• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Raise or lower your nsx at the push of a button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this safe?

I like the idea, but If you've ever seen the effects of a nitrous bottle explosion, it's unbelievable, and sure to cause great personal injury, if not death. If no-one is around when it explodes, it'll still cause a tremendous amount of property damage.

This pic shows the effects of a nitrous bottle that exploded in a Nissan Maxima owned by Doyle Schoenberger of Ohio.

pict533c.jpg

rearend.jpg

outside.jpg

Is this safe?

I like the idea, but If you've ever seen the effects of a nitrous bottle explosion, it's unbelievable, and sure to cause great personal injury, if not death. If no-one is around when it explodes, it'll still cause a tremendous amount of property damage.

This pic shows the effects of a nitrous bottle that exploded in a Nissan Maxima owned by Doyle Schoenberger of Ohio.

pict533c.jpg

rearend.jpg

outside.jpg

LOL get your facts straight bud.

my system runs at far lower psi than that of a nitrous system, and we are using air NOT NITROUS

You are comparing apples to oranges.

Thanks for your expert opinion :rolleyes:

just to interject- the damage in pics was done by effect of depressurization / bottle failure. the same damage would occur if that bottle was filled with air at same pressure.

just to interject- the damage in pics was done by effect of depressurization / bottle failure. the same damage would occur if that bottle was filled with air at same pressure.

Again, to be clear for EVERYONE, our system DOES NOT operate at the same pressure level of a nitrous system

Our system operates at a FAR lower pressure level than that of a nitrous system.

I gotta step in on this for a sec... I haved owed this to Ravi for sometime now considering it is such a rarely installed product and I never wrote a review... and I think this thread needs to be steered back in the original direction anyways...

I know serge and how smart he is on this stuff.. I think he was making a nitrous/oxygen comment so Rav dont take it the wrong way.

But I will say I am glad BATMANs posted that pic of the nitrous explosion since it brought this thread to the top, this got me to finally make public how much making this expensive desicion was... and it was exspensive

This setup rocks.. like to the point that you need to re-learn how to drive your car with it because you will use it that often if you lowered your nsx. I have a widebody slammed on the ground... broke bumpers, front splitters, and front spoilers with just bisteins before I went widebody...

Now I have nico's (nsxbox) front bumper and it has a 4" fiberglass shelf sticking out.. I honestly have never hit it on anything... I dont even hesitate... just go up then right back down.. end of story...people look at your nsx all the time... more times than not they turn to their friends like "watch that sports car get ruined on that speed bump" - then up , over, and SHHHHHHHHHHHH for a sec MAYBEE two and all of a sudden even the haters have nothing to say.

If your even considering this product... go to the top of page one... read every question and by the time ravi answers them all you will know everything..

I will add two comments to all of this though..

First - people had to wait for the r&d of their exact diameter of the shaft for proper cnc fitmit... thank them if you own any of these..

Tein RA
Tein RE
Tein Flex
JIC FLT A2
HKS
BUDDY CLUB

Ravi, I added buddyclub to the list dogg.. I went through this peronally. So here it is.... I LOVE IT

Second, knowing what I know now that I have had this for so long, taking into consideration my first comment of a second hard desicion I had to make, the fact that materials and parts are better, and that 80% of the time I use the fronts over the rears... and at $2k with a coilover Rav has the specs complete on... you need to find a way to buy these.. (for all of thoose not in the states... the US dollar exchange rate puts this set up around $1k for you.... it's not bullshit!)seriously

To the point that if you want to hear it first hand from someone who isnt involved in selling it.. call me... especially if you can afford it.

Ross - 480-363-9431

I gotta step in on this for a sec... I haved owed this to Ravi for sometime now considering it is such a rarely installed product and I never wrote a review... and I think this thread needs to be steered back in the original direction anyways...

I know serge and how smart he is on this stuff.. I think he was making a nitrous/oxygen comment so Rav dont take it the wrong way.

But I will say I am glad BATMANs posted that pic of the nitrous explosion since it brought this thread to the top, this got me to finally make public how much making this expensive desicion was... and it was exspensive

This setup rocks.. like to the point that you need to re-learn how to drive your car with it because you will use it that often if you lowered your nsx. I have a widebody slammed on the ground... broke bumpers, front splitters, and front spoilers with just bisteins before I went widebody...

Now I have nico's (nsxbox) front bumper and it has a 4" fiberglass shelf sticking out.. I honestly have never hit it on anything... I dont even hesitate... just go up then right back down.. end of story...people look at your nsx all the time... more times than not they turn to their friends like "watch that sports car get ruined on that speed bump" - then up , over, and SHHHHHHHHHHHH for a sec MAYBEE two and all of a sudden even the haters have nothing to say.

If your even considering this product... go to the top of page one... read every question and by the time ravi answers them all you will know everything..

I will add two comments to all of this though..

First - people had to wait for the r&d of their exact diameter of the shaft for proper cnc fitmit... thank them if you own any of these..

