Spoiler LED lights

looking at buying my first NSX here in the next couple weeks. It will likely be sight-unseen as there are none for sale in this area. I've got a pretty long checklist of stuff I need to know about the car, but a new one hit me last night. I have seen several X's (earlier models i assume) w/ burnt out LED's in the spoiler brake-light. Is this an issue on these cars? From my understanding, there's no "just replacing" an LED - you need the whole unit to fix it. I'm sure this part isn't cheap. I hate to be anal and have the owners go check, but I'm wondering if this could save me some hassle and $ in the long run.
Love the board!
Thanks,
Michael

You're planning to buy the car sight-unseen and this is your main concern? Do a search and you will find that it cost about 100 bucks to send it in for repair. If I were you I would be more focus on if the engine or tranny will be coming with the car when delivered. Furthermore, you should concern that the tranny will blow up when you pull it in the garage... :D Don't mind me....I am just trying to spice things up.

MLmotorsport said:
looking at buying my first NSX here in the next couple weeks. It will likely be sight-unseen as there are none for sale in this area. I've got a pretty long checklist of stuff I need to know about the car, but a new one hit me last night. I have seen several X's (earlier models i assume) w/ burnt out LED's in the spoiler brake-light. Is this an issue on these cars? From my understanding, there's no "just replacing" an LED - you need the whole unit to fix it. I'm sure this part isn't cheap. I hate to be anal and have the owners go check, but I'm wondering if this could save me some hassle and $ in the long run.
Love the board!
Thanks,
Michael

Not to worry about the spoiler LED lights. Just replace it with the NSX-R wing! :D
Check Engine, EPS, ALB, TCS LED lights - make sure those didn't light up after you start the car.

Oh trust me, I've done a ton of research - heck, I've been lurking here for 3 years now! This is WAAY down on my list - but I want to be thorough. Haha, I'm well aware of the tranny issue, but as long as I can get it into the garage w/out the tranny shredding itself I don't care. I'm just going to look at it, wash it, and play with the brake lights (but I want to be sure they work!). Thanks for the reality check though ;)

Back