someone got a deal - JH4NA1156MT000431

Wow!!! At that price there is usually an issue or two.

No Visible Rust

Aluminum rusts?

Luxury Features:
Clock

Oh yeah, livin' large now -- I got a clock. In my car.

Passenger Air Bag

In a '91? O Rly?

Side Air Bags

Right....

Still, $22K is a steal for a 35,000 mile '91 -- if it has a clean, non-salvage title.

Kind of makes you wonder. If it was legit, it wasn't a deal, it was a steal. Still, sounds too strange...

E-mailed the guy several times, got a lot of poor english replies and wouldn't give a phone number.Ad says FL, when I told him I wanted to see the car he said fly to LAX.
I'm an airline pilot so it wouldn't have cost me anything but time, however I can come up with much better ways of wasting that, other than going half way around the country to see something that may or may not be.

I emailed him he said he still has the car and to deposit $5000 in his bank account and I will recieve the car in 2-4 days:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Oh and lucky me he didn't even mention if he wants the rest lol so I asked him to send me his bank account and address where the car is and his cell phone number and I will transfer it right over :wink:just for kicks. Also asked him if $5000 will be plenty I mean its 17 years old:tongue: I bet he will say yes 100000/1 anyone?

Kind of makes you wonder. If it was legit, it wasn't a deal, it was a steal. Still, sounds too strange...

I emailed him he said he still has the car and to deposit $5000 in his bank account and I will recieve the car in 2-4 days:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Oh and lucky me he didn't even mention if he wants the rest lol so I asked him to send me his bank account and address where the car is and his cell phone number and I will transfer it right over :wink:just for kicks. Also asked him if $5000 will be plenty I mean its 17 years old:tongue: I bet he will say yes 100000/1 anyone?

Post his cell number if this gets too fishy.:wink:

Post his cell number if this gets too fishy.:wink:

He didn't send it to me even after I asked. Here is his 2 emails and answer from my last email.

"Dear Sir,

Yes i still have the car. If you are interested to buy,
Please confirm to me your shipping address to arrange the shipping. You will receive the car in 2-4 days after you will make a deposit of $5,000.00 by Bank Wire Transfer.
I am waiting your email with your details and if you agree i will confirm you bank details.
if you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Su Thien Vuong

Dear sir,

I ask you $5,000.00 as deposit before, the rest of the money you have to pay after you will receive the car. If you will not agree with the car i`ll give your money back.
If you agree mail me and your shipping address and i will confirm to you bank details where you have to make the deposit.

Best Regards,
su Thien Vuong

SCAM I knew it, I am just pulling his chain for a bit making him hope he might get this fish lol..

Something about these god damned scammers, they all write alike.

Dear Sir salutation = red flag
Wire $$ in addition to bad grammar = red flag

Scammers do this with flashy cars. In 2005, I sold a show car with custom paint and many, many other customizations (I bought it from a body shop that used it as their show car until they went out of business). It was an amazing car to say the least.

Well, the car reposed in my garage while I listed it on ebay. It took me 5 or 6 listings to finally get the price I wanted, but during that time, wouldn't you know it, so many scammers posted fake ads using the pics and details from my ebay ads that I finally gave up trying to shut down their auctions/ads.

I still remember one night as I drove home from work, when my phone rang with an out of state area code. I answered, thinking it might be someone who wanted to know more about the car. Instead, I had a teenage kid on the other line who had discovered my auction on ebay and was in a panic because he claimed he'd just bought the exact same car for $5000 (a fraction of the price I wanted), and had gone behind his parent's back to tap into funds for the car. I told him to reverse the transaction ASAP, because the car was IN MY GARAGE, not wherever the scammer claimed. I can still remember the panic, fear, and dismay in his voice, since he'd already sent the funds. I had to tell him over and over that whoever he sent the money to DID NOT have the car, and that it was in my garage in NJ, and not wherever he'd been scammed into believing.

I've had scammers copy-cat 3 cars that I've bought/sold, including my NSX, so I've come to accept that any nice looking car for sale online at too good of a price is almost surely a scam.

Last edited:
I love how he is from "tamarac" Florida, yet his tag is clearly from somewhere else ... arghhh how low ...

724f_1.JPG

OScar

"Dear Sir,

Yes i still have the car. If you are interested to buy,
Please confirm to me your shipping address to arrange the shipping. You will receive the car in 2-4 days after you will make a deposit of $5,000.00 by Bank Wire Transfer.
I am waiting your email with your details and if you agree i will confirm you bank details.

Best Regards,
Su Thien Vuong

Dear sir,

I ask you $5,000.00 as deposit before, the rest of the money you have to pay after you will receive the car. If you will not agree with the car i`ll give your money back.
If you agree mail me and your shipping address and i will confirm to you bank details where you have to make the deposit.

Best Regards,
su Thien Vuong

His name says it all!
sum Thien Vuong :biggrin:
Steve

Back