Senna Edition?

TURBO2GO said:
Holy cra*p! take it easy with the coffee dude... :wink: do you not see the big GRIN after "who is Senna"? I was joking bro, I know who A.S. is.

If that makes the owner of the car happy, thats cool with me. Its certainly a conversation piece. Good to know we have some passionate people on the forum.

I'm thinking of buying an Aston V8 and having Pierce Brosnan drive it for a few. hehe

I'm easily entertained!!!

You can talk s..t and put a big :biggrin: afterwards and pretend it's ok, but it is really not:biggrin:

So here it is, you're a freakin idiot!!!:biggrin:

Oh, I'm joking?:biggrin:

Or am I?:biggrin:

Vancehu said:
I'm easily entertained!!!

You can talk s..t and put a big :biggrin: afterwards and pretend it's ok, but it is really not:biggrin:

So here it is, you're a freakin idiot!!!:biggrin:

Oh, I'm joking?:biggrin:

Or am I?:biggrin:

Not really sure... but at the very least I would say you have some issues.

UnhuZ said:
the 2 he had here....were chassi number #001 and #002 and the new owner of one of them didn't change the registration so he can keep the Senna name on it...

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Seen any of these for sale? Are they very highly priced?

Thanks

redshift said:
Owning Senna's NSX would be more analogous to owning a pair of the original Air Jordan's that were given to Michael on their first run. Objects that are meaningful to you may not be meaningful to somebody else and visa versa. Why do you want to own a sports car in the first place?... there must be some perceivable value to you in the experience.

I guess what I meant to say is that I didn't see the value in a car that Senna test drove for a period. That's what the original post said. Its cool, its something kinda neat, but hard to verify and probably one of many cars he spent time in. Just not that big of a deal in my opinion although I am in no way trying to knock exaggerate's enthusisam to know for sure.

Owning Senna's personal car would be a different story. Its a piece of history in a way so your analogy with Jordan's shoe would apply here, I agree with you completely.

TURBO2GO said:
Not really sure... but at the very least I would say you have some issues.
Do I?:biggrin:
Maybe with you:biggrin:
Not really:biggrin:
Really:biggrin:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

|Adeel said:
Stiff price...?? Maybe I should make mine a Senna-edition and sell it for 23.000 $/ 150.000 kr. over the average :p

Hi

Well the car is not sold until the bear is dead or something. :)

He will sell if he gets what he wants.

I am glad to see that the add has been changed. It is now a 91 model first registred in 95. It does not have 2 airbags anymore.

Still a "Senna editon" though eventhough I have told him that there are no such thing as a "Senna edition".

I am happy that he changed the add after I mailed him.

Regards

Vancehu said:
Do I?:biggrin:
Maybe with you:biggrin:
Not really:biggrin:
Really:biggrin:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Okey..go to your room now

And you too!..and wipe that grin of you face....you know you misbehave too..so get going :)

Don't come back until you both can behave :wink:

Turbo2go has already reached out so shake his hand now or I will be forced to call our inhouse cleaner :tongue:

Regards

well done Martin

AC

martin said:
Hi

Well the car is not sold until the bear is dead or something. :)

He will sell if he gets what he wants.

I am glad to see that the add has been changed. It is now a 91 model first registred in 95. It does not have 2 airbags anymore.

Still a "Senna editon" though eventhough I have told him that there are no such thing as a "Senna edition".

I am happy that he changed the add after I mailed him.

Regards

Martin where did you get that car cover from?

I thought 001 was never sold to anyone and it is at the NSx factory on display outside just sitting there, with rusted rotors.

Type-SR said:
I thought 001 was never sold to anyone and it is at the NSx factory on display outside just sitting there, with rusted rotors.

Who told you that?

The only NSXs Honda kept is a 94 Type R, and 05 LHD NSX T. At least that's what they have in their museum. world.honda.com

heard the same somewhere, don't remember where.. :confused: maybe somewhere that talked about 91 production numbers...

Type-SR said:

ok now, who is charlie sheen ?? :biggrin:

J/K REALLY J/K

evof575gtc said:
i was almost the owner of charlie sheen's NSX, but someone beat me to it. he's just as cool as senna, dont you think?

honestly, NOT as cool as A.Senna

AC

All right, I’m going to tell a story and many will tell me I'm full of shit. It is truly a life altering experience and I can never forget that particular event. I used to tell the story to people, but as time goes by, even my self started to forget.

I graduated from HS in 1990. Between 1988 to 1991 - I used to videotape all the F1 races for my buddy off ESPN. The sport was new to me and I got really into the sport in late 1988 season, when Honda was really kicking ass all over the track. It was a fascinating experience, almost religious.

