R&T NSX Scanned

Lady Six said:
Honda will never use anything larger than a V8 (if they use a V8 at all). There are too many taxes and fees to run a car that uses that much fuel. Remember, Japan has zero natural resources.

I really liked the rumored idea of a V8 hybrid- a V6 plant in the rear and 2 electric motors up front. Im not sure how practical that would be.

I think the taxes are more on displacement rather than cylinders, no? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm guessing that the v10 released will be a much smaller displacement than that of a Viper or Carrera GT.

That's the reason Corvettes and Vipers are taxed heavily in Japan vs. Porsche 911s.

Silver F16 said:
What is this XGA? Can't find pics of info about it. What do you know? Pictures, engines and when in production?

Perhaps the pictures we are looking at is a new project in addition to the V10 Mid engine NSX replacement.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/03/01/honda-xga-s2000-replacement/
mar1xga.jpg

leftlanenews.com said:
A report in the latest issue of Road and Track indicates Honda's S2000 replacement will be called XGA. Originally, the magazine reported that the XGA would be a four-door sports car based on the Acura RL. However, sources now suggest the XGA will be a two-door coupe aimed at the likes of the Nissan/Infiniti GT-R. The car reportedly shares some design cues with the Sports 4 Concept. Shown right is an artist's rendering from the magazine. For a larger shot, you'll have to pick up the mag.

Rumors..feh. I can't wait to see what happens with the RDX and MDX though, I wouldn't mind a hybrid pilot either.

Doc C said:
I didn't know if you really hadn't seen the HSC or not. This link has some photos of the HSC concept, but I've seen much better elsewhere here on prime. At least this will give you a rough idea. take care.

http://www.import-heaven.net/specs_honda_hsc_concept.shtml

Doc C:

Thanks so much. I feel like an idiot being the only one that didn't know what this was, but I really hadn't seen it!

Thanks for the link. I like it a LOT! I'd buy it even if it didn't outperform Z06s and Vipers around 400hp for less than the cost of a current Z06. Just has a nasty look to it.

I'm not planning on racing my car. If I was, I would have purchased a Lotus, hands down. Also, a MR car that in my opinion was the sharpest handling car I've ever driven.

Still, I love my NSX!

B

nooooooooo Monica!!!

That better not be close to the new one, I hope they bring back the same designer. Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard the designer of the Enzo was the same japanese guy that designed the NSX body and the Prelude :)

Type-SR said:
nooooooooo Monica!!!

That better not be close to the new one, I hope they bring back the same designer. Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard the designer of the Enzo was the same japanese guy that designed the NSX body and the Prelude :)

ROFL...sad that I know what "Nooooooo Monica!!!" is from. :biggrin:

Regarding the NSX designer, it isn't the same guy. Ken Okuyama (designer of the Enzo and many other cars from Pininfarina) did not design the NSX (he was one of the best Design Chairpersons we've had a Art Center....we learned alot from his sketch demos...cool dude.)

AU_NSX said:
That Lotus was the first mid-engine / rear drive F1 car ever and then went on to win the championship and all F1 cars winning championships thereafter have had a mid-engine / rear drive configuration.
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the Auto Union C Type the first mid engine F1 cars. The Coopers-Climax were the first post-war mid-engine F1 cars when Brahbam drove the Cooper "Bobtail" in 1955.

I think it was Sterling Moss who one the first "offical F1" race for a mid-engine car in a Cooper. Also the Cooper won the first offical World Championship for manufacturers in 1959, with Brahbam taking the Drivers Championship. Brabham supposibly helped in designing some of the Coopers. Maybe that is what you meant.

Sterling Moss won Lotus's first F1 race after already racing in Coopers. Actually Lotus were runners up in 1960 to Cooper.

The Lotus 25 was the first F1 car to have a monocoque chassis, that was the main reason why it did so well and became the poster boy for F1 cars, monocoque mid-engine. It handled so much better compared to its rivals because the suspension settings could be made softer since the body was so rigid, it was not the pure fact that it was an mid-engine car, since there were other mid-engine cars racing at the time, but the weight distribution was a key factor.

