Senna Edition?

I guys,
I have met the old owner of my NSX, he has told me a thing I do not understand, perhaps you hear about. I have the numbered door side panel, he has told me that this is a special version (100 models) tried expressly by Senna! He seems strange to me, because on the door side panel there is also written 468, but perhaps it is true. Do you know not at all?
Sorry for the English :redface: ,and tanks.

attachment.php

Your friend may very well be correct. And he may very well be incorrect. As far as I know, there is no history of there being "Senna" specific vehicles in existence. But that doesn't mean that there isn't. I'd do some research to determine the truth. You may have to dig deep though...

If it's true, it'd be quite a selling point.

Mystery

There was at least one "Senna Edition" NSX in Europe. However, it appeared to be just a regular NSX that was outfitted with different leather trim and some stickers by a dealer or owner. So, the consensus was there is no real Senna edition. See NSX Senna edition?. Is your NSX the one mentioned here?

However, a Senna edition is mentioned in A Winning Adventure: Honda's Decade in Cart Racing. See Senna Edition. As far as I know, a Senna edition is not mentioned in any other book or brochure.

All NSXs have the numbered plate, but not the white lettering (stickers?) you have above it.

There was a yellow one at Spa with Senna logo's etc on the rear pillar.

Re: Mystery

Ojas said:
However, a Senna edition is mentioned in A Winning Adventure: Honda's Decade in Cart Racing. See Senna Edition. As far as I know, a Senna edition is not mentioned in any other book or brochure.

All NSXs have the numbered plate, but not the white lettering (stickers?) you have above it.

It'd be interesting to track down the specific VIN numbers of these "Senna" cars to really determine their history. I'd think that if this version of the NSX were a reality that Honda would have gone crazy with marketing it. Or maybe Senna's family had something to do with that...

Shumdit said:
I think it was a dealer creation in Europe.

There is no Honda Factory "Senna Edition," I know that for sure. Few years ago I e-mail some dealerships in Europe when I was looking into buying an NSX, and I thought it will be cool if I can just buy the "edition" emblem, none of dealers from England, Switzerland, and France, none of them have heard of it.

Hmm...the seats look interesting--could be stock, but...

those wheels are in no way a Honda product. If it's indeed a very special "Senna" edition, possibly only a couple in existence why would one ever change the wheels? Or at least include the original wheels with the sale?

The emblem on the armrest exposes it as a 91-92.

It's bogus.

G

My research conluded with this:

Honda never offered Senna Edition NSX. The only true "Senna Edition" NSX was the one he owned back in the early 90's when he lived in Monaco, which was later sold to some one in Portugal.

Vancehu said:
My research conluded with this:

Honda never offered Senna Edition NSX. The only true "Senna Edition" NSX was the one he owned back in the early 90's when he lived in Monaco, which was later sold to some one in Portugal.

Must be this one...I can't see Senna washing anyone else's car!!

Attachments

• senna washing NSX.jpg
    senna washing NSX.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 429
Hi

I sent them another mail. I sent them one in 2003 that I never got any reply to.

It pis*** me off when they say in their add that it has 2 airbags. That it is a 2000 model which was first registred in 95 (?). And ofcourse that they try to sell it as a "Senna edition" which does not exist.

I will let you know if they give me a reply this time. I am glad that it did not sell back in 2003 because I would have hated to see anyone being fooled by false advertisment like this.

Regards

Hi

Got a reply from the dealer:

Translated from norwegian (in a hurry)

"Hi

"Senna editon" is a special variant from Honda. It has more horsepower than standard, eventhough it does not say so in the papers. It also has black seats with red inserts and red doors. It also had for safetys sake red window washer blades

The car is a -01 model registred for the first time 09.95."

I sent him a mail where I pointed out that this NSX is a 91 model. It does not have powersteering. It does not have any more power than normal. It does not have two airbags. It is not a "Senna edition" eventhoug it got a nice sticker on it. The seats are the OEM's but with red inserts that are not that nice looking compared to how they are supposed to look.

I also told him as a owner of a NSX I would appriciate that he changes the ad so nobody is mislead because of all the errors in the ad.

When I read his reply to me it seems clear that he either does not know anything about NSX'es of tried to BS me. It makes me mad whatever the reason is.

Regards

Vancehu said:
There is no Honda Factory "Senna Edition," I know that for sure. Few years ago I e-mail some dealerships in Europe when I was looking into buying an NSX, and I thought it will be cool if I can just buy the "edition" emblem, none of dealers from England, Switzerland, and France, none of them have heard of it.

You could always buy a Toyota "Sienna" badge and chop the "i" out of it.