Tein RA
Tein RE
Tein Flex
JIC FLT A2
HKS
BUDDY CLUB

Ravi, I added buddyclub to the list dogg.. I went through this peronally. So here it is.... I LOVE IT

Second, knowing what I know now that I have had this for so long, taking into consideration my first comment of a second hard desicion I had to make, the fact that materials and parts are better, and that 80% of the time I use the fronts over the rears... and at $2k with a coilover Rav has the specs complete on... you need to find a way to buy these.. (for all of thoose not in the states... the US dollar exchange rate puts this set up around $1k for you.... it's not bullshit!)seriously

To the point that if you want to hear it first hand from someone who isnt involved in selling it.. call me... especially if you can afford it.

Ross - 480-363-9431

Thanks for the review Ross:smile: very much appreciated.

Rav:smile:

I would like to add to the above statement.

First the VRH suspension set up, explained in previous posts, the quality of materials used and the use without bags or hydraulic fluid to lower and raise your car with the specified coilovers makes this a winner for myself. Happen to always turn hard or left to go over a speed bump! I have come across this and find it annoying. I don't mind paying for quality service or ideas as long as the purpose does not affect the drivability and characteristics of the cars ability to produce the same outcome before and after comparisons with this product installed.

Second coming from a business stand point, the excellence in support and updates from Ravi (KANE) has to be second to none. No hesitation just solutions from his end. Always willing to give you a quality product and service along with his attention to detail can keep any customer without question or upset.

I will also provide a feedback on this product to help ensure those who are unsure.

-G-:biggrin:

Last edited:
I had the same question about safety. Except my question is will these blow up in a crash--would having these in the front of the car compromise crumple zones or end up in your lap instead of a tire? It's a minor question indeed, this system just rocks. To reiterate, I've always wondered about making a hydro system for the x to get over pesky bumps and driveways but was worried about the chassis, this plug and play idea is perfect!

LOL get your facts straight bud.

my system runs at far lower psi than that of a nitrous system, and we are using air NOT NITROUS

You are comparing apples to oranges.

Thanks for your expert opinion :rolleyes:

How much psi will it operate at? How much is stored in the tanks? Especially since the NSX is made of aluminum and there are alot of what-ifs.

For example someone rear ends you. Will the tanks kaboom?

Why don't u crush one at full psi and post it on youtube and let the NSXers decide if they think this is safe enough.

Apples and oranges are still fruits, which are the testis of trees.

Last edited:
Very nice, too exspensive for me.

Last edited:
come on swift... don't kill this idea for someone who lowered there car... we have talked many times and your cooler than that. The cost is 2k... how can it be 2k to high???

plus, when you think about the value of what someone is preserving (the body panels and under carrage) I should send ravi more money... dont look for a check in the mail rav... or I told the feds to send ya 600....lol

I like when people share experiences not opinions when they havent used the product... for example.. if you posted how much this cost you...

Hi-Rev CAMS, Lifters & Springs Kit, Port & Polish

on an NA car or not... I would never post that you spent way to much for increase in performance you actually took from it... I actually would be happy for you because those too are exspensive upgrades that took a while to decide on... which means you share a passion for what we both drive.. that same passion brings us together on this site... a site that now has people in lithuania robbing us... battles on typr r diffuser knock off's that were priced in the 7-800's and now 200's...

I'll be at expo in september... jump in my ride and take me down the worst road oregon has to offer... your opinion of the value of this will go up by 2k...

no matter what happens to your opinion... you could then come back on here and post your experience... and I wont comment on it... no matter what you post..

I think this is a REALLY cool product. But I also think 3 grand is A LOT of money for it. I realize all the testing and fab work and sweat and tears that go into something like this. I would definatly get one for my car if it were cheaper. But at the end of the day... it's kind of a novelty. I mean I've driven lowered cars my whole life. I've never ripped the bumper off or broken a fender or any of that. I think in an area with speed bumps or inclined driveways or whatever, you just have to take it slow and at the right angle... Think of how many sports cars there were that sat low to the ground before a system like this was ever seen. They all made it right? So I guess what I'm trying to say is 3 grand is a TON of money for something that adds weight and doesn't make the car go any faster. :redface:

And not to say swift is right or anything.... but honestly... if this system did cost a thousand bucks instead of 3? I'd probably have one on my car already.

.... but honestly... if this system did cost a thousand bucks instead of 3? I'd probably have one on my car already.

I feel the exact same way... I would send cash right now! :biggrin:

I've been eyeing this package since it came out. But I can't justify the price of this, plus what I've already paid for coilovers, camber kit, etc. etc. :redface:

But I want it so bad... :frown:

I will continue to live vicariously through Gil....

I've been eyeing this package since it came out. But I can't justify the price of this, plus what I've already paid for coilovers, camber kit, etc. etc. :redface:

Hi guys, sorry the price will not be changing.

Ravi

3g's may seem like a lot of money but I think the lift in the Gallardo runs about 6k, its a Koni hydraulic system internal to the shock..and i think it runs off the power steering motor..

one last reiteration... what you truely need is only 2k... rav has a front only set up available right now... thats the one I use over 80% of the time....

