Special interest insurance or regular, NSX owners please chime in!

Teej, did you get a quote from Grundy Worldwide? Per my prior thread, they're dirt cheap and I love the unlimited mileage & no restrictions on the kind of daily driver I can have!

Teej, did you get a quote from Grundy Worldwide? Per my prior thread, they're dirt cheap and I love the unlimited mileage & no restrictions on the kind of daily driver I can have!

No, but ill try them next. I mean, our State Farm quote is in line with the rest of our vehicles, but I don't want to pay $130/month for something I get to see on the weekends only.

No, but ill try them next. I mean, our State Farm quote is in line with the rest of our vehicles, but I don't want to pay $130/month for something I get to see on the weekends only.

Plus you really do want stated or agreed value on a car like the NSX.

Folks

I'm trying my hardest to give Grundy Worldwide my business but it's as if they don't want it. I've submitted a few quote requests online to never have them emailed to me. When I was able to actually get through on the phone, the gal did not see the quote in the system and asked me to wait. Now it seems as though I can't get through. The phone is ALWAYS busy.

If it is taking this much effort to even get a person on the phone or a quote, what will the service afterwards be like?

I just called Grundy Worldwide yesterday to sort out an issue with my policy (typo in VIN), and they going through a transition as Philadelphia Insurance no longer handles customer service calls for them beginning August 1. So things may be a bit chaotic until the transition is completed.

I just called Grundy Worldwide yesterday to sort out an issue with my policy (typo in VIN), and they going through a transition as Philadelphia Insurance no longer handles customer service calls for them beginning August 1. So things may be a bit chaotic until the transition is completed.

Good to know, I'm up for renewal.. gonna give em a call and see whats going on

I tried Hagerty today because the online quote was approxamitely 50% of what I pay through Intact (here in Canada) and the agreed value option is attractive. Everything seemed great until I chatted with them on the phone.

Unfortuanltely my lack of a daily driver, combined the fact that I walk or use transit to work (school, grocery store, etc.) confounded them. Then when I told her my 2nd car was a Car2Go I think that just made things worse. Is it that strange to not have 1 car per adult in a household? We used to be like that when we lived in the suburbs, but it was expensive and annoying. The first thing I did when we moved to the inner-city was sell the TL and start NSX-hunting.

It feels unfair; I am VERY careful with the NSX, but insurance is a fuction of (perceived) risk, and I guess they aren't prepared to accept the risk that I could drive the NSX to the grocery store one day when the SUV is being used by my wife.

Does anyone have any other recommendations? if not, it looks like it's full price for me.

Thanks all!
Fuji

Sorry to hear Sean. Perhaps you can offer to add an annual mileage restriction (say under 5000km) and that may help getting the policy approved.

Lant is the broker selling the Hagerty Plan (for Special Interest Vehicle). It's basically the rebranded version of the old Silver Wheel Plan by Aviva Insurance Company and Aviva remains the underwriter for Hagerty. I don't think it's a matter of fairness, it's about meeting their criterias. It's difficult to expect paying half (in some cases 1/3) the premium and not deal with more restrictions and criterias.

I have hagerty threw aviva and yes it was one of the requirements, since I have three cars on regular insurance as daily use I had no problem putting the nsx and my alga under hagerty

I believe I pay about 100 a month for full coverage on my 91 NSX without many restrictions. I find those other companies make it tough to drive a car for fun with their limitations. My company is Wawanesa/Doherty Insurance. What is the point of owning a car you cannot drive and enjoy whenever you feel like it. I guess I bought my car to enjoy not to have as an investment and store in a garage most of the time.

Sorry to hear Sean. Perhaps you can offer to add an annual mileage restriction (say under 5000km) and that may help getting the policy approved.
Tried that- no luck.

- - - Updated - - -

...I find those other companies make it tough to drive a car for fun with their limitations...
...I bought my car to enjoy not to have as an investment and store in a garage most of the time.

I like your perspective on the situation.
Although I don't drive too often, I'd hate have to think about "is this drive as per my insurance policy?" every time I go out in the short driving season; or worse yet, not be covered if (jeebus forbid) something did happen. Besides, the $ difference over 6 months of driving isn't going to break the bank- I guess that's the price of freedom, and no daily driver. Looks like it's true what they say about us Sebring Silver owners... good taste AND smart too!

Thanks to all for your input and suggestions.
Fuji

Last edited:
I am with Intact. $340.00/year Special interest collector classic policy.

Last edited:
I have no limitations on mileage however I can't just leave the car anywhere. I don't have that problem because I always have the car with me even at work it stays on our lot. In the first 7 months of ownership I put on over 20,000 KMs :)

Back