Removing tails?

It's easy to remove. Open the trunk and remove 3 bolts on each side attaching the wing. The hardest part is removing the double sided tape under each side of the mounting surface. Some people use fishing line to remove the tape.

It's easy to remove. Open the trunk and remove 3 bolts on each side attaching the wing. The hardest part is removing the double sided tape under each side of the mounting surface. Some people use fishing line to remove the tape.

I think he meant the taillights and not the spoiler/wing. I've never removed the taillights myself so can't help you there.

Jeff

Do a search, it's been addressed. You need to pull off the white plastic things over the ends of the bolts (these hold the wiring up) & use a deep socket to take the nuts off. It's not hard, but neither is searching. The white clips are on really tight.

Do a search, it's been addressed. You need to pull off the white plastic things over the ends of the bolts (these hold the wiring up) & use a deep socket to take the nuts off. It's not hard, but neither is searching. The white clips are on really tight.

Sorry to piss you off buddy, I tried searching could not find suitable results.

So I've reviewed all the threads above from a search and also searched "trailight removal".

I have the plastic clips off. I have all 24 nuts removed. The center panel with the Acura logo is removed. I'm stuck trying to get the actual taillamps out. Those things REALLY seem to be in there. I've pushed, pulled, and tapped the outer screw posts in the trunk lightly with a hammer hoping to wedge it loose with no luck.

What exactly is the trick? Any tips or recommended tools I should try? I'm probably being overly careful since it's the first time taking them off this car and I'm concerned with damaging the lights, the car, or the screw posts. Ay help is greatly appreciated.

I had to use a bit of elbow grease and slightly lift the rear quarter panels.

So I've reviewed all the threads above from a search and also searched "trailight removal".

I have the plastic clips off. I have all 24 nuts removed. The center panel with the Acura logo is removed. I'm stuck trying to get the actual taillamps out. Those things REALLY seem to be in there. I've pushed, pulled, and tapped the outer screw posts in the trunk lightly with a hammer hoping to wedge it loose with no luck.

What exactly is the trick? Any tips or recommended tools I should try? I'm probably being overly careful since it's the first time taking them off this car and I'm concerned with damaging the lights, the car, or the screw posts. Ay help is greatly appreciated.

I had to use a bit of elbow grease and slightly lift the rear quarter panels.

Can you elaborate a bit? Now I'm really confused. LOL. Once I do this once, I've mastered it. I'm just being VERY careful the first time.

there is this rubber thingy on the tops of each tail-lens its like an inch thick, kinda like dynamat,, once you get the side closest to the center lens moving,, you need to tilt the outer part from the bottom Out,, but the rubber thing is whats keeping you from removing it,, just pull,, the rubber has hardened and will not budge easy,, you wont crack the lens its strong,, some people just take the rubber thing off, hope this helps

You will sometimes need to give a firm thump with your fist on the inside of the light to get it to move.

I'd love to see this documented since I have to do this soon myself.

Im gonna take pics today and document the whole process and post them,, since there is no write up for this,, should be done by friday/saturday

Im gonna take pics today and document the whole process and post them,, since there is no write up for this,, should be done by friday/saturday

How is this coming along? I gave it another go lastnight for a few minutes in the garage with no luck. All bolts/clilps removed, lights still not budging.

I am almost done, just hang in there, will be done tomorrow by noon, it will only take me 10 minutes to take the pics and type it,, tonight I started re-wiring my NSX's 2005 TL radio/Navi,, kinda forgot to do that first,, LOL Will be done tomorrow I promise

How is this coming along? I gave it another go lastnight for a few minutes in the garage with no luck. All bolts/clilps removed, lights still not budging.

Just give a thump from the inside , works every time for me - and if you knew how many times I took the lights in and out of my car during the LED battle - well that's another story...

Ok I did the full write up,,, now I will take the pics tomorrow and connect the pics with the description,, and yea after you do it once you never forget cuz hitting your head on the trunk really helps sink the "how to" part of this in deep!!

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Reference/1991_svcman/1991servman.pdf

here's the link for the entire nsx repair manual from a-z. everything is step-by-step and easy to understand.
one of our primers posted this and it's a life saver.
if i remember correctly, he's been threatened by honda for posting it. i really enjoyed his reply to them. if anyone remembers who it is, please thank him for this invaluable item.

regards,
rog

Success! I have the taillights out. So, the tension I was feeling was actually the adhesive backing on the foam not wanting to let go. When I gradually pushed my thumb against the top frame of the car above the light and 4 fingers on the inside edge of the light by the keyhole, it slowly would start to peel away and I just continued to work around until the entire fixture was out.

Now, next adventure - removing the lens. Sigh....

Back