SGV / AU79 November Meet

Will do my best to make it out!! I'll try to stop by before I head to Lake Henderson with the family to celebrate my birthday.

Great! Can't wait to see your new goodies.

Regan, can't wait to show them of.:biggrin:
I think I read somewhere that you were interested in a audio system. One of my "goodies" is a complete audio system. You got to check it out.

Regan, can't wait to show them of.:biggrin:
I think I read somewhere that you were interested in a audio system. One of my "goodies" is a complete audio system. You got to check it out.

Okay... what'd you get? :biggrin: (photos, please!)

Can't wait to check it out since I'm consideing a 2-DIN upgrade. :wink:

2006 xB
2002 NSX

Okay... what'd you get? :biggrin: (photos, please!)

Can't wait to check it out since I'm consideing a 2-DIN upgrade. :wink:

2006 xB
2002 NSX

Hi Steve,

I put in a complete audio system. Installed was the Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT Double Din Nav/Receiver, Zetoolman custom sub, amp, replaced speakers, back-up camera and Viper 5901 two way alarm. I am happy with the outcome, including the quality of the installation, which was my biggest concern.

Here are some pics taken with my phone.

Attachments

• IMG_0564.jpg
    IMG_0564.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0565.jpg
    IMG_0565.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0566.jpg
    IMG_0566.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Hi Steve,

I put in a complete audio system. Installed was the Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT Double Din Nav/Receiver, Zetoolman custom sub, amp, replaced speakers, back-up camera and Viper 5901 two way alarm. I am happy with the outcome, including the quality of the installation, which was my biggest concern.

Here are some pics taken with my phone.

Very nice.

What center console is that?

Did you have to modify the ash tray door to clear?

2006 xB
2002 NSX

hopefully i'm not stealing any of JC's thunder but those were the questions I asked him during the last meet.

1. Center dash trim/console is OEM refabricated. It's the original OEM piece with (i think) fiberglass & filler work. It was color matched as best as possible during the respray which I think was pretty darn good.

2. The backup cam was mounted in place of the rear bonnet keyhole. Probably not an original idea but it was cleanly done. I guess you still have an electronic trunk release as backup. My only concern is what happens when your battery dies and you need to get to the trunk? Minor concern probably...

(must resist doing my A/V system... :biggrin:)

Steve - maybe JC will post a pic of the rear view camera location ;)

The rear view camera was installed in the trunk keyhole. Unless I told you or you look at it closely it would be very hard to notice it. Fortunately with the Viper alarm that was installed I can open the trunk with the remote.

Unfortunately I don't have pictures to show.

BTW, Steve to answer your question on the console, the console is the stock console. Mike from MV Designz did the entire installation and the quality of his work was very impressive. The ashtray was shaved slightly but it is completely functional. The entire install looks impressive and maintains a stock look.

My only concern is what happens when your battery dies and you need to get to the trunk? Minor concern probably...

(must resist doing my A/V system... :biggrin:)

Regan, that was my concern initially but Mike took care of that issue also. The keyhole lock was relocated to a small location on the top left corner around the rear license plate. Again, hard to notice it but strategically placed and functional too.

:tongue: Yes you should resist doing a complete A/V system. Just buy my OEM Bose system. :biggrin::tongue:

Regan, that was my concern initially but Mike took care of that issue also. The keyhole lock was relocated to a small location on the top left corner around the rear license plate. Again, hard to notice it but strategically placed and functional too.

:tongue: Yes you should resist doing a complete A/V system. Just buy my OEM Bose system. :biggrin::tongue:
dude! that's right.. you did show me the relocation of the key lock assembly. again.. very nicely done...

no, i can't buy your bose because now i'm on the fence about a whole system redo again! haha

dude! that's right.. you did show me the relocation of the key lock assembly. again.. very nicely done...

no, i can't buy your bose because now i'm on the fence about a whole system redo again! haha

I hear you my friend! My stock Bose stereo was working fine but I needed some of the extra features that the new set up offers, not to mention the quality of the system now. Sweeeet.

Oh NO! I have a reverse cam in my keyhole as well but didn't think about if the power dies....uh oh:frown:

Very clever camera in the keyhole:biggrin:! Did they drill a hole to relocate the keyhole lock???

Oh NO! I have a reverse cam in my keyhole as well but didn't think about if the power dies....uh oh:frown:
Although the way Mike did JC's is a clean way of doing it (hard to explain.. you have to see it) I can think of a couple of ways to address this issue. One of them being to run a emergency cable release and secure it somewhere inside the rear bumper. You're the only one that knows it's there anyway. I haven't dug around back there yet so i'm not sure exactly where to pass it thru but hopefully it's nothing you need to drill a hole for.

I guess this tread went way off topic! :)

so who's up for another SGV meet?

Regan,

The next meet I can show you how I set my mines up if your interested...I'm up for another meet. Set it up!!!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89905

Sorry JC, hope I'm not stealing your thunder here:wink:.

Although the way Mike did JC's is a clean way of doing it (hard to explain.. you have to see it) I can think of a couple of ways to address this issue. One of them being to run a emergency cable release and secure it somewhere inside the rear bumper. You're the only one that knows it's there anyway. I haven't dug around back there yet so i'm not sure exactly where to pass it thru but hopefully it's nothing you need to drill a hole for.

I guess this tread went way off topic! :)

so who's up for another SGV meet?

Last edited:
Regan,

Your avatar picture was taken on that parking structure across from the medical center off Atlantic in the alley. Was there a reason why you took a picture there or just a random shot? By the way I like your wheels!!!

Regan,

Your avatar picture was taken on that parking structure across from the medical center off Atlantic in the alley. Was there a reason why you took a picture there or just a random shot? By the way I like your wheels!!!
dude.. really good catch on your part. i would have never picked that out normally from the small avatar pic.

So since you ask one of the things I do is run a Medical teaching facility. I have a location in that building.

Back