Brabham didn't start making his own cars until 1962-63, and didn't win until 66 but one of the main reasons for that was the fact his cars could hold 35 gallons and go an entire race without refueling.

I guess after all of that, all I am saying is Lotus weren't the first.

nextnsx.jpg

I know it is just R&T vision of what they think the NSX successor might be, but it looks a lot like the Mazel Identity i1 concept.

mazel-identity-i1-5770.jpg

mazel-identity-i1-5769.jpg

auto-show-photos.asp

auto-show-photos.asp

auto-show-photos.asp

Last edited:
07HN.jpg

Just thought I would throw another rumor image into the mix ;) (found it on google, no other supporting claims to give you on it).

Yet another objection charged thread about the replacement for the NSX...

Lots of calls for "Noooooo... Don't do it!"

I know a lot of us are curious about the next car, and I know that I have thrown my hat into the ring more than once to speculate on what we will eventually get.

I have said before, and feel fairly confident to repeat- I am of the belief that this R&T article is on target. Given the offerings of the competition I think it is entirely reasonable that Acura will produce a halo vehicle that features AWD, and a front mounted engine.

It won't be a step up from the NSX, and it won't be a step down- It will be a different car built for a different purpose, falling into a different catagory.

Like the M6 (I would draw parallels...)

In 1991 Honda set forth to prove their VTEC performance technology packaged into a handbuilt exotic car could run with the best sports vehicles in the world, and compete. In 1991 they were successful with the NSX. I think we can all agree that over the 15 years of production the NSX grew long in the tooth, and eventually even some inferior cars that it was never supposed to compete with surpassed the NSX in performance (see:Corvette Z06). After 15 years in production, Honda put the NSX to bed, leaving us to speculate: What comes next?

Today Honda is about technology- gadgetry. The new cars aren't about getting lighter, faster, and more nimble. The new cars are packaging electronics, driving aids, and interface. The current RL instrumentation bears resemblance to a cockpit from the Jetsons- guage cluster read outs, touch screen buttons, sat nav with traffic updates, and voice commands- Safety? Airbags everywhere- front, side, and side curtain bags- a virtual cocoon of safety... 15 years ago you couldn't get all that technology in one car- you couldn't even get it 5 years ago. Every model in the line contains some high techery- from the RSX, and TSX up through the MDX SUV.
The brand image of the company is migrating from going fast to going safe, and secure-

So I ask- Will the next high technology platform be a stripped down, light weight, mid engined sportscar?

What technology would such a vehicle demonstrate that could trickle down to you average products? What point would it prove?

It wouldn't.

There are those of us who will mourn the winds of change, and that is perfectly understandable. For those people fortunate enough to own, or have access to an NSX we have the greatness of the last project to embrace. Aren't you all so glad the NSX ended up being what it is?
I would like to cast a vote for satisfaction with the existing model, because i am very pleased to be able to go out and enjoy it.

It represents one of many highpoints in the automotive lexicon. I think it is a great car every time I get behind the wheel.

I also think it is a point that has been proven for Honda/Acura, so I accept the idea that the next car may not be a direct decendant.

This is part of the reason I am also comfortable with the car NOT being called NSX.

I also never liked the HSC- it just seems to be "missing something".

Flame suit on. :D

Philip

P.S.- and of course the disclaimer- I would be happy to be wrong.

Last edited:
Made in the USA said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the Auto Union C Type the first mid engine F1 cars. The Coopers-Climax were the first post-war mid-engine F1 cars when Brahbam drove the Cooper "Bobtail" in 1955.

I think it was Sterling Moss who one the first "offical F1" race for a mid-engine car in a Cooper. Also the Cooper won the first offical World Championship for manufacturers in 1959, with Brahbam taking the Drivers Championship. Brabham supposibly helped in designing some of the Coopers. Maybe that is what you meant.

Sterling Moss won Lotus's first F1 race after already racing in Coopers. Actually Lotus were runners up in 1960 to Cooper.

The Lotus 25 was the first F1 car to have a monocoque chassis, that was the main reason why it did so well and became the poster boy for F1 cars, monocoque mid-engine. It handled so much better compared to its rivals because the suspension settings could be made softer since the body was so rigid, it was not the pure fact that it was an mid-engine car, since there were other mid-engine cars racing at the time, but the weight distribution was a key factor.

