Shark Bite: Picked up a red 91 NSX

Welcome! I read about your journey home with the GT3RS from Illinois and back to California and loved the story. True car guy thing to do. :)

Enjoy your NSX! It is in good company, and a compliment to the car to share garage space with your other high caliber drivers cars.

Thanks Meeyatch1... That was one helluva trip. I figured since European Delivery wasn't an option we'd do it the 'Merican way. Two guys in a bright blue and orange RS with a big tail and tape everywhere was probably scary to some folks through the mid-west but hey....

For those that want to see how to break in a 2011 GT3RS here's the story lol:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/techn...tour-with-a-new-zany-colored-2011-gt3-rs.html

sharkwerks_porsche_2011_997_Gt3rs_project_car_american_road_trip_isringhausen_exhaust_evomsit_tuning.jpg

sharkwerks_porsche_2011_997_Gt3rs_project_car_american_road_trip_isringhausen_exhaust_evomsit_tuning_12.JPG

Thanks for the warm welcome and I'm hoping I can get the other guys here hooked on the NSX. I think I'm close to converting my co-pilot on that trip (he's a big Honda fan and has had the S2K, Insight etc...).

Congrats on the car! Wow its going to look almost like mine. I have the pride v2 with the same wheels and same year and colour !
Nice choices!
You will love the pride it's great
Enjoy
Eddy

Hi Eddy, thanks and I've always loved that red/black set up;) Can't wait to get that exhaust on. Seriously sounds epic!

I know Alex, aka Sharky, from another forum, awhile back. His reputation in the Porsche community is second to none. Maybe we'll have a "sharwerks" exhaust for the NSX community soon!!!!:wink:

Aw thanks man very kind... And no I'm just one of the guys and it seems like the exhausts (Pride etc..) are stellar so I'm going to enjoy that!

About to buy a Sharkwerks exhaust for my 2010 GT3 and I find them here just as I'm thinking about getting into another NSX. Nice find!

Last edited:
Welcome! Always follow you guys on 6speed and you guys are def top-notch. That gt3rs is the deal. Can't wait to see the NSX build up. Enjoy :biggrin:

Welcome! Always follow you guys on 6speed and you guys are def top-notch. That gt3rs is the deal. Can't wait to see the NSX build up. Enjoy :biggrin:
Aw thanks!:) Lovin' the NSX and glad to be part of this place now vs. just a lurker!
About to buy a Sharkwerks exhaust for my 2010 GT3 and I find them here just as I'm thinking about getting into another NSX. Nice find!
That's too funny! Enjoy that GT3. Keep the sport button on at all times....
Welcome Alex, and congrats on the 91 nice meeting you last week need any help give me a call...Bill
Thanks Bill it was great to meet you too. Was fun seeing three reds together... I'm really enjoying the car now. Had a fun run tonight and took the long way home. Ended up doing a bunch more stuff this week (more on that below).
What a fun road trip! I recently drove my current NSX 1200 miles to get her home, and it was an unforgettable experience. I'm so glad I didn't take the shipping route!
Way to go... I'm not a big fan of garage queen cars vs actually enjoying them. They're meant to be driven;)

Couldn't resist a few more Science of Speed parts... The front brace was easy to install. There's a second one requiring the front bumper come off so I'll save it for later:
sharkwerks_nsx_build_3_02.JPG

With the car lowered I went with 25mm rear spacers:
sharkwerks_nsx_build_3_13.JPG

Next up was replacing the stock exhaust. Yes this should have been easy...
sharkwerks_nsx_build_3_03.JPG

Unfortunately all the heating up, rost-off/liquid wrench didn't save a couple of those rusty nuts/studs from breaking. Nevertheless it sure was worth saving another 25 pounds and replacing it with this, the Pride V2 exhaust:
sharkwerks_nsx_build_3_07.JPG

With the Ti tip option:
sharkwerks_nsx_build_3_11.JPG

I have to say this is exhaust is exactly what I wanted for a daily driver. It's not too loud, the sound inside is just right (without any drone), meanwhile with the windows down or from the outside the sound is very exotic. I've done lot's of Tubis on Ferraris, GT3s etc... and this is right up there. Plus Mark was superb to deal with. Everything came quickly and I just love the design with the bullet-style mini mufflers and alternative flow/pipes. It's very well crafted and fits like stock. Well done. It sounds brilliant and if anyone wants to hear it in the Norcal area I'll gladly demo it. It's a great tone and I'm sure if you want to turn the volume up further you can run some freer flowing gear ahead of it. For me this is perfect.

