RYU's "properly molested" NSX build thread

Interesting.

I forget what spring rates you have on the car currently?

Also let me know how you like the WaveTrac! I have one that I have been waiting to find the elusive 4.55 ring gear. The Six speed is great. Love my 4.4 OSG, did you deactivate any of your OSG clutches? Would be interested on your feedback on track with the WaveTrac.

I have the quaife quick ratio rack and I love it, haven’t tracked it yet. So waiting to give that review. Glad you like the S2k EPS

Also, what made you pick the Toda C cams over the more streetable B spec?

Good to see you’re back out and about bud

Last edited:
Interesting.

I forget what spring rates you have on the car currently?

Also let me know how you like the WaveTrac! I have one that I have been waiting to find the elusive 4.55 ring gear. The Six speed is great. Love my 4.4 OSG, did you deactivate any of your OSG clutches? Would be interested on your feedback on track with the WaveTrac.

I have the quaife quick ratio rack and I love it, haven’t tracked it yet. So waiting to give that review. Glad you like the S2k EPS

Also, what made you pick the Toda C cams over the more streetable B spec?

Good to see you’re back out and about bud
I keep changing rates based on the roads I drive most so it probably won't matter much to anyone else unless they want a ballpark.

I posted a review of the wavetrac somewhere. I think I also talked about it some in the video. The OSG I had on my 5spd was the stock config

I picked the C cams because the B cams didn't seem like a logical middle ground for my purpose. It was either A or C for me on this build.

That didn't last long.

Short story: Motor needs to be torn apart again. The waiting game with HQ Engineering is painful. After 4yrs I just wanna drive this POS normally.

Long story: I noticed a loss of throttle response at mid corner, high G's. It just dies (ignition and fuel cut) I was thinking.. hmm.. must be fuel starvation. It took me a while to notice because I always left for every enthusiastic drive topped off on oil and gas. I then specifically tested determined to figure out wtf was going on before once again pulling the gas tank for modifications.

I set off with a full tank but in my haste didn't top off the oil level. It was still "half" full on the dip stick. I went to my local twisties and she was shutting off again. The logs showed low oil pressure at high G's! Wow... so the Infinity was essentially saving my motor everytime oil level/pressure dropped.

The car is burning A LOT of oil. Exactly 1/2 quart per 1/2 tank of gas. Anytime it's down 1/2 a quart it's not even worth driving. I don't want to cause any real damage now that I know exactly what's going on. My poor high flow cats are taking a beating right now i'm sure from all the burnt oil :( blech....

The NSX has been sitting and waiting. Rings are just too loose. This is now the 3rd of 4th time (I can't bare to count) the motor will have to come out and come apart.

This sucks.

Back