rhd to lhd conversion

am considering buying an NSX from Japan for use in manila. am also exploring how I can bring one from the states but for now, the system makes importation from japan a lot easier. would appreciate any advice on how to convert from RHD to LHD. has anyone had any experience doing this? what parts need to be changed both mechanical and interior? thanks in advance for any comments. cheers

I can't believe that it would be worth all the parts and labor needed to convert to LHD, versus whatever difference in effort there is in importing a LHD car from North America instead of Japan.

I've converted a civic from LHD to RHD. You will need the front clip from a LHD NSX. Drill out the spot welds, remove firewalls, swap and weld the LHD firewall into your car. The front clip will need to be mostly complete so you can also use the dash/interior pieces, master cylinder, pedals etc. You can probably use the RHD harness you will just have to flip it over. Gas cap cable may need to be rigged up as well as some other stuff going to the back.

Last edited:
I've converted a civic from LHD to RHD. You will need the front clip from a LHD NSX. Drill out the spot welds, remove firewalls, swap and weld the LHD firewall into your car. The front clip will need to be mostly complete so you can also use the dash/interior pieces, master cylinder, pedals etc. You can probably use the RHD harness you will just have to flip it over. Gas cap cable may need to be rigged up as well as some other stuff going to the back.
That IMHO is not a good idea, NSX clips are expensive, the aluminum is PITA and expensive to work with and ruin the remaining value of the car.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a prime member in Australia who traveled around the area doing RHD to LHD conversions and would probably be a good resource in cost and labor involved in the conversion. He may also have a good amount of parts or know where to get them!

Found it:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...Manual-Conversion-!!?highlight=rhd+conversion
I recall that he only does automatic to manual swaps.

Last edited:
Last edited:
can you import from hong kong i think they were lhd?

drats...missed it by that................. much..........

Back