Sad and Discouraged

wrong
the seller probably didnt know if the car had been repainted or not a good repaint is hard to tell.

Buyer agreed to buy the car and put money down on it
wasted sellers time
therfor his deposit could of been forfeited

hofffam said:
nsxman222 - it seems to me the basic fault of the seller is that he misrepresented that the car had original paint. The buyer specifically asked the seller a question about that. And the seller lied. So the buyer has a legitimate beef. If the seller had said up front that "No, the car has some new paint" the buyer would have decided "That car's not for me" so he wouldn't spend the money to fly.

There is no reason for anyone here to criticize the buyer for wanting original paint.

The car in question may be otherwise very nice and deserve to be purchased by someone. But it didn't meet the requirements of this particular buyer so he had every reason not to buy it and get his deposit back.

This is great!!! Go buy the car, or take the current owner out on a date, if you are so drawn to this episode.

Deals Gap said:
comtec,

after my experience with two (2) NSX owners in past 2 days, I'm slightly disappointed in some of the owners also.

Read this thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77968

I'm not going to talk about the other seller until I recieve his response. But so far, I was totally off guard by supposely mature "Supercar" owners. I think sometimes it worse than some of the RX7 kids I've dealt with...

Sorry that you have had some bad experiences. There are going to be a few bad apples regardless of which car forum you go on.

He spent 2K on expenses to check out the car...so he wasted the buyer's time? LOL. Even the interest party made a generous offer of a discount because the seller failed to disclose the truth. Do you actual believe he spent that much money to waste the seller's time?

Now, I just wasted my time responding to you LOL. Can I have my 1 minute back please? Or are you going to keep it? LOL.

Anyway, you take care of yourself. Life is beautiful outside...take the car out and smile a little bit...

nsxman222 said:
no that would an outright lie.
just because num nuts has a trick to shine a flashlight to see if a good repaint has taken place is not a misrepresentation.
its a buyer wasting people's time

Just as you did with this post

nsxman222 said:
no that would an outright lie.
just because num nuts has a trick to shine a flashlight to see if a good repaint has taken place is not a misrepresentation.
its a buyer wasting people's time

Just as you did with this post

What is the trick with the flashlight you are talking about? I started my walk around look at the car and the owner opened the driver door. When he opened the door i saw the overspray from about 2-3 feet away.

I posted this thread as soon as i got home from this 30 1/2 hour day. I was just letting out some frustration with the ordeal. I did not start this thread to cause problem with the owner selling the car. If i did than i am sorry. I got a little mad about the wire transfer fee and posted a link to the car but didn't feel right about doing it, so i removed the link. I have said in this thread that it was a nice car just not for me. I also have stated that i would just take the loss of the $2k. I am not interested in trying to get the money back so there is no reason for anyone to discuss me trying to sue the owner.

On the plane on my way back, i was thinking that i am not going through this again to find a car. I could just go buy a new corvette which i can find at any local dealer. After thinking about it and reading the posts, i decided that i would not buy another vette and i would keep trying. Since that time i have received lots of support from people that have read my thread. Some have responded here but also i have received pm's and emails from prime members that did not want to respond to the thread because of people that just want to argue. Also i have had 2 owners that have read the thread contact me by email that are interested in selling their cars.

Thank you to everyone that has shown their support and thank you prime.

Keep looking and have people from the area go look at it for you if possible. Jon Martin from Cerritos Acura is a guy who knows many peoples owner history. You might want to give him a buzz and see if he knows anyone selling. Good luck and don't give up.

ediddynsx said:
Keep looking and have people from the area go look at it for you if possible. Jon Martin from Cerritos Acura is a guy who knows many peoples owner history. You might want to give him a buzz and see if he knows anyone selling. Good luck and don't give up.

Thanks eddie

Back