Sunday, 8/23, Wheels and Wings hosted by Blackhorsegarage in CT.

Hi guys,

I am planning to attend this event and was hoping get some NSXer's to for a nice drive to New Milford, CT (About 1.5 hour from NYC).

Blackhorse garage is hosting an event on August 23rd from 8 AM to 4 PM at Candlelight Farms Airport. Spectators can enjoy vintage European exotics, muscle cars, biplanes and more for $7 per person and children under 12 are FREE. Show your vintage vehicle for only $10. Judging starts at 10 AM sharp. Click on the link for more info and pictures from previous years:

http://www.blackhorsegarage.com/calendar.php

Thanks,
Simon

Last edited:
I love the renault R5 Turbo II a few pics down. Those group B cars were "wickedly fast!" :eek::eek:

I went last year and it was pretty interesting. The were working what they believed to be the first Jaguar ever built (actually the prototype before they were even called Jaguar). Be interesting to see if it's done. It need significant work. Anyway, as of right now I plan on going. It's only about 30 minutes from me.

Hi guys.

I was at the show last year (including several trips during the year to their shop in Bridgeport) and had a wonderful time. Even ran into Roger (not his car) in the parking area. I would highly recommend it and plan on being there again this year. They also put on a Griots Garage product demo during the day, and you get a chance to use a random orbital polisher on a Ferrari. I preferred to ruin the F-car instead of my own car... but it didn't happen.

One word of caution is that the entry to the grass landing strip is rocky , so hope they don't have rain the day before. I'm about an hour away in Stamford and could meet somewhere on the Merritt Parkway for the trip up to Candlewood Lake. Cheers.

Bruce

IM Out, Ill be soaking up some much needed sun in puerto rico. Have fun and as usual, lots of pics so I can see what I missed.

Hey guys. I'm James. I'm new here and this is my first post. Just purchased my NSX yesterday. I was looking to join you guys so I can meet some fellow NSX'ers. I'll try and make it on the 23rd with my friend.

The car should be arriving Friday and it just needs to be registered, so I should have more than enough time to get that done before the 23rd.

She's a 1993 Red/Black, completely stock, 29,700 miles. Thanks.

Hey guys. I'm James. I'm new here and this is my first post. Just purchased my NSX yesterday. I was looking to join you guys so I can meet some fellow NSX'ers. I'll try and make it on the 23rd with my friend.

The car should be arriving Friday and it just needs to be registered, so I should have more than enough time to get that done before the 23rd.

She's a 1993 Red/Black, completely stock, 29,700 miles. Thanks.

Congrats and welcome!!! Please post pics when she arrives. :)

James,

Welcome to Prime. Where in CT are you? I'm in Stamford and would like to see you new baby when she arrives. You'll also join the "low mi" club. I'm currently at 8,000 with my 91.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce. I had one back in 2002 (a 1991 with 40k) which I sold a year later because I put another 40,000 miles on it. After many long years of waiting, I finally got this 1993. All service records seem to be in order, including a timing belt/pump done in late 2003. I purchased from an Acura dealer for 29k. And yes, she has 29,700 miles.

I live near New Haven and work in North Haven/Wallingford. MadBox, I have never seen your car around...do you drive it much?

Anyways, I'll look forward to meeting everyone in my region. I'm not a huge mod guy, but I will most likely go with a set of BBS LM's, an intake and call it a day. I absolutely adore these cars, honestly believe it's one of the best performance cars made, and hope to drive her everyday of the year.

Last year my car won an award at this show, if all you guys show up, I'm not coming!!!!! J/K:wink:

Depending on the weather and "medical condition" and nursing shifts, I should make it up there to claim another trophy this year!!!:wink:

Show opens at 8am and judging begins at 10am. We could meet on Merrit Parkway NB gas station right after X37. It should take about 45 min to 1 hr (depending on traffic). How about 7am at the station?

Show opens at 8am and judging begins at 10am. We could meet on Merrit Parkway NB gas station right after X37. It should take about 45 min to 1 hr (depending on traffic). How about 7am at the station?

Doesn't work for me as I have a nurse coming twice a day to change bandages/dressing and they don't show until 8:30-9am, and I have to be back home @ 3pm for the afternoon shift, I'll have to play it by ear!

7am is a bit early, i am not entering the car...so i will probably go later in the morning.

As posted by Bone Stock the show was cancelled

UPDATE (Saturday 8/22/09): Due to the rain, thunder storms, wet field conditions and more rain in the forecast for tomorrow morning, Wheels & Wings has been postponed to next Sunday 8/30.

Griot's Garage Tech Session is still on for Sunday 8/23 in the Candlelight Farms Aircraft Hangar.

Even though the rainy weather has postponed Wheels & Wings until next Sunday, experts from Griot's Garage will be conducting a technical session on automobile detailing in the aircraft hangar and tent on the show field from 9 am until 3 pm tomorrow 8/23. Please come and join us for this fun and informative tech session and a chance to purchase a wide range of Griot's Garage superb automobile detailing products.

Back