Sunday, 8/23, Wheels and Wings hosted by Blackhorsegarage in CT.

I had a conflict last Sunday. As long as Bruce promises it won't rain this Sunday, Jan and I may give it a try.

Rich - where are you in NJ? I'll be going up 287 if you want to do a mini caravan.

As of 5 minutes ago, weather for the weekend looks to be pretty ___ty.:mad: I took a ride to the Candlelight Farms Airport last Sunday and it was sloppy to say the least. Please don't yell at me if it's the same this weekend. Changing tires and wheels is getting to be a pain in the butt! If things clear up, would you all be coming via the Merrit Parkway or via RT684 into CT?

Bruce

Bruce,

Route would be 287 to 684 to 84, etc for the fastest travel time. However, we could go via the Merrit if it meant joining up with others.

If it doesn't stop raining soon, I'm going to buy an air boat.:rolleyes:

I had a conflict last Sunday. As long as Bruce promises it won't rain this Sunday, Jan and I may give it a try.

Rich - where are you in NJ? I'll be going up 287 if you want to do a mini caravan.

Frank, I am so close to NYC, right across the river. If you are taking 287 across the Hudson further north, we should try to meet near Elmsford in Westchester. Jeanne and I will probably be coming up either the Sprain Brook or the Saw Mill with Simon & Andrea. I know a stop area right off 287 there where we can meet up for the drive up into CT.

Bruce,

Route would be 287 to 684 to 84, etc for the fastest travel time. However, we could go via the Merrit if it meant joining up with others.

If it doesn't stop raining soon, I'm going to buy an air boat.:rolleyes:

Maybe I will crash this crazy rain party. I would go 80 to 287 so we could mini caravan from the 287/80 junction. That is of course if the rain stops.

Aaron,

Meeting you at the 287/80 interchange is simple. There's a few places to pull over on the side just after the on-ramps. I'm only about 15 minutes from that location.

Rich,

It would be easy for us to join up with you on 287 in the area of the Saw Mill or Sprain near Elmsford. What time are you planning to be there?

We can exchange cell phone numbers via PM so we stay in sync on Sunday - especially in case hurricane Danny causes another postponement.

The forecast does not look good. If no rain, then we can meet at 8am in Elmsford Westchester. We can meet a little later if that's too early for the NJ folks.

Last edited:
7am is a bit early, i am not entering the car...so i will probably go later in the morning.

You guys are go-getters! Simon, your idea of later in the morning is 8am. :eek: I am a sold hour and a quarter from the Tapen Zee. I can rough it though if you guys are looking to help open the place. :biggrin:

You guys are go-getters! Simon, your idea of later in the morning is 8am. :eek: I am a sold hour and a quarter from the Tapen Zee. I can rough it though if you guys are looking to help open the place. :biggrin:

Last Sunday I was free all day, but I have to be back at 2PM this Sunday. Let's finalize a time when we know this is going to happen for sure. We can all sleep in if it rains...lol.

Aaron,

Meeting you at the 287/80 interchange is simple. There's a few places to pull over on the side just after the on-ramps. I'm only about 15 minutes from that location.

Rich,

It would be easy for us to join up with you on 287 in the area of the Saw Mill or Sprain near Elmsford. What time are you planning to be there?

We can exchange cell phone numbers via PM so we stay in sync on Sunday - especially in case hurricane Danny causes another postponement.

Frank/Aaron, from I-287 in Westchester, get off @ exit 4 (100A). Make first right onto Knollwood then immediate right into parking area of office building. If you are at Shell Station, you are one building too far. Let's agree on a time for that spot. I'm thinking jet ski or bass boat instead of NSX! :smile:

This morning I see it has been postponed to 9/13. So, let's re-group for that.

My wife and I will be hosting a BBQ the night before that usually runs fairly late. Leaving 7 am the next morning may be a bit of a challenge. :eek:

Frank,

Does this mean that we're all invited to a Saturday BBQ, stay-over at your house and then leave whatever time we get up on Sunday...so that we caravan together to the show? :biggrin:

Back