Sale pending, my first project (should be a good one)

Update:

I had a Prime Member/local owner offer to let me use his spare intake manifold and rail for sizing and fitment test purposes.

I spoke with Ryan at Church Tuning - he suggested to use an S2000 injector instead of the RDX. It doesn't flow as much (380 cc/hr vs. 410), but physically it is the same size as the OEM NSX injector, and still features the superior spray pattern.

John at RC Engineering was nice enough to offer me a flow testing session, both in rate, and spray pattern, of the OEM NSX, S2000, and RDX injectors.

Brian at ProSpeed called me back and says he can accomodate the larger injector, whether it's a 380 or 410 cc injector.

I'm with Loc and Scorp on this one. He may be onto something that will lead to other projects (ITB's, FI, etc).

Loc, there will always be comments and criticism. If you are willing to invest your time and money on this project, much props for the dedication.

Good luck with your DIY. Hope things come out the way you want it, or better :biggrin:.

Like said before, people who take the time and dedication to find little ways to improve things make the biggest difference sometimes. How many people do you think will switch over to an S2k or RDX injector when they see the spray pattern and/or flow rates? Of course when they see that the NSX injector is outdated, they obviously are going to switch over for a very low cost.

It's sad to see the hate when someone has a viable option to try something different. I know on the K24, although I felt know difference really between an RDX and TSX injector, I saw some results posted by others. All in all, you are innovating something to keep the game going! Keep it up man.

And if it doesn't work.... OH WELL. :tongue:

Yeah, there's two types of negative folks on here:

- Folks that are wise, have experience with these types of things, and are trying in their own way to inform you something may not be worth the time or money spent. It all hinges on how they come across though.

- Folks that are not wise, are not knowledgeable, fall in the "group think mentality," have no innovative or problem-solving mechanical skills, yet think they know everything because they read it somewhere on the internet.

Good luck with the project!

Dave

Update:

I just bought a "kit" from Rywire.

The kit includes:

1. 6 RDX injectors
2. "hats"
3. jumper harnesses
4. a cap for the resistor box

I'm going to baseline dyno the car with ProSpeed's Stage 3 ECU, then install the injectors and ProSpeed's Stage 3 ECU reprogrammed for 410 cc injectors.

But first I have to get the car to pass smog!

Well if it works and there is a def increase in HP I will say your the man.
and go and buy the same kit.

I got the kit yesterday. Here's a preview:

Attachments

• Rywire closeup.jpg
    Rywire closeup.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 215
  • Rywire kit.jpg
    Rywire kit.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 263
I'm on vacation next week, and during that time I will be meeting up with Brian of ProSpeed at Bisimoto's for installation & dyno testing.

We will do the following:

1. Baseline
2. ProSpeed Stage 2 or 3 ECU
3. ProSpeed Stage 2 or 3 ECU (programmed for 410 cc flow rate injectors) + RDX injector swap

No plans on changing the fuel pump.

I don't have any reason to believe that I need to or that it would provide any sort of benefit.

I'm interested in this project. Thanks for pursuing it.

I'd assume with the bigger injectors you're changing the duty cycles or the pulse width? I'm not familiar with this chip. Will this also still pass smog? Are you monitoring your AFR to see the results?

:confused::confused::confused:

Update:

I had a Prime Member/local owner offer to let me use his spare intake manifold and rail for sizing and fitment test purposes.

I spoke with Ryan at Church Tuning - he suggested to use an S2000 injector instead of the RDX. It doesn't flow as much (380 cc/hr vs. 410), but physically it is the same size as the OEM NSX injector, and still features the superior spray pattern.

John at RC Engineering was nice enough to offer me a flow testing session, both in rate, and spray pattern, of the OEM NSX, S2000, and RDX injectors.

Brian at ProSpeed called me back and says he can accomodate the larger injector, whether it's a 380 or 410 cc injector.

Update:

I just bought a "kit" from Rywire.

The kit includes:

1. 6 RDX injectors
2. "hats"
3. jumper harnesses
4. a cap for the resistor box

I'm going to baseline dyno the car with ProSpeed's Stage 3 ECU, then install the injectors and ProSpeed's Stage 3 ECU reprogrammed for 410 cc injectors.

But first I have to get the car to pass smog!

Anytime,

I ditched the S2000 injector idea because no one else could confirm that it would work. In addition, Rywire had a ready to go kit.

Brian @ ProSpeed just updated me: Bisimoto will be in Las Vegas all next week for SEMA.

We're working on re-scheduling.

Sorry, guys!

No, not yet.

After doing some more research, my last remaining issue is getting an appropriate ECU to control the injectors. Brian at ProSpeed says he can do it, but every other tuner I've spoken to says the only way to go with this project is the AEM EMS.

I originally wanted this project to be a low budget ($1000 total) project, but the AEM EMS would more than double the cost.

Of course, the other issue is that I've got one party on one side (Brian) saying he can do it, and I've got a couple of other parties saying that's not the way to do it. Then again, I don't know what Brian exactly does, or what program he uses. I would guess that is proprietary.

This is not a knock against Brian or his services; just like before undergoing surgery, I simply went for 2nd and 3rd opinions. Now I am in "limbo", if you will.

Last edited:
OK, so we're set to dyno test the injector + ECU swap tomorrow at Bisimoto.

Care to make predictions on the gains from the injectors alone?

Testing will be:

• Baseline
  • ProSpeed ECU
  • ProSpeed ECU set for 410 cc injectors + RDX injectors

I'll set the over/under at 6 peak whp.

I don't know what Brian exactly does, or what program he uses.

This breaks the equation somewhat if your goal is to determine the effect of the injectors alone. If what you're getting is a custom programmed ECU for your setup, there will be gains, but it will not be clear where the gains are from as there are already claims that there is power to be had over stock with a custom ECU on stock injectors.

In anycase good luck! Be sure to post the AFR's too when you post your dyno and see if you can find out if your ECU is having changes made to the timing map. I wouldn't see why there would be any issues with a tuner answering a yes or no to that question

Test 2 will be ProSpeed's ECU.

Test 3 will be ProSpeed's ECU set for larger injectors plus the injectors themselves.

If during Test 3 we find the A/F ratios to be dramatically altered, we'll make adjustments for that.

Very interesting day, as well as results.

Brian thought he would have an issue with partial throttle and below VTEC. Instead, we had an issue above VTEC.

As to drivability, the car simply feels like it has a bigger engine now.

We ended our testing with the car running rich. Brian and I will get back for another round of testing in a few weeks.

Anyways, as for the results.

<b>How does +30 wTQ at 4200 RPM sound?</b>

Here are the graphs.

Green is baseline.

Blue is ProSpeed ECU.

Purple is ProSpeed ECU + RDX injectors.

There is probably 7+ peak wHP to be gained. Like I said, we need to figure out how to get the computer to cooperate in VTEC.

Finally, big thumbs up to both Brian and Bisi - both are super nice guys.

Attachments

• Dyno  Results.jpg
    Dyno Results.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,690
Last edited:
I have been following this thread for a while. I'm glad you are trying new things and ignoring the nay sayers. I did some tuning on my former car with Brian and we saw some good gains with a Stage 3 ECU rom with supporting mods. My car made 266rwHP and 200rwTQ with DC headers, R/M Exhaust, and the ProSpeed Stage 3 rom. I had my injectors cleaned, flowed and tested at RC Engineering and later added ProSpeed high flow cats but unfortunately never got it back on the dyno to see where it ended up.

Are you running headers and an exhaust?

Last edited:
Back