She'll be here soon!!!! Suggetsions Wanted!!!

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, been readin what ya'll been postin though. Anyway, it comes with great joy :biggrin: and accomplishment :biggrin: that I will soon have my very own 2000 NSX Red/Tan parked in my garage!!!:biggrin: ....rather pealing rubber around town!! :cool: hehe.

She should be here by Mon or Tuesday....Man I can't wait to see here pull off the dilivery truck just itchin for me to take her out for a spin... Looks like the weather's going to be decent enough too!!

On a side note, which I'll be posting about in the future. Does anyone have any suggetsions on modifications. Right off the bat I'm already thinking about stability bars/intake/air scoops/headers and exhaust. If anyone can give me there detailed response on which brand they think is the best and why, I would be most greatfull. Bonus too if you actually use the products you list. I've breifly checked out SOS and have found some nice items, but is SOS the one stop shop for your NSX or are there better options? Also I've seen some pics of the center glove box that have some kind of metal emblem, what is this and where can I get one?

Already I've seen an air scoop that warns about water penetration, living in Tacoma WA, I feel this is a no no. Again, any and all opinions are welcome... Pics too if you got em.

Thanks Prime Community,
Chris from Tacoma

P.S. Any other NSX owners in the Tacoma area, I've seen two...one red with vented hood and my boss just saw one on 6th ave, Yellow w/crome rims.

Last edited:
Welcome to the NSX ownership.

If you don't want to mess around with the look too much, get new wheels, coilovers or spring, camber correction kit. The metal emblem is stock.I think the 2000 headers are okay already just replace the exhaust muffler. et the T-belt done if not already. S2000 antenna. New radio unit and aftermarket centre console.

Welcome and Grats on the new vehicular mode of transportation. Your nickname want do the cheesing you are going to do justice:) I haven't had mine a month yet and it is awesome cruising around and having Porsche, Vette and a Ferrari here and there breaking there necks as you drive by. Ferrari actually happened to me yesterday.. was awesome. Not to mention all of the souped up civics, vw's, and other cars these kids slap the coffee-can exhausts and stickers all over their rides..

Can't get enough of it.

Welcome and congrats!

Besides SOS, try http://www.daliracing.com/

As for mods, I recommend the SmarTenna (keeps antenna down when using the CD player) and the radiator shield (protects radiator from major damage, easy install).

Ditto on timing belt and water pump, if not already done.

Welcome.

The emblem on the center armrest cover is stock on early model NSX's, so yours will not have it.

For parts you should do searches on here. There are different threads that talk about certain parts/brands and what to expect from them. Before you go off and buy parts I'd recommend living with the car for a couple of weeks or months then figure out what you want to improve on (brakes, suspension, stereo, etc). Don't forget driving school can make you a better driver as well, it's not all about the parts but they do help :)

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, been readin what ya'll been postin though. Anyway, it comes with great joy :biggrin: and accomplishment :biggrin: that I will soon have my very own 2000 NSX Red/Tan parked in my garage!!!:biggrin: ....rather pealing rubber around town!! :cool: hehe.

She should be here by Mon or Tuesday....Man I can't wait to see here pull off the dilivery truck just itchin for me to take her out for a spin... Looks like the weather's going to be decent enough too!!

On a side note, which I'll be posting about in the future. Does anyone have any suggetsions on modifications. Right off the bat I'm already thinking about stability bars/intake/air scoops/headers and exhaust. If anyone can give me there detailed response on which brand they think is the best and why, I would be most greatfull. Bonus too if you actually use the products you list. I've breifly checked out SOS and have found some nice items, but is SOS the one stop shop for your NSX or are there better options? Also I've seen some pics of the center glove box that have some kind of metal emblem, what is this and where can I get one?

Already I've seen an air scoop that warns about water penetration, living in Tacoma WA, I feel this is a no no. Again, any and all opinions are welcome... Pics too if you got em.

Thanks Prime Community,
Chris from Tacoma

P.S. Any other NSX owners in the Tacoma area, I've seen two...one red with vented hood and my boss just saw one on 6th ave, Yellow w/crome rims.

