Sassafraz (not really NSX related)

It is not one of our better restaurants, but its nice and its location is awesome. Id suggest it would be best at lunch on a weekend when you can sit on the patio and enjoy all the beasts that drive by.

Most people who are into restaurants would probably suggest you skip it. I kinda like it tho.

fifrules said:
Thanks for the help. :smile:

Everyone has an opinion...

For highest price but best "value" for high price, I'd choose North 44 although one of the more expensive places in Toronto, the quality is consitantly excellent.

If you are in town and want experience the city, I'd suggest Canoe (TD Center) fancy, expensive, great food, but most importantly, on the 54th Floor of the TD center - so you can really see the city.

For Oysters I'd go to Starfish, For Steaks...more choices, Harbour 60 is pricy but great, Tulip is cheap but great.

I'd always skip Susur, he's friends with my (biz) partner (sorry, sensitive about the sexuality thing after Dave's posting for the white NSX:biggrin: kidding!) and that still doesn't change me from thinking the place is WAY overblown and underdelivers.

Now, where the hell do you go for a good oil change and new tranny fluids (i'd like to try the synchromesh) under warranty without driving to burlington?

Red said:
Everyone has an opinion...

For highest price but best "value" for high price, I'd choose North 44 although one of the more expensive places in Toronto, the quality is consitantly excellent.

yummy..that's around the corner from me! I also like the Rosebud at Queen and Bathurst.

satan_srv said:
yummy..that's around the corner from me! I also like the Rosebud at Queen and Bathurst.

We should pick a place that has safe/good parking and all go out for a Steak!

Who's in?

I'm good any weekday night but Tuesdays booked on week in advance!

S

Just thought I'd revive an old thread. I finally went to Sassafraz with my girlfriend and it was very good. I LOVED the calamari! Thanks for the opinions. How's Remys around the corner? :biggrin:

fifrules said:
Just thought I'd revive an old thread. I finally went to Sassafraz with my girlfriend and it was very good. I LOVED the calamari! Thanks for the opinions. How's Remys around the corner? :biggrin:

Remy's is better for lunch (especially since I assume you aren't into Cougars)

If you're liked Saz, go to Flow (down the street from Remy's) its cool, great food, young vibe - I like it.

Side question: Do you know the guys at the quarry in Owen Sound? I need a whole bunch of stone:wink:

Red said:
Remy's is better for lunch (especially since I assume you aren't into Cougars)

If you're liked Saz, go to Flow (down the street from Remy's) its cool, great food, young vibe - I like it.

Side question: Do you know the guys at the quarry in Owen Sound? I need a whole bunch of stone:wink:

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try Flow next time.

Side answer: I know a few, but not well enough to even get myself a discount. Sorry. :redface:

Back