• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Raise or lower your nsx at the push of a button

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 the system comes with a small air compressor that pressurizes the air tank. You can go up and down as many time as you like.

This is not like a propane tank that comes pressurized. The kit comes with its own compressor which charges the air tanks.

If the tank repressurizes, what is the advantage of having a 3 gallon tank as opposed to a 2 gallon tank?

Also, you mentioned that $3,000 is the NSXPRIME member price. But on your website, it looks like $3,000 is the price for anyone. Is there a special price for NSXPRIME members?

If the tank repressurizes, what is the advantage of having a 3 gallon tank as opposed to a 2 gallon tank?

Also, you mentioned that $3,000 is the NSXPRIME member price. But on your website, it looks like $3,000 is the price for anyone. Is there a special price for NSXPRIME members?

A 3 gallon tank has more capacity and therefore you will get more use of the system befor the pump must engage to repressurize the tank

$3000 is the nsxprime price I set it that way so you guys can use the shopping cart and purchase by credit card.

A 3 gallon tank has more capacity and therefore you will get more use of the system befor the pump must engage to repressurize the tank

Does the tank repressurize after each use, or does it repressurize only when the tank empties out? How long does it take to repressurize the tank?

Does the tank repressurize after each use, or does it repressurize only when the tank empties out? How long does it take to repressurize the tank?

Hi the system repressurizes when the rated psi falls below a certain level. Repressurizing the system takes only a short time and depends on air volume left in the tank.

If you guys have anymore questions feel free to call my cell also 206 229 7856.
I am happy to answer any and all questions regarding the system.

I can't be near the computer alot today

Ravi

Hi the system repressurizes when the rated psi falls below a certain level. Repressurizing the system takes only a short time and depends on air volume left in the tank.

If you guys have anymore questions feel free to call my cell also 206 229 7856.
I am happy to answer any and all questions regarding the system.

I can't be near the computer alot today

Ravi

Last question. Can you give an estimate time to install? How about a difficulty measure? Basically is this a DIY'er thing or do we ship the car to you?

Last question. Can you give an estimate time to install? How about a difficulty measure? Basically is this a DIY'er thing or do we ship the car to you?

Hi the install time will vary but it is definitetly DIY no need to ship the car. you will need to remove your struts to add the piston but it is strictly bolt on. From there its just a matter of running air lines and hooking up power. I am available everyday for tech support.

Ravi

So is this mainly for clearing driveways or anywhere you might momentarily need to raise your car? Because once you're raised you're riding on air and your alignment specs will change. Is this correct? How's it feel riding on just air and how long can we ride on air for a given time? Either way I think this is a great solution to saving our front lips so we can keep the car low.

So is this mainly for clearing driveways or anywhere you might momentarily need to raise your car? Because once you're raised you're riding on air and your alignment specs will change. Is this correct? How's it feel riding on just air and how long can we ride on air for a given time? Either way I think this is a great solution to saving our front lips so we can keep the car low.

Hello your assumption is correct in respect to the application. You can drive the car in the lifted mode as long as you like but the ride is a little bumpy. I mainly use it to clear driveways and then just dump immediatly after but during prototype testing I regularly drove on the freeway etc. with the system in lifted mode with no problems.

Ravi

HI as I said above the setup in my personal car uses an optioonal larger air tank, a smaller tank is available.

Total system weight is under 20lbs

And lastly(for the last time :) EDFC adjusts dampening not ride height

The 3 gallon tank is too large for my taste. I would be interested in a smaller tank.

You mentioned that we have the choice of 2 gal. or a 3 gal. tank. Can you post a photo of the two tanks next to one another so we can get an idea of the size difference.

Thanks.

The 3 gallon tank is too large for my taste. I would be interested in a smaller tank.

You mentioned that we have the choice of 2 gal. or a 3 gal. tank. Can you post a photo of the two tanks next to one another so we can get an idea of the size difference.

Thanks.

Hi, I will have 1 and 2 gallon tanks back in stock this coming tuesday and will post pics.

