road trip!

do what i would do if driving long distances.. blue tape entire front of car (substitute for a clear bra) to protect your baby from rock chips.. i absolutely hate rock chips.

Congrats and Welcome! I drove mine 1100 miles and enjoyed every mile. Okay I probably got 3 or 4 rock chips in the process...oh well.

do what i would do if driving long distances.. blue tape entire front of car (substitute for a clear bra) to protect your baby from rock chips.. i absolutely hate rock chips.

That must look pretty funny.

You would have to do the roof and the front of the rear spoiler too as well as the rocker panels and rear quarter intakes.

Sometimes you just have to accept the fact that if you drive a car, it is going to show some road scars. Otherwise you might as well leave it in the garage. Besides, I have gotten rock chips driving 5 miles from home so it isn't always dependant on long distances.

Last edited:
Congrats and Welcome! I drove mine 1100 miles and enjoyed every mile. Okay I probably got 3 or 4 rock chips in the process...oh well.

That must look pretty funny.

You would have to do the roof and the front of the rear spoiler too as well as the rocker panels and rear quarter intakes.

Sometimes you just have to accept the fact that if you drive a car, it is going to show some road scars. Otherwise you might as well leave it in the garage. Besides, I have gotten rock chips driving 5 miles from home so it isn't always dependant on long distances.

hah, it does look funny. Especially if you live in So.Cal like us, right? I absolutely hate the 91FWY, 15FWY, and 5FWY. Rocks comes out of nowhere.

I hate rock chips so much, my future NSX, i'd clear bra'ing the entire front.

Well? Are you there yet? Are you there yet? Are you there yet?

:confused:

yup, got back thu night. car is spectacularly beautiful and drives like a million bucks, only problem is a shredded LF fender liner that popped loose while unloading the car from the trailer and subsequently got caught on the tire during the first drive, so i removed it for the time being.

yep! agreed!

this was the day I drove her the 400 miles home. i'm sure i looked the biggest tool driving home
P1030525.JPG

Last edited:
i must say, you got a good lookin' nsx there. was the person you're getting the nsx from a prime member? but i like his mods. very tasteful and simple yet attractive.

Those Recaro seats are just sexy! but good find and i'm sure you'll take good care of that beauty as did the previous owner. :smile:

I know it's mean/sick but wouldn't it be ironic if you smacked a deer after you spent all that time and taped up the whole front?
uhmmm... i don't get it.. but yea, maybe it would be if there were deers on the fwys here in CA. by the time i got home the painters tape were filled with bugs of all sorts. well worth the effort since the 5fwy is littered with semis throwing up rocks.

uhmmm... i don't get it.. but yea, maybe it would be if there were deers on the fwys here in CA. by the time i got home the painters tape were filled with bugs of all sorts. well worth the effort since the 5fwy is littered with semis throwing up rocks.

the 5 fwy between santa clarita and san francisco is a hazard for bugs. i hate it!! even the windshield was a biotch to clean after these bugs SMACK into it. btw, does anyone know what kind of bugs these are? or are they bees or some sort?

Back