Sun Oct 11 for re-scheduled Wings and Wheels

RSO and I were both winners at today's Bedford Lions 11th Annual Show, I won a plaque (they don't give trophies) and Bob won a dozen cannoli's in a drawing, considering that he only bought one ticket, he was thrilled. My cholesterol went up, just for sitting next to him!!!!:eek:

Someone left me a voicemail on my cellphone while I was at Wheels & Wings. It seems my phone (AT&T) had no reception at the end of the runway by the tents. Whoever called me didn't do much better - their voice was so garbled I couldn't tell who it was.

So, now that I'm back home and have good reception, call me if its still relevant.

The weather was great today for Wheels and Wings. Tytus and I brought our NSXs, doc flew in with his 3 kids, and Bruce brought his "other car". There was a good variety of cars and some interesting airplanes. I took some pics, but need to sort through them first.

nice lil show today...bruce,bruce,bruce, you have the car:biggrin:
9122_1162316260146_1295029148_30689219_7863770_n.jpg

other than the mush/stall/wing drop/bounce on takeoff from rwy [off grass...],
it was very exciting:rolleyes:lol. good to see you tytus, and jan!!
missed ya frank!!....
pix here
9122_1162312140043_1295029148_30689186_1726209_n.jpg

RSO and I were both winners at today's Bedford Lions 11th Annual Show, I won a plaque (they don't give trophies) and Bob won a dozen cannoli's in a drawing, considering that he only bought one ticket, he was thrilled. My cholesterol went up, just for sitting next to him!!!!:eek:
"Nice job boys!" We expect nothing less than pics this week. :smile:

nice lil show today...bruce,bruce,bruce, you have the car:biggrin:
9122_1162316260146_1295029148_30689219_7863770_n.jpg

other than the mush/stall/wing drop/bounce on takeoff from rwy [off grass...],
it was very exciting:rolleyes:lol. good to see you tytus, and jan!!
missed ya frank!!....
pix here
9122_1162312140043_1295029148_30689186_1726209_n.jpg
Challenger: those kids are too cute to be Flyers fans! Hope all you guys had a terrific day. Sorry I couldn't be there. More pics. :smile:

jalnjr ,

I think I know the guy who owns that red mini in your photo album. I used to work with him , his name is Bill.

Cool pics. :biggrin:

jalnjr ,

I think I know the guy who owns that red mini in your photo album. I used to work with him , his name is Bill.

Cool pics. :biggrin:

thnx! the mini was tiiiiiny, that's a cropped pix, so you don't see perspective.:smile:

thnx! the mini was tiiiiiny, that's a cropped pix, so you don't see perspective.:smile:

That is a very small car for sure . I cannot tell for sure if that is him in the background with the teal colored shirt and red baseball cap , but it looks like him. If that is a beer in his hands , it is him for sure ..... He drinks A LOT !!!!! Too much , actually. We used to call him ' Whiskey Willie ' ...lol

The white Superbird belongs to a friend of mine who lives in Bridgewater , CT. He also is lucky enough to have a yellow one as well , plus a one-of-a-kind Superbird convertible clone in limelight green. Plymouth never made a Superbird convertible so he made his own with a Roadrunner convertible and OEM Superbird nose and wing. It has a 426 Hemi under the hood. Both of his real Superbirds have the 440 wedge engine. He is known around these parts as ' Superbird Pete '. He drives the clone but the real ones stay in the garage and get taken to shows only. I have sold him some NOS MOPAR parts that I had acquired from a Plymouth dealer I used to work at years ago. Cool car guy.

Here is a very crappy pic of 'Superbird Pete's' cars returning from a show at the mall a few years ago through my old truck's windshield at 55mph , Eastbound I-84 , exit 5 , Danbury CT.