Brabham didn't start making his own cars until 1962-63, and didn't win until 66 but one of the main reasons for that was the fact his cars could hold 35 gallons and go an entire race without refueling.

I guess after all of that, all I am saying is Lotus weren't the first.

I think you are indeed correct... :wink:

This car is ugly... right now... we all may love the body in 5 years and especially once it hits the streets and owners put their own personal touches to them... Like most cars that get "hot" it is an acquired taste... I am glad they are not coming out with a NEW NSX.... It makes the ones that we own that much better, rare, and classic.....:cool:

NSX Status said:
This car is ugly... right now... we all may love the body in 5 years and especially once it hits the streets and owners put their own personal touches to them... Like most cars that get "hot" it is an acquired taste... I am glad they are not coming out with a NEW NSX.... It makes the ones that we own that much better, rare, and classic.....:cool:

Werd.

I knew I wasn't alone

AU_NSX said:
That's okay... Your entitled to your opinion, I am intitled to LMAO at it...

Never said it was... Although it is far superior to ALL those cars you mentioned of which NONE I would consider a great track car...

No I didn't say that either... Is english your first language?

Now lets get away from "opinions" and state a fact...

The best PROVEN configuration for a sports car is mid-engine / rear drive. This was proven by Colin Chapman and Sir Jack Brabham back in the sixties with Colin Chapman's Lotus. That Lotus was the first mid-engine / rear drive F1 car ever and then went on to win the championship and all F1 cars winning championships thereafter have had a mid-engine / rear drive configuration.

Any car that is not a mid-engine / rear drive configuration is a compromise. That includes rear-engine / rear drive. An uncompromising sportscar has a mid-engine / rear drive configuration just like a F1 car...

:smile: its all true

H-carWizKid said:
blah blah stuff about new hondas :biggrin: ....

I agree with your concerns. I also think the next whatever it is will be bigger than the NSX, based on that rule of "every ten years add more cabin volume". But maybe we get lucky and they just leave out the seat rails.

Lady Six said:
I agree with your concerns. I also think the next whatever it is will be bigger than the NSX, based on that rule of "every ten years add more cabin volume". But maybe we get lucky and they just leave out the seat rails.

I Disagree!!! They will not treat a "world class super" car like the way you treat a Civic/Accord/Prelude/etc.

Despite the numerous speculations on the up and coming successor to the NSX, IMHO, It doesn't really matter what Acura/Honda come out with. The Successor will not be the NSX. It won't even be called the NSX. The NSX was created to show case Honda's dominance and glory in Formula One in the 80's and early 90's, the successor will not share that same purpose. Ayrton Senna and other remarkable engineers that developed the NSX will not be the ones to develop the successor, and the only relavence shared between the NSX and the new successor will be nothing more than the badge on the hood. It is like comparing the McLaren F1 to the McLaren Mercedes SLR. While Both are phenomal supercars, the original will always be better. I'm also sure that the owners of this new car will not even be on NSX prime:biggrin: So forget saving up your lunch money.. or pulling out a second mortgage on your home..I'm sticking with my NSX :biggrin:

William

WealthBuildR said:
Despite the numerous speculations on the up and coming successor to the NSX, IMHO, It doesn't really matter what Acura/Honda come out with. The Successor will not be the NSX. It won't even be called the NSX. The NSX was created to show case Honda's dominance and glory in Formula One in the 80's and early 90's, the successor will not share that same purpose. Ayrton Senna and other remarkable engineers that developed the NSX will not be the ones to develop the successor, and the only relavence shared between the NSX and the new successor will be nothing more than the badge on the hood. It is like comparing the McLaren F1 to the McLaren Mercedes SLR. While Both are phenomal supercars, the original will always be better. I'm also sure that the owners of this new car will not even be on NSX prime:biggrin: So forget saving up your lunch money.. or pulling out a second mortgage on your home..I'm sticking with my NSX :biggrin:

William

Well put.