For shop work try http://www.zahntechauto.com/ or John at Lynnwood Acura. You may want to drop a line into the NW forum.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14

There is a shop that works on NSX's just behind South Tacoma Way.

Parts SOS http://www.scienceofspeed.com/ or call them up.

There is one yellow nsx has license NSX-T I saw it in UP several years ago.

Right off the bat I'm already thinking about stability bars/intake/air scoops/headers and exhaust.

Thanks Prime Community,
Chris from Tacoma

Hi Chris from Tacoma. Welcome. Question: Why do you think the NSX you haven't yet taken delivery of needs modification? The approach that changing parts out b/c "modified is better" is something I see w/ lots of other Hondas (Civic, Integra, S2000, etc - though S2000 to a lesser extent).

First - Stability bars - you mean sway bars. Advice: Drive the car first for a few months to see if you really have roll issues that you want to adjust.

Second - intake - you can read about the arguments here on Prime, but you will likely get a 2-3hp increase under real world conditions at peak HP. It's your $300. You decide.

Third - header - aftermarket header won't make much difference on a model year 2000 NSX as far as performance goes. It's your $1500 - $2000. You decide.

Fourth - exhaust - minimial performance gain, but it's a very popular mod to get a nicer sound.

So, don't mod just to mod. Drive your NSX for a few months first and then decide if you want to change anything.

I absolutly agree with driving it for a few weeks/months before doing anything to her and thanks for the verbage correction as I will be learning as I go along. Where near a Tacoma way is that shop?

Good point about the NW section. Might have to move to that post. Any much appreciate all the feedback. Keep it coming.

I absolutly agree with driving it for a few weeks/months before doing anything to her and thanks for the verbage correction as I will be learning as I go along. Where near a Tacoma way is that shop?

Good point about the NW section. Might have to move to that post. Any much appreciate all the feedback. Keep it coming.

Take 56th street going north bound towards south Tacoma way. One block before south Tacoma way take a left (brick bar to your right) go down 1 mile on right hand side. Usually Porsche other sports cars parked outside.
There is see an enterprise rental car on the left, if you see the nissan dealership you have gone to far.

I would try zahntechauto they probably have more experience with NSX than the Tacoma shop.

Haha. That shop is like 3-4 blocks from my office! I just recently rented a car from that enterprise. I should be able to find it.

Does anyone have a good referance for interior work? Specifically redoing the interior color and embroidery. (spelling might be off)

Does anyone have any suggetsions on modifications.
My suggestion is that you leave it alone and live with it as is for 4-6 months. After you have that experience with it, you might have entirely different ideas about what needs modifying than you think you do now, with zero experience. Heck, you might decide not to do anything at all. It's better to wait, and take the time to decide which things really matter to you, rather than doing what someone else might want to do.

If someone else painted his car red and green stripes, would you do that to yours? Probably not. So decide on what, if any, changes you want to make, after you've spent enough time with the car to get to know which areas you're not totally satisfied with. They might not be at all what other people are telling you.

i have;

hks intake w/ais
dc headers
ark st-s exhaust
tein mono flex coilovers

i would highly recommend the ark exhaust, great exhaust note, rather inexpensive and good hp gains, also a very easy install by yourself.

i would also recomened the tein monoflex, i had the flex before on another nsx and i feel the build and function of the mono flex is way better then the flex.

and the hks (or any other) intake is a cheap mod.. does give you some gains but mostly you buy for the sound.... nothing like full throttle and the intake right behind your head wailing "I WANT MORE AIR, and i'm gonna make alot of noise trying to get it"

headers are eh... you can if you want but i didn't see anything from it besides alot of time under the hood installing them ...

Congrats man, Spinners are the way to go. Just kidding, enjoy the best for a minute before you make it your own. Best thing about the car is it's handling, it aint got tons o power (please flame me hehe) A decent set of coilovers like Weedwacker mentioned makes it feel more responsive but i think unless you are pro it may not actually make handling better, but you can always use it to just drop your ride, and lie low on 22"s. I've tried Tein Flex and RA, both seem good with the Flex giving a more street comfort ride, Tire's come into play to. both save some a few lbs stockers weigh a lot.

Back