My friend Sean offered me a trip to Phoenix AZ. to see the 1990 US GP. I didn’t know what to expect, I have never been to a car race, in fact, I have never even been to a live sports event. All I know is, I “might” see my favorite racers such as Senna, Berger, Prost, Piquet, Mansell, etc. Of course I’m a fan of Senna because he is driving for Honda. I own a 1989 Prelude during that period; the NSX was my dream car. I collected many Japanese magazine photos of Senna testing the NSX between 1988 to 1989. The plan was to attend the practice and qualifying session only. We didn’t want to fight the traffic during race day.

I was a artist wanna be right out of high school. I was really good at making animation cels. Many Anime fans who attended Anime Expo 1991 and 92 will probably remember my work at the art show. A week before the Phoenix race, I replicated a picture of Senna’s MP4/4 McLaren Honda car, I used a picture from a Marlboro F1 Calendar I got while visiting Europe, and I turn it into a Animation cel; of course the driver` in the picture was the flying Brazilian. The picture is about 12x18 framed. I took it to the race with me.

We got there really early on Friday morning, and we park really closed to the racing area. It was a street circuit and we had access to many part of the racing tracks. There were no security on Friday, and surprisingly, very few spectators. It was a fascinating event, just to listen to the engines of the car drove by. We actually get to walk around the pit area with out any hassle - I remember my friend was telling me how big of a joke the security was that day. We took some close photo shots of the cars, and we saw many of my favorite drivers.

Once the practice session ended, we started to walk towards my friend’s car. Location of our car was actually very close to the pit garage. The session ended for about 20 minutes, and on our way back, we ran into Ayrton Senna at the exit gate. We said hi to him, and he did the same. I wanted to get his autograph, but I didn’t have any thing worth of autographed. After about ten steps away, I turn around and yelled “Hey Senna,” he turns around and gives me a weird look. I than walked back towards him and told him about a picture I have of him, and I wanted him to see it. Surprisingly, he said, “sure, where is it?” I ask him if he can wait for few minutes, he replied, “I have a meeting to attend, my engineer wants to have a meeting.” I said, “please, just five minutes,” and he reply, “OK, but don’t waste my time.” I ran to the car, came back within few minutes and show him the cel painting. He looked at it and said to me, “this is a nice picture, where did you get it? I have never seen it published” I told him, it was one of my painting, and he was my hero. He didn’t say much after that, and there was a moment of silence. Somehow I handed the picture to him and told him it’s he’s. He didn’t want to accept it, but I told him I insist. He didn’t say thanks, but I didn’t expect one either. We shook hand and walked away from each other. About ten or so feet later, I heard him calling me. “Hey, you there, come over here.” I didn’t know what to expect when I walked towards him…. That was probably the greatest moment ever in my life, as if I won the lottery. He put something in my hand and said, "here, a nice trade for your painting." It was beyond my comprehension. It was his freakin Tag Heuer watch, a Sports Elegance model, chronograph, gold plated, leather strap…. I was excited, but shocked. I told him that’s too much for trade, and there is no reason for him to do that…. He smiled and said, “I like your picture, it’s nice. The watch is free for me, I’ll just get more from Heuer.” He shook my hand and walked towards McLaren motor home without turning his head.

Yesterday, I open my drawer to find my Rolex, and I saw the Tag sitting next to it… I forgot I had it, well, I shouldn’t say that, I didn’t forget, but the watch was sitting in there for the last two years, with a dead battery…

Dude, how luck of a guy can I be… I wish he were still alive, gives me incentive to go to the races, perhaps I could look for him and see if he remember the little encounter…. However, that was the only F1 even I have ever attended…

An unforgivable event... Once a while my buddy still ask me if I want to sell the watch... I told him, it's going no where... except staing on my rist, or sitting in my drawer!

Last edited:
Vancehu said:
All right, I’m going to tell a story and many will tell me I'm full of shit. It is truly a life altering experience and I can never forget that particular event. I used to tell the story to people, but as time goes by, even my self started to forget.

I graduated from HS in 1990. Between 1988 to 1991 - I used to videotape all the F1 races for my buddy off ESPN. The sport was new to me and I got really into the sport in late 1988 season, when Honda was really kicking ass all over the track. It was a fascinating experience, almost religious.

My friend Sean offered me a trip to Phoenix AZ. to see the 1991 US GP. I didn’t know what to expect, I have never been to a car race, in fact, I have never even been to a live sports event. All I know is, I “might” see my favorite racers such as Senna, Berger, Prost, Piquet, Mansell, etc. Of course I’m a fan of Senna because he is driving for Honda. I own a 1989 Prelude during that period; the NSX was my dream car. I collected many Japanese magazine photos of Senna testing the NSX between 1988 to 1989. The plan was to attend the practice and qualifying session only. We didn’t want to fight the traffic during race day.

I was a artist wanna be right out of high school. I was really good at making animation cels. Many Anime fans who attended Anime Expo 1991 and 92 will probably remember my work at the art show. A week before the Phoenix race, I replicated a picture of Senna’s MP4/4 McLaren Honda car, I used a picture from a Marlboro F1 Calendar I got while visiting Europe, and I turn it into a Animation cel; of course the driver` in the picture was the flying Brazilian. The picture is about 12x18 framed. I took it to the race with me.