Senna owned some Honda dealerships in Brazil. AUDI decided to go its own in Brazil , after an eleven-year partnership with the company founded by the late three-time F1 world champion Ayrton Senna, AUDI SENNA Ltda.

Hi dudes...

I live in Portugal.... i also have a NSX ... a 97 red one...

If Senna had a NSX in monaco and sold it to Portugal, it would be a import...but he had the very firsts NSX's...

Here in Portugal he had 2, national licensed, one Black and one Red...both 100% stock..

the 2 he had here....were chassi number #001 and #002 and the new owner of one of them didn't change the registration so he can keep the Senna name on it...

Senna had 2 houses here...one in Sintra, near the Estoril F1 circuit, where it was common to see both NSX's.... and on in Algarve.

In the Senna DVD tribute that was sold here in Portugal, shows he driving his Red one in Paddock at Estoril, with the Portuguese License plate (black with white numbers and letters)...

I'll try to photograph one of them (don't know if it is the red or the black). It's difficult, but let's see...

PS - Sorry you guys, but i forgot all about my D2 coilover review..i'll try to post pictures and a complete review within a week or so (with my modest opinion).

thanks Nuno for the info.

yeez, not any NSX, but #001 and #002 :eek:

lucky guy who owns Senna's car :mad:

AC

UnhuZ said:
the 2 he had here....were chassi number #001 and #002 and the new owner of one of them didn't change the registration so he can keep the Senna name on it...

Who is Senna? :biggrin:

Really man does it matter that much? He is just another guy that owned the car. He is a very good driver and the car is probably driven hard if it was his. But does it make a difference to you knowing Senna's ass sat in that seat or someone else's?

I drove around Michael Jordan's Ferrari Testarossa for a bit. Everyone thought it was so cool that it was Michael's Ferrari. I just didn't get it. Its not like he was sitting in the passenger seat.

TURBO2GO said:

Really man does it matter that much? He is just another guy that owned the car. He is a very good driver and the car is probably driven hard if it was his. But does it make a difference to you knowing Senna's ass sat in that seat or someone else's?

I drove around Michael Jordan's Ferrari Testarossa for a bit. Everyone thought it was so cool that it was Michael's Ferrari. I just didn't get it. Its not like he was sitting in the passenger seat.
Owning Senna's NSX would be more analogous to owning a pair of the original Air Jordan's that were given to Michael on their first run. Objects that are meaningful to you may not be meaningful to somebody else and visa versa. Why do you want to own a sports car in the first place?... there must be some perceivable value to you in the experience.

As Redshift said, its how you perceive the experience.

True is "just" that Senna's ass sat on the car and probably he drove it hard, but I feel proud to own the great car the NSX is partly b/c Senna's input made it better. i even plan to place a front plate with Senna logo.

just my feelings

AC

TURBO2GO said:

Who is Senna, obvously you have no clue what NSX is all about. It's like owning the World Series winning Home Run Baseball from your all time favorite Player.

Senna was the greatest race car driver ever lived, and he helped developed the NSX's suspension/chassis tunning while winning three F1 world titles in 4 years with Honda. With all that imput, he love the car so much that he drove it as his daily driver, until his untimely death. In a way, NSX is Senna's car to own "Senna's" NSX is like owning the biggest piece of NSX history. Greatest car ever built owning by the greatest race drive, EVER, who helped developed the Greatest car ever built!!!

To me, owning any of the cars involved Senna is like winning the jackpot, whether it's his NSX, or one of his F1 machine.

Dude, just for asking that dumb question, you shouldn't be on this forum!!!

Vancehu said:
Who is Senna, obvously you have no clue what NSX is all about. It's like owning the World Series winning Home Run Baseball from your all time favorite Player.

Senna was the greatest race car driver ever lived, and he helped developed the NSX's suspension/chassis tunning while winning three F1 world titles in 4 years with Honda. With all that imput, he love the car so much that he drove it as his daily driver, until his untimely death. In a way, NSX is Senna's car to own "Senna's" NSX is like owning the biggest piece of NSX history. Greatest car ever built owning by the greatest race drive, EVER, who helped developed the Greatest car ever built!!!

To me, owning any of the cars involved Senna is like winning the jackpot, whether it's his NSX, or one of his F1 machine.

Dude, just for asking that dumb question, you shouldn't be on this forum!!!

Holy cra*p! take it easy with the coffee dude... :wink: do you not see the big GRIN after "who is Senna"? I was joking bro, I know who A.S. is.

If that makes the owner of the car happy, thats cool with me. Its certainly a conversation piece. Good to know we have some passionate people on the forum.

I'm thinking of buying an Aston V8 and having Pierce Brosnan drive it for a few. hehe

Back