The other thing I couldn't resist was a few more ponies from Brian's tune @ Prospeed (the RDX injectors are next I'm sure). I'm really impressed with the tune and exhaust. The car certainly got quicker on my fun-run tonight... and it's noticeable which is hard to achieve on an NA car without e-gas. Again another great guy to deal with. +1.

The car is so addicting as is this tweaking stuff. I'll add the SoS air intake scoop this weekend but more important is the brake master cylinder. The pedal feels very soft/mushy indeed....

Added the SoS scoop and a few other bits and went for my first canyon drive with a friend and a modded Cayman R. 21 years old the NSX may be but so poised/settled.... Other than the brakes the car kept up just great:)

Attachments

• 295026_3667507096002_1524554192_33198864_1233216582_n.jpg
    295026_3667507096002_1524554192_33198864_1233216582_n.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 463
Did the easy intake scoop replacement from SoS. Fits perfectly and enjoying the extra intake growl...
sharkwerks_nsx_build_4.JPG

BTW it's pretty simple to NOT break those fender pull/tab things... Just push the pin in _first_ then they'll come out without breaking;)

Welcome to the NSX family.

Sadly I must admit, I have your website saved in my favorites and stalk it.
Im on the hunt for a 911 Turbo or GT3:redface: Loved the Isringhausen story:wink:

Welcome to the community!

Been a member since 07, sold the NSX in 09, and probably won't have another until 2014 (hopefully a Japanese model), but the community is what makes me come back. I've made many a friend here over the years.

Happy motoring.

Welcome to the NSX family.

Sadly I must admit, I have your website saved in my favorites and stalk it.
Im on the hunt for a 911 Turbo or GT3:redface: Loved the Isringhausen story:wink:

Thanks!:) If I can ever help let me know... GT3 is the way to go tho!

Welcome to the community!

Been a member since 07, sold the NSX in 09, and probably won't have another until 2014 (hopefully a Japanese model), but the community is what makes me come back. I've made many a friend here over the years.

Happy motoring.

Thanks for the warm welcome! It'll be interesting to see what the new one is like... I swear the NSX is fast-becoming my favorite daily driver for some time;) The community here has been so helpful/awesome already to a n00b like me.

Heh.. just ordered more SoS parts last night. Dammit!

Added the NSX type R thicker front sway bar. I was going to pull the bumper off to do the chassis bar up front as well but I'll try this weekend:redface: That front bar in stock form sure is dinky!

Very cool that another Porsche enthusiast is playing with NSX's!

I've had 3 NSX's and now onto my second 911 but this time a 993 C4S (sold my 06 Carrera) and I must say both cars should be in everyone's garage. I love them both and clearly you do to.

Have fun!

I'm no expert on Porsches, but I've been told that if you don't track a GT3 you are really wasting it. So if somebody doesn't track, is 911TT a better option for the street?

Thanks and it seems to be! Had a couple of fun canyon drives so far but it'll be my daily driver. So nice to just drive anywhere really.

Great find and hope you keep it 'looking' OEM on the outside ...

Are there any plans for the NSX to become a test bed for simliar chassis upgrades that you offer on the GT3's?

Welcome and enjoy from back in the UK

regards, Paul

Very cool that another Porsche enthusiast is playing with NSX's!

I've had 3 NSX's and now onto my second 911 but this time a 993 C4S (sold my 06 Carrera) and I must say both cars should be in everyone's garage. I love them both and clearly you do to.

Have fun!
Thanks for the warm welcome and indeed I just love cars that have a soul and are real driver's cars... the NSX has oodles of that! Nice on the the 911s too. You'll really like the GT3 if you like the NSX....
Shark, excellent quality pictures of your car can be seen here:

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=403690

Ah thanks! There's a nice article with pix of it here:
http://www.europeancarweb.com/featuredcars/epcp_1205_shark_werks_gt3/index.html

I've got some more here and videos:

I'm no expert on Porsches, but I've been told that if you don't track a GT3 you are really wasting it. So if somebody doesn't track, is 911TT a better option for the street?

I love the GT3 and indeed on any road or track it's such a fun and visceral experience. The TT is more of an autobahn/straight line express train if you know what I mean?

Great find and hope you keep it 'looking' OEM on the outside ...

Are there any plans for the NSX to become a test bed for simliar chassis upgrades that you offer on the GT3's?

Welcome and enjoy from back in the UK

regards, Paul
Thanks Paul and indeed I love the way it looks from the outside in terms of the red/black so no big wings, sides or flashy wheels... I'm sticking with it the way she is on the outside. On the inside I'll keep doing a few things here and there...

On went the NSX-R front sway bar yesterday:)

sway.jpg

Back