sl55

Sl600 does it get the same brakes as SL55 ? stock exhaust as well. suspension.

its crazy to think that Pagani in there Zonda's base there engines on V12 merc engines from 600's from the early 90's. like my old mans S600. haha theres a zonda engine in there.

NSXBOX said:
Sl600 does it get the same brakes as SL55 ? stock exhaust as well. suspension.

its crazy to think that Pagani in there Zonda's base there engines on V12 merc engines from 600's from the early 90's. like my old mans S600. haha theres a zonda engine in there.

Yes, SL600 has the 8 piston calipers of the SL55. The exhaust is different. Suspension is slightly different, mainly in the programming of ABC (Active Body Control).

Allright, not fair Steveny. We both had the NSX and then you talked me into getting the Phaeton. Now you are jumping on me again and getting the sl55? I can't follow you there unless you want to give me a grant. :wink:

Ok. It took me a while to get the dealer where I wanted them to be on my trade but I finally pick this SL55 up tomorrow. Drove my Phaeton for 11 months and made money on the trade in, Len would be proud!:biggrin:

Ok. It took me a while to get the dealer where I wanted them to be on my trade but I finally pick this SL55 up tomorrow. Drove my Phaeton for 11 months and made money on the trade in, Len would be proud!:biggrin:

It took me 10 more years (than you) but it was worth the wait! This car is a beast (the antithesis of the NSX) but hides it weight until you have to constantly clean the brake dust and fill the fuel tank (laws of physics still apply).SL55 top up house.jpg

You're gonna love it. It's not the ballerina the NSX is, more of a linebacker. Amazing vehicle. Let me know if you have any issues with it.

You're gonna love it. It's not the ballerina the NSX is, more of a linebacker. Amazing vehicle. Let me know if you have any issues with it.
I (and the SL55) will be in Ponte Vedra next weekend. Its a brute of a car that hides its weight (until you put gas in and clean the brake dust).
I had an older model SL...so it will take me awhile to regenerate my "contacts" for parts/services.
I got it for a steal so its not perfect. I'd like to get new (cleaner) Xenon headlights...mine are okay but not perfect. I am planning on getting the ABC flushed with a "rodeo" check. Its got 60k miles.

attachment.php

Nice picture even if the perspective makes the front wheels look larger than the rears, or is that some tricky German vehicle dynamics science I've never noticed before? :)

Nice picture even if the perspective makes the front wheels look larger than the rears, or is that some tricky German vehicle dynamics science I've never noticed before? :)
I never noticed that before...must be the iPhone/perspective. 18s front and rear. This car does everything (except allow you to shift when you want)!

Back