3g's may seem like a lot of money but I think the lift in the Gallardo runs about 6k, its a Koni hydraulic system internal to the shock..and i think it runs off the power steering motor..

On a side note, I am producing the kits for several marques now, including Ferrari, Lamgorghini, Porsche (Carrera GT also) , Nissan, BMW, Toyota etc.

We have a Gallardo lifter set for the front of the 2004's which did not have the option from the factory.

Last edited:
Tom (671-NSX) Your 4 wheel kit is finished and ships out tomorrow

Gil (Snyergy004) Your 4 wheel kit is being installed right now:smile:

Keoka (SOLID-X) Your 4 wheel kit is on the shelf ready to go

You guys all got the V2 kits.

Hey just to clarify, the cups work in conjunction with your existing coilovers. They fit inside of them.

Rav

Thanks for the updates Ravi. I think it's a good deal on how much you're charging. I don't think it's much. I paid $ 1075 for a seal for my Targa top from the dealer. A rubber seal! I didn't realize how much parts for a nsx can cost that. But if you want it really bad you will pay anything to get it.

Keoka:biggrin:

Hi guys, sorry the price will not be changing.

Ravi

And that's cool Ravi. I think you make good stuff... and I don't think we're trying to talk you into changing prices or anything... I think we're just gabbing about what we think is justifiable considering what the system does and how often it really needs to be used. But trust me, we're in this thread right now because we think it's super cool. :wink:

How much psi will it operate at? How much is stored in the tanks? Especially since the NSX is made of aluminum and there are alot of what-ifs.

For example someone rear ends you. Will the tanks kaboom?

Why don't u crush one at full psi and post it on youtube and let the NSXers decide if they think this is safe enough.

Apples and oranges are still fruits, which are the testis of trees.

Valid point, It's one thing to have them in the way in a crash but will they blow and make the crash a lot more costly/dangerous? Care to address this question?

It's all relative.

NSX are considerably cheaper than the Gallardo.

What sorta support, warranty, guarantee are there for Ravi's product. What happens if he goes outta business, or even worse?

Lamborghini is here to stay for the most part. The car costs beaucoup bucks more than the NSX. It's a part that has probably seen many more R&D and tests hours, etc...... Factor that all in and this solution for the NSX should be priced under $1k.

But hey, I never started my post on the topic of price, rather safety. If it blows up, Ravi probably doesn't have enough assests to pay for a class action or individual lawsuit if it escalates to that point.

Lambo does......

It's all relative.

NSX are considerably cheaper than the Gallardo.

What sorta support, warranty, guarantee are there for Ravi's product. What happens if he goes outta business, or even worse?

Lamborghini is here to stay for the most part. The car costs beaucoup bucks more than the NSX. It's a part that has probably seen many more R&D and tests hours, etc...... Factor that all in and this solution for the NSX should be priced under $1k.

But hey, I never started my post on the topic of price, rather safety. If it blows up, Ravi probably doesn't have enough assests to pay for a class action or individual lawsuit if it escalates to that point.

Lambo does......

Ok lets get this addressed and move on.

A typical nitrous tank is smooth sided and is mounted with a set of plastic clamps that rely on friction to hold the tank in place.

A typical nitrous tank is pressurized to approx 800 psi.

Here are the differences with my system:

Umbrella Auto Design pressure vessel stores less than 1/4 PSI of a typical nitrous system.

To be clear the pressure vessel we utilize never has more than 1/4 the pressure of a nitrous system in it at any time.

The Umbrella Auto Design pressure vessel has TIG welded mounting feet at the base allowing the vessel to be bolted down and NOT relying on friction to hold it in place as a typical nitrous tank does.

The Umbrella Auto Design VRH kit is designed to be trunk mounted

The Umbrella Auto Design VRH kit comes with a welded steel mouting rack that bolts to the nsx chassis using existing mounting points in the car.

The Umbrella Auto Design Pressure vessel is bolted securely to the mounting rack with 4 high grade 3/8x1" steel bolts

The Umbrella Auto Design VRH lifter kit does carry a warranty covering manufacturing defects and wear.

We will not be going out of business.

Ok now lets address the price. Price is not relative or based on the value of the vehicle to which it will be installed on. We do not charge more for a kit for a Lamborghini or less for a kit for a 350Z.

The idea that the kit should sell for under $1k is laughable.

More facts:

A typical automotive fire extinguisher operates at a similiar psi level to our system Between 100-175 psi.

A typical paint ball gun nitrogen tank operates at over 1000psi and some operate at up to 3500 psi.

A typical automotive abs system accumulator operates and stores more than 1000psi of pressure (this is mounted in the front of your nsx right now)

Automotive air horns with air reservoirs operate at a similiar psi level to our system.

Automotive airbrake systems operate at over 100 psi

Several OEM's utilize air suspension on passenger vehicles and also rely on a trunk mounted air reservoir.

The thread is here to answer real questions and give information about the product.

I am happy to answer any more question that any of you may have.

BATMANs, your question is a valid one so hopefully I have addressed it for you properly.

thanks

Rav

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back