We got there really early on Friday morning, and we park really closed to the racing area. It was a street circuit and we had access to many part of the racing tracks. There were no security on Friday, and surprisingly, very few spectators. It was a fascinating event, just to listen to the engines of the car drove by. We actually get to walk around the pit area with out any hassle - I remember my friend was telling me how big of a joke the security was that day. We took some close photo shots of the cars, and we saw many of my favorite drivers.

Once the practice session ended, we started to walk towards my friend’s car. Location of our car was actually very close to the pit garage. The session ended for about 20 minutes, and on our way back, we ran into Ayrton Senna at the exit gate. We said hi to him, and he did the same. I wanted to get his autograph, but I didn’t have any thing worth of autographed. After about ten steps away, I turn around and yelled “Hey Senna,” he turns around and gives me a weird look. I than walked back towards him and told him about a picture I have of him, and I wanted him to see it. Surprisingly, he said, “sure, where is it?” I ask him if he can wait for few minutes, he replied, “I have a meeting to attend, my engineer wants to have a meeting.” I said, “please, just five minutes,” and he reply, “OK, but don’t waste my time.” I ran to the car, came back within few minutes and show him the cel painting. He looked at it and said to me, “this is a nice picture, where did you get it? I have never seen it published” I told him, it was one of my painting, and he was my hero. He didn’t say much after that, and there was a moment of silence. Somehow I handed the picture to him and told him it’s he’s. He didn’t want to accept it, but I told him I insist. He didn’t say thanks, but I didn’t expect one either. We shook hand and walked away from each other. About ten or so feet later, I heard him calling me. “Hey, you there, come over here.” I didn’t know what to expect when I walked towards him…. That was probably the greatest moment ever in my life, as if I won the lottery. He put something in my hand and said, "here, a nice trade for your painting." It was beyond my comprehension. It was his freakin Tag Heuer watch, a Sports Elegance model, chronograph, gold plated, leather strap…. I was excited, but shocked. I told him that’s too much for trade, and there is no reason for him to do that…. He smiled and said, “I like your picture, it’s nice. The watch is free for me, I’ll just get more from Heuer.” He shook my hand and walked towards McLaren motor home without turning his head.

Yesterday, I open my drawer to find my Rolex, and I saw the Tag sitting next to it… I forgot I had it, well, I shouldn’t say that, I didn’t forget, but the watch was sitting in there for the last two years, with a dead battery…

Dude, how luck of a guy can I be… I wish he were still alive, gives me incentive to go to the races, perhaps I could look for him and see if he remember the little encounter…. However, that was the only F1 even I have ever attended…

An unforgivable event... Once a while my buddy still ask me if I want to sell the watch... I told him, it's going no where... except staing on my rist, or sitting in my drawer!

you should of got a picture taken with him. im not doubting your story but if you can prove the Tag is from Senna himself, that'll be a nice little collector's item and can be worth some big buckaroos. nice story, your a lucky guy.

Vancehu said:

OK your rather extreme reaction makes more sense to me now. I was not insulting Senna who is one of your heros. I was trying to say the car isn't worth more if it was just one of many cars he test drove. If there is value, that is personal.

Anyway I hope there are no hard feelings. Thats a nice story. I'd definitely value that watch as well.

Vancehu said:
All right, I’m going to tell a story and many will tell me I'm full of shit.

Hi

Maybe or maybe not. Reading it made it go cold down my spine. Great story!

So how much for the Tag then? :)

One day I will buy a Tag&Heuer Senna Editon.

Regards

martin said:
Hi

Maybe or maybe not. Reading it made it go cold down my spine. Great story!

So how much for the Tag then? :)

One day I will buy a Tag&Heuer Senna Editon.

Regards

I didn't know there was a Tag Heuer Senna ed.!!

A Google search came up with this: http://cgi.ebay.ch/Tag-Heuer-Ayrton...itemZ8920236856QQcategoryZ12274QQcmdZViewItem

It says the watches were a limited edition of 4000 watches.
Made in 2004?
It weighs 188 grams.
New price was 2.650 Euros

Nice, very nice :) martin you have great taste :D

|Adeel said:
I didn't know there was a Tag Heuer Senna ed.!!

Nice, very nice :) martin you have great taste :D

Hi

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25720&highlight=heuer

I am not the only one with great taste here. You will find the Senna Tag there too. No point to Google as long as you have Prime search you know :)

They are made in limited numbers. Production is not ended, but the last batch was in 2004 I think.

Regards

That is without question one of the coolest f*cking stories I've ever heard in my life. I wonder if that cell is in some racing or Senna muesum somewhere, next to a plaque that says "Artist Unknown".

Back