So my jeep was robbed last night

Good thing I keep the nsx in the garage. Typical smash and grab on my jeep in the driveway thou last night. Between 1am and 6am. Smashed the drivers side window, took the cdplayer, amps, and subs. Seems no neighborhood is safe anymore from pathetic pricks like this. Oh well at least they didnt attempt anything on the nsx, else i'd be posting this from jail.

A friendly piece of advice..... NEVER put anything in a jeep that you don't want stolen.

I'm not kidding here. I had a buddy of mine who was a Wrangler nut and he had that thing broken into 5 times in one year. It wasn't even in the same place but EVERYWHERE he went it got broken into.
Most of the time they just pushed his window down and unlocked it that way but a few times they cut his top or broke the window.

The bottom line, Jeeps are magnets for thieves.:mad:

Our jeep got robbed last year. We have the soft top and locked the doors. They decided to cut the door and tore apart the dash to get the cd player. Since then, we do NOT lock the doors anymore. We just don't keep anything valuable inside. The damage to the door exceeded the value of anything they could of stolen inside it including the cd player.

So our solution is:
#1 Don't lock the doors
#2 get a tiny amp and bolt it down under the rear seat
#3 No subs, just the stock location highs and cheap 6x9 in boxes under the front seat, easily removed.
#4 No more CD player, just RCA jacks converted to stereo mini plug. We use IPOD now

No more problems.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

A friendly piece of advice..... NEVER put anything in a jeep that you don't want stolen.

I'm not kidding here. I had a buddy of mine who was a Wrangler nut and he had that thing broken into 5 times in one year. It wasn't even in the same place but EVERYWHERE he went it got broken into.
Most of the time they just pushed his window down and unlocked it that way but a few times they cut his top or broke the window.

The bottom line, Jeeps are magnets for thieves.:mad:

Sorry for the confusion I have a 4 door Jeep Grand Cherokee

Yeah, for some reason all Jeep products are magnets for a theif. I owned a Jeep Cherokee Laredo for two weeks before it was stolen. The best part was that I had parked it for 20 minutes in front of the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in NYC.

The dumbest part, is that I intentionally put crap stereo components in that jeep just for this reason. I spent maybe 200$ on a cdplayer, amp and sub/box from walmart. Nothing fancy, just better then the 10 year old stock system. Its gonna cost me more to have the window replaced then to replace the damn stereo.

Sorry to hear that. Just a point of clarification, you can't "rob" a Jeep; only a taking from a person is a robbery. A burglary would be the correct term for your Jeep if it was locked, or a theft if it was unlocked. Again, sorry.

Sorry to hear that. Just a point of clarification, you can't "rob" a Jeep; only a taking from a person is a robbery. A burglary would be the correct term for your Jeep if it was locked, or a theft if it was unlocked. Again, sorry.

LoL, yeah I knew it didn't sound right. Just couldn't figure it out for better terms at the time

Back