the guys driveway, went 2 miles down the street to fill her up with gas before hitting the highway, and there I got my first comments and looks. "Oh my god.. what is that?" I said It's an NSX. The guy said, "wow, I've heard of those... but I don't think I've ever seen one in person."

I'm happy for you. It sounds like you really respect the experience of owning something like this. Welcome aboard.

You guys are getting me teary eyed! i remember feeling awestruck as well. i could barely breath the first hundred or so feet i drove. then a cop pulled me over before i could put a single mile on it...

PhiAlpha44 said:
I just sat and read that with a huge grin on my face. I'm smiling ear to ear. I know EXACTLY how you feel. The week that I knew I was going to get mine I could hardly sleep. I drove from Lawrenceburg, Indiana to Cleveland, Ohio and it seemed like the drive home just flew. I was so awe struck that I was operating this machine. I took it out of the guys driveway, went 2 miles down the street to fill her up with gas before hitting the highway, and there I got my first comments and looks. "Oh my god.. what is that?" I said It's an NSX. The guy said, "wow, I've heard of those... but I don't think I've ever seen one in person."

I'm happy for you. It sounds like you really respect the experience of owning something like this. Welcome aboard.

This thread sure brings back memories. I remember when I first got mine. I'd come home in the daily driver, open the garage door, and there in my garage was my NSX! I never got tired of seeing it. It's faded over time, but it never really went away.

Congrats on your new purchase.

QUOTE=simonprelude]Don't keep us waiting :)[/QUOTE]

I caught a quick snap shot of her in the driveway behind my girlfriends Cougar while she wasn't looking. Being that she isn't very presentable, driving around in melting salty snow and all on the roads, she doesn't want her picture taken until shes had the chance to clean up a little. Typical woman. I'll take some more this weekend before the Chicago Chicken Shack meet. Which by the way looks like it will be quite fun.

I still cant believe I am an OWNER. :biggrin:

Had trouble showing a large pic on this page???

Attachments

• CAR3.jpg
    CAR3.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
good stuff man :)

i just bought my 91 black/ivory like 10 mos ago. still love it. it doesn't look like you have a problem driving it. just don't let it get to a point where you leave it in the garage all the time - the thing was meant to be driven, and you're not paying ins for no reason :cool:

enjoy

Here are some pics after the bath and engine clean up.
1. My baby
2. Very dirty engine
3. Used the tire foam cleaner trick
4. Turned out pretty good, will do it again tomorrow.

Attachments

• Car5.jpg
    Car5.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 149
  • Dirty2.jpg
    Dirty2.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 170
  • Foamy2.jpg
    Foamy2.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 152
  • Clean2.jpg
    Clean2.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 169
I know how you feel being so damn excited waiting to get your dream car. I had to fly out to Sacramento form Louisiana and drive it back beause I could not wait for that whole trucking thing. Its been a lil over 2 months now and everytime I walk by it I smile.

Congrats! Nice color combo!

ALSWEL said:
Here are some pics after the bath and engine clean up.
1. My baby
2. Very dirty engine
3. Used the tire foam cleaner trick
4. Turned out pretty good, will do it again tomorrow.

Nice, I didn't realize tire foam cleaner cleaned up the engine so nicely. Any specific brand, or will any work just as good?

Levi

I used engine degreaser and this paint brush to scrub everything then rinse the degreaser off with water then spray on black magic tire foaming cleaner stuff. It has been mentioned here on Prime several times. I made the mistake of rinsing everything off after the tire foam application. Looks much better if you just leave the tire foam stuff on and not rinse it off. It "dissolves" and no smell or other problems remain. Cover the fuse box and alternator with a plastic bag before you start.

Attachments

• brush2.jpg
    brush2.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 118
Back