Suggestions on an Exaust System

Hi,
Anyone know of a not too loud but deep sounding exaust?
I do want it to be louder then the stock 2001 exaust, but not too loud that it will wake the neighbors. I want that nice deep sound.
I want a large single exaust tip on each side as well.
Thanks
Calvin

There are a lot of different exhausts that may work but sound is pretty subjective, so only you can be the judge. Science of Speed has several choices. You should also talk to Ken at Paddock Performance www.paddockperformance.com / 845 429-4115. They are in New York near the west end of the Tappenzee bridge.

If you can wait until October you will want to attend NSXPO at Watkins Glenn where you will, no doubt, hear so many different exhausts your head will spin.

Good luck.

Will changing the exaust and/or intake void any factory warranty?
I just bought a 2001 4 days ago and paid for extended warranty as well. I think its the wrap around (Acura Care).

I dont want to void ANY warranties.
Thanks,
Calvin

I doubt it, but the only answer that counts is the one from the people that issued the warranty. You should ask them before doing any modifications.

My advice is to wait till October, come to NSXPO 2004, listen to all the different NSX exhausts, and decide for yourself which one you like the best based on hearing them in person, from inside and outside the car.

i SECOND POOH BEAR... I like my RM. Its kind of throaty at low rpm and when you let off the throttle but going through a tunnel sounds friggin sweet. I was actually trying for near ferrari sound with my set up. I always drop the windows and hammer it under bridges and the like..quite the smile maker

Try hearing comptech header, intake and RM exhaust at 5-6rpm, it is alot sweeeeeeeeeter w/ cherry on top:D

chumch said:
i SECOND POOH BEAR... I like my RM. Its kind of throaty at low rpm and when you let off the throttle but going through a tunnel sounds friggin sweet. I was actually trying for near ferrari sound with my set up. I always drop the windows and hammer it under bridges and the like..quite the smile maker

BEST exhaust is COMPTECH, its wife and street friendly :D !!!!!I have heard ALL the exhaust!!!! and YES... ARC TI , FUJIT too....

But for the BEST sound is RM......not GurppeM just me 2 cents...

I have the JGTC with Comptech Headers..all I can say is, "sounds mean as hell", when you go through tunnels or when you blip the throttle for revv matching...sounds extremely sweet..even my V8 buddies cant believe the awesome sound it produces.

I do have to warn you, its a bit loud.. :cool:

PoohBEAR said:
Check out RM Exhaust...I like em'

My very first mod was the RM DTM Exhaust which is a tad louder than the stocker at WOT. Then I went with the DC Headers which gave it a little more UMPFF and a little more growl. Not satisfied I installed the Taitec By-Pass Pipes and Man O Man it's loud just the way I like it. :D

Sorry guys, RM? WHats RM? Any link to it?
Thanks,
Calvin

RM Racing is a vendor that used to have a pretty good selection of NSX stuff here . I am not sure that they actively support the NSX aftermarket like they did previously.

FWIW, a deep, relatively quiet, single tipped exhaust says Comptech to me. Anytime also seems to fit the bill, save the single tips. Check out the SoS exhaust comparison here.

NSXNXT said:
Sorry guys, RM? WHats RM? Any link to it?
Thanks,
Calvin

Calvin if you are looking into a RM/B&B exhaust email me and i can save you some money. The B&B exhaust is pretty damn loud thou, it is throaty for sure! i have the GT lightweight exhaust, might be what you are looking for, deep down low but not on the extreme side.

Tetsuo

I think I am going to have to go with the CompTech Exhaust. It has two tips (though I wish I could get it with oval tips instead of round, (I may call CompTech and speak with them about a tip swap if possible) and it is apparently the quietest of the aftermarket exhaust. I went for a ride in Ken's NSX today (nice car and very fast) and heard it up close and personal it sounded good, I appreciated the ride too.

So any other comments re CompTech and why I should not purchase and install it? Oh, any tips on the best place for the best price would sure be appreciated.
Thanks, Cairo94507

Back