• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

TPS orientation?

I been chasing a lag I occasionally get on my 1992 at around 2k-3k rpm after it warms up. I attempted to clean the throttle body and in the process I removed the TPS plate from the throttle body. I got it back together and now its idling high I'm assuming the mechanical gears are not aliened properly as it never had an issue with high idle. The service manual has nothing on the adjustment or alinement of this part. Anyone know how the gears are supposed to be orientated?

TPS plate?

Are you talking about just the throttle angle sensor (throttle position sensor) or are you talking about that whole assembly that sits off to the right which includes the throttle actuator motor and the throttle angle sensor. Honda has no name for that assembly because officially it is not serviceable.

Before trying further adjustment on the actual throttle body, have you confirmed that you don't have a manifold air leak downstream of the throttle plate? That will definitely cause a high idle condition. I would also try slacking off the throttle cable just to confirm that the throttle cable is not holding the throttle plate open a little bit.

If you confirm that you do not have a manifold air leak and the throttle cable is not causing the throttle plate to hang up, then have a look in the throttle body to confirm that the throttle plate is not closing completely which would point a finger at the throttle motor assembly. If you removed that assembly with the throttle motor actuator and TAS from the throttle body, I have no advice on alignment requirements during re assembly. You might want to try and reach out directly to Kaz to see if he can provide guidance.

I removed that assembly with the throttle motor actuator and TAS from the throttle body. I will reach out to Kaz to see if he can help. I will look for leaks as well thank you.

Back