Sold our 98 NSX for more wholesale than retail!

I traded a 98 NSX in on a brand new RDX, drove it all summer as my demo and priced it right. Had it on Autotrader for $36,999.

Got phone calls from all over the country, offers for $30k, kids trying to trade in every rice rocket you can mention, absurd questions and basically a ton of dreamers.

I ran the car at Bordentown Auto Auction Wed for $36,600....

I am shocked:confused:

I traded a 98 NSX in on a brand new RDX, drove it all summer as my demo and priced it right. Had it on Autotrader for $36,999.

Got phone calls from all over the country, offers for $30k, kids trying to trade in every rice rocket you can mention, absurd questions and basically a ton of dreamers.

What you had a 98 NSX ( what color and miles ) for $36 and couldn't get that for it:eek:

Makes sense with the rice rockets as they may talk trash about the NSX , but they'd take one in a heartbeat if they could afford it:biggrin:

thats what i was thinking, hard to believe it didn't sell at the dealership for that price.... the acura dealership here in MS is asking $39K for a 1991 nsx. Seems like a 1998 would have sold quick for $36K

What you had a 98 NSX ( what color and miles ) for $36 and couldn't get that for it:eek:

I only wish I recorded the conversations. Some of these questions were so absurd, I thought I was on some reality TV phone prank game.

From now on, I'm only selling late model NSX's that can be financed and under factory warranty:frown:

$37k for a 98 NSX-T:eek: I would get it in a heart bit. Wish I knew before you auctioned it.

$37k for a 98 NSX-T:eek: I would get it in a heart bit. Wish I knew before you auctioned it.

AH, I've gotten more phone calls today since I posted this than i did in the 4 months I was trying to sell the car. It wasnt really the financing, it was really just really, really picky customers. I thought I would make a couple of bucks and hook up a fellow Prime member. The funny thing is, I owned the car for $36,600. I traded a customer out of the car, who was a fellow Prime Member and he had just bought the car so I stepped up on his trade. I put my Volk GTP's on and enjoyed a targa NSX for the summer. I then took off my rims off, ran it at the auction and moved on. It's all part of the job, tough eh?:biggrin:

What color was it? How many miles? That price is amazing! :eek:

yellow, it was for sale in the marketplace here on Prime for a long, long time.
Ive had a blue 05 on my showroom forever and haven't had 1 phone call in the last month.:confused:

yellow, it was for sale in the marketplace here on Prime for a long, long time.
Ive had a blue 05 on my showroom forever and haven't had 1 phone call in the last month.:confused:

That 2005 model would be nice. I am a big fan of the blue after seeing it in person.

Do ever run across any 911 Twin Turbos?

PM'd you

Micheal!

I am glad to see you got what you wanted out of that thing. I just had my 97 on ebay and it didn't go above 25300.00 97 black on black with 70k. hahahahaha I am sending it up for the sale!

Sent it to the Highline sale at Manheim or Bordentown. I might be able to get you a piggy-back number for the Honda/Acura factory sale:wink:

the acura dealership here in MS is asking $39K for a 1991 nsx. Seems like a 1998 would have sold quick for $36K
That's an unrealistically high price for a '91 (assuming nothing out-of-the-ordinary like super-low mileage, etc) and shouldn't be used as a comp.

If you get the banks to look in there system most of them will see the NSX is listed in classic/collector car section too. I financed my 92 for 6.4% for 60mths

If you get the banks to look in there system most of them will see the NSX is listed in classic/collector car section too. I financed my 92 for 6.4% for 60mths

Financing wasn't the real issue, just a determining factor. I appreciate everyone's imput on APR, I financed mine at 6.25 for 72 months four years ago. The point was to illustrate what a tough time it is to sell an NSX at any price:wink:

Financing wasn't the real issue, just a determining factor. I appreciate everyone's imput on APR, I financed mine at 6.25 for 72 months four years ago. The point was to illustrate what a tough time it is to sell an NSX at any price:wink:

Especially when you don't return messages!LOL I just financed a 05 Lotus 6.5% 72 months, the companies are there if you want to make a deal ,you have to look for them. I was willing to trade mt 91 with 38K miles and cash if you could get me a better rate than I got with Cap One 12.75%. I paid 2k more for the lotus and my pymt is $30 mo. lower

Back