Ravi

Ok here are a few comparison pics of the single 3 gallon tank in contrast to the dual slim line 1 gallon tanks. Also a few possible mounting locations for the dual 1 gallons including a front mount setup.
Ravi
Umbrella Auto Design

Attachments

• DSCN0451.jpg
    DSCN0451.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 414
  • DSCN0452.jpg
    DSCN0452.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 271
  • DSCN0453.jpg
    DSCN0453.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 276
  • DSCN0454.jpg
    DSCN0454.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 314
  • DSCN0457.jpg
    DSCN0457.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 910
Hey guys here are a few pics of the setup Jeremy and I installed in his 1998 NSX. he opted for the Dual 1 gallon slim line tanks which are also constructed of aluminum just like the available 3 gallon tank. As you can see the 1 gallon tanks hardly take up any room at all and installation was a breeze.With this configuration you will still have room to fit your targa in the trunk if you want to. Complete system weight is still under 20 pounds.

Ravi
www.umbrellaautodesign.com

Attachments

• DSCN0535.jpg
    DSCN0535.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 416
  • DSCN0537.jpg
    DSCN0537.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 311
  • DSCN0538.jpg
    DSCN0538.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 376
Ok here are a few comparison pics of the single 3 gallon tank in contrast to the dual slim line 1 gallon tanks. Also a few possible mounting locations for the dual 1 gallons including a front mount setup.
Ravi
Umbrella Auto Design

Ravi,

Will a single 1-gallon tank work?

Thanks, Steve

A single 1 gallon tank will not work. you need a minimum of 2 gallons.

feel free to call with any more questions

Ravi
206 229 7856

Attachments

• DSCN0882.jpg
    DSCN0882.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 206
  • DSCN0834.jpg
    DSCN0834.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Will the current setup work on Ground Control coilovers?

Hi, yes it will work with the ground control setup or any other coilovers on the market. I do the configuration in house before shipment.

Here are a few pics of other coilover setups we have done also.

We have worked hard to revise the tank/compressor component of the kit and create the most compact unit possible. There fore taking up as little space as possible.

We now include a custom mounting rack specifically for the NSX for the tank/valves/and compressor that bolts into the trunk using factory bolt holes. No drilling is required for installation

The systems now come completely pre plumbed ,assembled, and prewired for a 3 wire total hookup.

Installation can be done in a matter of hours with hand tools.

More information here;

http://www.umbrellaautodesign.com/c...ide_height_suspension_kit_patent_pending.html

Attachments

• DSCN0375.jpg
    DSCN0375.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 473
  • DSCN0390.jpg
    DSCN0390.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 375
  • DSCN0889.jpg
    DSCN0889.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 383
  • DSCN1126.jpg
    DSCN1126.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 386
  • DSCN1209.jpg
    DSCN1209.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 380
Is the price ever gonna go down?? I would love to have one of these kits, but $3000 is just too much.:frown:

I keep telling Lamborghini the exact same thing about the LP640:smile:

In fact due to the rising cost of raw materials(aluminum) There will be a $200 price increase for the kit on the first of the year

Attachments

• parts.jpg
    parts.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Hi guys, in the past we had not offered a front only kit, however due to the amount of inquiries we have received I will offer a front only kit at this time.

We will be running a special on the FRONT ONLY VRH KIT until 4/25/08

sale price for a complete front only kit $1999+shipping.

5 kits available at this price.

Ravi

Last edited:
Would it be possible to mount this kit in the front of the car to balance out the car a little more? And how have you been Ravi?

Would it be possible to mount this kit in the front of the car to balance out the car a little more? And how have you been Ravi?

Hi David, I have been well, how are you?

Yes the compressor and reservoir can be mounted in the front compartment of the nsx. The front only kit comes with a very small air tank, and also a bolt in rack for the front compartment.

Ravi:smile:

For 2008 we have made numerous improvements to the VRH lifter system.

V2 VRH lifter improvements include:

Black anodize to cup bodies

Even stronger materials utilized

New improved seals

Piston speed has been increased(they are twice as fast now)

Modular valve manifold

Direct bolt in mounting rack specifically for the NSX

Arrives fully assembled and prewired for 3 wire hookup

OUR VFR KIT HAS ALWAYS BEEN PROUDLY MANUFACTURED IN THE USA TO AEROSPACE STANDARDS OF PRECISION

Rav:smile:

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 148
  • 005 (3).jpg
    005 (3).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 197
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back