100_0799.jpg

Last edited:
That is a very small car for sure . I cannot tell for sure if that is him in the background with the teal colored shirt and red baseball cap , but it looks like him. If that is a beer in his hands , it is him for sure ..... He drinks A LOT !!!!! Too much , actually. We used to call him ' Whiskey Willie ' ...lol

The white Superbird belongs to a friend of mine who lives in Bridgewater , CT. He also is lucky enough to have a yellow one as well , plus a one-of-a-kind Superbird convertible clone in limelight green. Plymouth never made a Superbird convertible so he made his own with a Roadrunner convertible and OEM Superbird nose and wing. It has a 426 Hemi under the hood. Both of his real Superbirds have the 440 wedge engine. He is known around these parts as ' Superbird Pete '. He drives the clone but the real ones stay in the garage and get taken to shows only. I have sold him some NOS MOPAR parts that I had acquired from a Plymouth dealer I used to work at years ago. Cool car guy.

Here is a very crappy pic of 'Superbird Pete's' cars returning from a show at the mall a few years ago through my old truck's windshield at 55mph , Eastbound I-84 , exit 5 , Danbury CT.

100_0799.jpg

Nice extension ladder you got there:biggrin:

I made it to the show around 2:35PM...I spotted a red NSX (Frank) and a black NSX (Tytus) going the opposite direction on my way up there. I didn't bring the NSX since we had three people. I also wasn't driving but we tried to wave but the cars went by quickly. We were in a blue BMW convertible.

We pretty much missed everyone except for Bruce and got a chance to check out his CONSULIER! Very cool car and unique!

It was a beautiful day and lots of interesting cars...don't know much about the planes. (Doc Bling, when can I get a ride? :) )

I made it to the show around 2:35PM...I spotted a red NSX (Frank) and a black NSX (Tytus) going the opposite direction on my way up there. I didn't bring the NSX since we had three people. I also wasn't driving but we tried to wave but the cars went by quickly. We were in a blue BMW convertible.

We pretty much missed everyone except for Bruce and got a chance to check out his CONSULIER! Very cool car and unique!

It was a beautiful day and lots of interesting cars...don't know much about the planes. (Doc Bling, when can I get a ride? :) )
Should have checked out Bob and his cannolis!!!!:eek:

Nice extension ladder you got there:biggrin:

LOL...:tongue:

Like I said , crappy pic. This was taken at 55mph while driving. ( one handed ) That ladder is my 40' fiberglass , it hangs over the cab a bit. I have about 5k in my ladder collection. I use them everyday climbing up onto peoples' roofs. That was in my old truck , a '89 Ford F-150.

Just for laughs , the car hauler and trailer belongs to ' Big Al ' of Gaylordsville , CT. He is a car guy too. His shop is about 5 miles away from where Wings & Wheels was held. If you are interested in some BRUTE horsepower for your American hot rod he is the guy . He builds engines and has a real nice shop.

Check out his website - http://www.bigalstoybox.com/

His brother is here in Danbury and he has a shop as well. Lou does a lot of high end repair work and customs. I have done work for him at his shop.
He has some very cool toys too.

It was good to see Frank, Jan, Doc, Tytus and Simon this weekend. Thanks for taking the time to peruzzz my "other car". It was a great weekend and got to spend some quality time with friends. The one negative thing about the show (which I clearly communicated to Black Horse management) was that I did not think the AACA was qualified to judge many of their clients cars i.e. Ferrari's, Aston Martins, Consuliers, etc. They agreed and confirmed that an oversight committee would review in the future. We'll check out next year.

Congrats to you Roger and Bob on your respective win. Maybe next year Bob will go for the Krispy Kreme Kup!

Bruce

It was good to see Frank, Jan, Doc, Tytus and Simon this weekend. Thanks for taking the time to peruzzz my "other car". It was a great weekend and got to spend some quality time with friends. The one negative thing about the show (which I clearly communicated to Black Horse management) was that I did not think the AACA was qualified to judge many of their clients cars i.e. Ferrari's, Aston Martins, Consuliers, etc. They agreed and confirmed that an oversight committee would review in the future. We'll check out next year.

Congrats to you Roger and Bob on your respective win. Maybe next year Bob will go for the Krispy Kreme Kup!

Bruce

Bob has informed me that he ate his "trophy", and I can't eat mine!:eek:

Back