South Florida GTG

I am a Chin Motorsports member and have not heard about the cancelation of the event, what they do is close down registration for novices and put you on a waiting list.

Armando

I received the following:
Mark,

We regret to inform all of you that Homestead Miami Speedway has cancelled our November 2nd track event on the road course. Due to recent rainy weather the repaving project has been delayed and the pavement has not cured adequately for track officials to allow us to run. This is the FIRST time our track event has been cancelled by Homestead.

NSXCA is very active in Florida and I'm sure there will be lots of opportunities to meet fellow NSXers. I'd like to suggest that your contact Wei-Shen Chin [email protected] (the National NSXCA President and Chin Motorsports founder) about a possible get-to-gather.

Sincerely,

Brian Rasche
Chin Motorsports
'94 Red/Camel NSX
Orlando, FL

So guys, let's plan for a Saturday drive to Key Biscayne for brunch. If anyone else has a boat, maybe we can all meet up afterwards and go for a little intracoastal cruise. Im good for six people on my dinghy (sp?).

Brian, I keep my boat at Marina One in Pompano. Why don't we talk about logistics on meeting up somewhere convienent for both of us and the rest of the NSXer's for a susnset cruise possibly.

Still gotta work out the cruise idea with the old man...(me being only 20). I can't exactly afford a $180,000 boat yet :D

However, I'm sure if there's advance notice, we could get along just fine.

Being freshwater fisherman our whole lives, we're both beginner 'seamen' (I actually have quite a bit more experience than he). So we're both enrolled to take the 6-week coastguard course. Upon completion, he's been quoted "I have no problem with you takin the boat out with your friends...just call the marina and have em put her in the water" :) Benefits of being his son and heir to it all...<bad attitude, i know>

I'll throw the idea by him though when we go fishin on Sunday

Brian2by2 said:
Still gotta work out the cruise idea with the old man...(me being only 20). I can't exactly afford a $180,000 boat yet :D

...However, I'm sure if there's advance notice, we could get along just fine...I'll throw the idea by him though when we go fishin on Sunday

I have 30 years of experience in boating and I've brought boats up and down the east coast a number of times. If you don't feel comfortable taking people out alone yet then that's okay. As you are probably aware, boats can be very dangerous and most of th emishaps are due to inexperience. I've seen way to many unfortunate things happen on the water in Florida. Wait until you finish the CG course.

Is everyone okay with the Saturday drive to Key Biscayne?

MarkB said:
Count me in.

Where is the meeting point for the drive (preferably an address so I can 'MapQuest' it)?

Where will you be in S. Florida? I will be coming down from Boca Raton with a few other NSXer's. We usually meet up at the Glades Rd turnpike enterance.

Okay...Since Mark is going to be in Boca I arrange a time for those coming from Palm Beach County to meet, then we can arrange to join up with the people from Broward somewhere near 595/75, We'll figure out a place to meet in Miami and continue the trip to Key Biscayne for lunch at the Rusty Pelican. I have a reservation for 12 on Nov 1st.

Everyone please e-mail me ([email protected]) so I can get a head count. Spouses and significant others are welcome. I've seen what the No. California guys are capable of doing, so we should definitely be able to have a good gtg.

-Doc

DocL said:
I've seen way to many unfortunate things happen on the water in Florida. Wait until you finish the CG course.

Is everyone okay with the Saturday drive to Key Biscayne?

That's the truth! On the weekends, those intercoastal boat ramps look more like a lengthy blooper episode. ;)

Ya, i've seen some crazy boat ramp incidents in my time! None beat the yellow vette though lol.

Fortunately, my boat is in dry dock so no need for a ramp...just call and they put it in the water at the marina. It's about a 30 minute no wake ride out to the intercoastal and out to sea.

DocL, I should clarify my statement and say i'm an amateur sport fisherman and a decent boater (grew up around boats, just never owned my very own...my dad did and I always took his). I could manage but I want the CG course as 'insurance' in my knowledge before I take a chance with something so expensive!

And count me in for the 1st! :)

DocL said:
Okay...Since Mark is going to be in Boca I arrange a time for those coming from Palm Beach County to meet, then we can arrange to join up with the people from Broward somewhere near 595/75, We'll figure out a place to meet in Miami and continue the trip to Key Biscayne for lunch at the Rusty Pelican. I have a reservation for 12 on Nov 1st.

Everyone please e-mail me ([email protected]) so I can get a head count. Spouses and significant others are welcome. I've seen what the No. California guys are capable of doing, so we should definitely be able to have a good gtg.

-Doc

Doc add me plus one.

thanks
Armando

I have done the following MapQuest. Please tell me which intersection is the tpk. and the time we will meet.

TIA

Attachments

• so fl gtg.gif
    so fl gtg.gif
    23.7 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
MarkB said:
I have done the following MapQuest. Please tell me which intersection is the tpk. and the time we will meet.

TIA

The turnpike is about 5 miles west of I-95 on Glades Rd.

If everyone wants to confirm with me I'll arrange for the meeting places where people can join the caravan to Key Biscayne.

My e-mail is [email protected]

Mark, where in Boca are you staying? I live and work here. If you have the time, maybe I can offer you a cruise on the intercoastal.

DocL Can you let us know what time you are planning at being at the restaurant. I will get whoever is from the south end of town together.

Armando

MiamieNeSeX said:
DocL Can you let us know what time you are planning at being at the restaurant. I will get whoever is from the south end of town together.

Armando

I was going to ask everyone where they would be coming from. The reservation is set for 1:00pm at the Rusty Pelican. I was going to plan on leaving from Boca at around 11:15ish, pick a point in Ft. Lauderdale to meet those from that area, and then pick another area/s in N. Miami/Miami for everyone to join the caravan.

I already have four people meeting in Boca, so if everyone else would kindly let me know where you live, I can then try to arrange other spots for people to join the caravan.

Doc

I am in the Bird Road/Turnpike area, if there are any guys down south we could meet in the front parking lot of Tropical Park aroud 12.

Armando

Back