• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

SOS Individual Throttle Induction System

All I can say is WOW.

Chris / Science of Speed Staff finally called me to let me know that all my components were available and ready to be picked up.

I purchased the ITB kit, AEM, and a few other items for filtration etc etc.

I must say, the install was fairly easy due to the very detailed graphical installation instructions that I have come to expect from SOS products. The fit and finish was good, and the support from the sales team was fantastic in making sure I had everything I needed to install their product properly and successfully.

Just fired up the car with a provided basemap, got the throttles in sync, and took a short low throttle spin....

WOW is all I can say. Car is parked until a tuning date next week Wednesday... I'll post up more then with pictures / dyno plots, and a performance review...

Cheers!

-Ravi

WOW is all I can say. Car is parked until a tuning date next week Wednesday... I'll post up more then with pictures / dyno plots, and a performance review...

Cheers!

-Ravi

Ravi, plz take note and post the mpg before and after as well.
Is your car a 5-spd and 4.23 in the rear?

Car is a 5 speed with stock USDM rear end FD.

Car gets 30mpg on highway and averages about 24mpg mixed driving.

I get really good mileage as well. Curios what post ITB is gonna be like. I know it will be less but not sure by how much(10-20%?) because I am thinking going this route as well but don't want to turn the car into a gas hog.
Some say should not worry about mpg with ITB but I don't want to gas up every 3days either.

Looking forward to hear your ITB feedback.

I love reading about these ITB builds. Can't wait to see and hear the results.

I still request a ride at Expo (the ITR one) :beer:

I get really good mileage as well. Curios what post ITB is gonna be like. I know it will be less but not sure by how much(10-20%?) because I am thinking going this route as well but don't want to turn the car into a gas hog.
Some say should not worry about mpg with ITB but I don't want to gas up every 3days either.

Looking forward to hear your ITB feedback.
You should not really lose that much MPG if the tune is nice and stoic. The NSX stocks intake manifold already flow decently *for a stock motor* (though, L_Rao tells me he sees some vacuum at high rpm) so if you're putting on ITBs on the same stock motor it can really only intake so much air at atmosphere pressures. Logic tells me... maybe only 3-4mpg penalty at most for better flowing intake?

Now if someone put together a set of cams to make even better use of the ITBs.. that would be interesting. :biggrin: OR if you all the sudden experience heavy right foot syndrome from the awesome sound.. then you might be at 12mpg in no time!

Last edited:
Tuning tomorrow! Hope everything goes smoothly.. spent another hour tonight syncing the ITB's as precise as possible, and removing tension from linkages.

Congrats! Looking forward to hearing how you like the engine after the final tune.

Your post reminded me, I have to go back and re-sync my throttles soon.

We have tested the RC/Bosch injectors and ID injectors (which use the same nozzle design as the RDX injectors) in the same individual throttle bodies, and they made no difference in power even at higher power levels in our 3.5L engine. The ID design, which is the same as used by newer generation Denso / Siemens Deka, do have an advantage at very low pulse widths (ie. at idle) however, that's not as important in applications like this that already have a properly sized injector available.

regards,
-- Chris

My car was able to make 275whp/214ft/lb on pump WITH an air filter installed, I just clocked in 24mpg on my last tank, still tweaking the setup to maximize this. I think I can get it up to a 26mpg average with about 60% highway 40% town if I just work a little more on the fine tuning. I need to do a highway only run too!

Oh I want to note that the airbox I am using is also an SOS designed airbox. The temperatures were unfortunetly drastically high (100+ degrees). The real question is, would the RDX injectors paired with the ITB's net any more? Unknown! This is just part one in my N/A build. Next will be internal work!

Thanks again chris! I shop with Chris as his service has been stellar. Chris has been absolutely instrumental to making ME, the customer, happy with what I was investing in. This is not an inexpensive route to go, however it is the route I desired. Please keep this on topic! Thanks

Last edited:
Thx for the feedback Ravi. thats great results. some pix would be nice.

Hey, somebody is lying.....there are a couple threads missing.....:mad::mad:
Come down, come down, I am gonna go take my meds now:cool:

Lol. I didn't see the need for this thread to get derailed like every other thread!

I will try to post up some pictures today!

If someone has a set of RDX injectors for me to try out, i'll definitely give em a go but I am happy with the result for stage 1!

If someone has a set of RDX injectors for me to try out, i'll definitely give em a go but I am happy with the result for stage 1![/QUOTE]

I have the RDX mod and you can feel the low/mid increase. One of the most effective mods for the NA1. More hp and mpg. what more could I ask.
This guy has a set 4 sale but with no harness.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158867

U should call Brian @ Prospeed. He may/should be able/happy to help you out and you have Tony close by.

Lol. I didn't see the need for this thread to get derailed like every other thread!

I will try to post up some pictures today!

If someone has a set of RDX injectors for me to try out, i'll definitely give em a go but I am happy with the result for stage 1!
I have a complete set with harnesses/conversion_wiring, caps, and everything... but they're brand new. I have not decided if i'm using them yet. If they weren't brand new i'd let you try them out :frown:

Going with RDX is a bit of a commitment. You can't just swap them in and out. You'll need all this other wiring stuff and a retune. So you'll have to decide to do them or not imho.

Gotcha, so its not easily reversible. In that case, i'll pass for now, and maybe try them out when I get the camshafts / compression changed.

Gotcha, so its not easily reversible. In that case, i'll pass for now, and maybe try them out when I get the camshafts / compression changed.
Actually, it's easily reversible. You can unplug the harnesses, uninstall the injectors, and reflash your EMS with the old map.

The problem is.. it's not that straightforward upon install since you do need a retune to optimize new injectors. So if you're sending it to UMS for the tune you'd need to secure some more tuning time.

Actually, it's easily reversible. You can unplug the harnesses, uninstall the injectors, and reflash your EMS with the old map.

The problem is.. it's not that straightforward upon install since you do need a retune to optimize new injectors. So if you're sending it to UMS for the tune you'd need to secure some more tuning time.

Yeah Tony is a good friend of mine, getting more time isn't the issue.

Back