• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Remote Operated Hidden Front Plate?

Ric

Experienced Member
Guys,

We all don't like to display the front plate since it looks "uncool". In state like CA, we get ticket if the front plate is not displayed. I think SOS sells a manually fold up front plate. If we drive with the plate up and get pulled over by the cops, do you still get ticket if you get out of the car and pull the plate down?

Has anybody here installed the front plate that can be operated with a remote as shown in the link?

http://www.swiftmotorsports.com/product_info.php?products_id=3922

A couple of years ago I tried to figure out how to make the Swift Motorsports motorized plate thing work on my NSX but gave up. (I have the manual SOS one.)

do you still get ticket if you get out of the car and pull the plate down?

I wouldn't want to try to get out of the car during a traffic stop unless the cop was in a very good mood and you asked him for permission first. It's a fix-it ticket, so you can just pull it down and then have a cop sign off on the ticket, but in some places at least you still have to pay a small fee. I got one in SF and it was $105 for no front plate, or $20 if you had it fixed. Now I have the SOS bracket installed and I keep it at the 60* angled position and it looks good because it's inset from the bumper. You can't see it at all from the side, and from the front it looks fine. Riding around with no front plate in CA seems like a losing battle. Plus they use that as an excuse to pull you over and that's a hassle. Could be worse if you have mods.

Oh yea and my ticket was not while I was driving. My car was parked on the street and a meter maid issued the ticket. I still had time on my meter at least. But how lame is that?

Last edited:
if you really wanna lose the front plate, move to a state like FL that doesnt require you to have a front stupid no reason plate

or if you dont drive the NSX much as most are garage queens just take the hit every time you drive. LOL its not that much

If you had the SOS kit, couldn't you just leave it up until you got pulled over...say you were cleaning car etc, were in car show and forgot to put back down??? Would you still get a ticket?

Glad I don't have these issues...nor CARB...

If you had the SOS kit, couldn't you just leave it up until you got pulled over...say you were cleaning car etc, were in car show and forgot to put back down??? Would you still get a ticket?

Glad I don't have these issues...nor CARB...

Depends how lenient the cop is. I have been pulled over twice in my other car for having no plate, and both times they let me off with a warning.

Depends how lenient the cop is. I have been pulled over twice in my other car for having no plate, and both times they let me off with a warning.

I get that, but in this case you would actually have a front license plate just not displayed. I would think that would increase your chances of getting off.

does anyone know where to get the angled plate bracket?

its there but somewhat hidden and looks better than stock but still legal.

Attachments

• bracket.JPG
    bracket.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 173
does anyone know where to get the angled plate bracket?

its there but somewhat hidden and looks better than stock but still legal.

The Science of Speed one can be left in an angled position
animation3.gif

I actually ground out the SOS plate so it fits my -02 bumper at an angle.

Back