Philip

that is a great looking CL and probably will be the next CL..who ever wrote that article either made a huge typo when saying "next NSX" or smoked way toooo much crack that day:eek: :biggrin:

there will never be another NSX, but wtf happened to the HSC:confused:

WealthBuildR said:

William

^^^^^^^
what he said:cool: :biggrin: :tongue:

:biggrin:

If Honda wants to be at the top of a particular group of automakers, it should at least be able to get the product to market within a couple of years of the competition's entry, or what is the point? A V-10 supercar with AWD was news in 2003.

Attachments

• s2kcover.gif
    s2kcover.gif
    65.6 KB · Views: 60
  • hsccover.gif
    hsccover.gif
    57.2 KB · Views: 103
  • bullshit.gif
    bullshit.gif
    49.8 KB · Views: 58
Can anyone tell me what happened to the HSC? I heard that the car was not going to be able to meet 06 crash standards or something? What happened?????????????????

Why has this websit not been updated in a year? Is nsxprime on the way out or beeen abandoned?

Honda NSX-Nachfolger: Kehrt marschDer japanische Autohersteller Honda hat seine Pläne für einen Nachfolger des Supersportwagens NSX wieder geändert. Das Konzept sieht jetzt einen GT als Aston Martin-Konkurrenten vor.
Nach 15 Jahren Mittelmotor-Supersportler favorisiert Honda mittlerweile ein V10-Front-Mittelmotor-Konzept mit Allradantrieb, das es ab Herbst 2007 unter anderem mit Hochkarätern wie dem Aston Martin DB 9 aufnehmen soll. Von diesem Chassis ließe sich dann auch eine neue Legend-Generation mit V8-Motor ableiten.
Zweite Honda-Überraschung: ein Kleinwagen im Mini-Look
Im Kleinwagensegment steht ebenfalls ein britisches Vorbild Pate: der Mini. Unterhalb des neuen Civic, der endlich auch wieder als Sportcoupé CRX aufgelegt werden soll, wird es nämlich künftig einen frechen kleinen Stadtwagen geben, der sich wie der neue Suzuki Swift in den Abmessungen und im Format stark an das Kult-Auto von BMW anlehnt.

Ein weiterer Hoffnungsschimmer am Horizont ist die für 2009 geplante Neuauflage des Accord, die sich stilistisch an der famosen Sports 4 Concept-Studie der Tokio Motor Show 2005 orientieren soll.

babel fish...

Honda NSX successor: March that turns Japanese automakers Honda its plans for a successor of the supersports car NSX again changed. The concept plans now a GT as Aston Martin competitor. After 15 years central engine supersportsman favors Honda meanwhile a V10-Front-Mittelmotor-Konzept with all-wheel drive, which is to be taken up it starting from autumn 2007 among other things with Hochkaraetern as the Aston Martin railways 9. From this chassis then also a new putting generation with V8-Motor could be derived. Second hone since surprise: a small car in the mini Look in the small car segment stands likewise a British model godfather: the mini. Below the new it will in the future give an impudent small city car, which leans like the new Suzuki Swift in the dimensions and in the format strongly against the cult car of BMW to Civic, which is to be presented finally also again as Sportcoupé CRX. A further hope glow on the horizon is the new edition of the Accord planned for 2009, which is to orient itself stylistic at the famosen sport 4 Concept study Tokyos engine show 2005.

another cadi rendering...

http://www.d.lycos.de/startseite/auto/newlook/images/large/14991_1124352214183.jpg

Attachments

• cadinsx2.gif
    cadinsx2.gif
    52.2 KB · Views: 101
More on the XGA...

Quote »
The internal name given to the S2000s replacement is XGA. We had thought all along that the XGA would be a 4-door sports car showcasing Hondas SH-AWD system used in the RL and its advanced hybrid technology (remember the Dual Note concept car?). Well, now were hearing the companys leaning toward producing a coupe based on the RL platform, but equipping it with either the V8 or V10 for the NSX replacement.
Honda will surely equip the luxury coupe with its SH-AWD system, creating a car that would match up with the likes of the Nissan GT-R. If the XGA & the next NSX make it to production as we foresee, it would mean that all of Hondas sporty cars would be AWD. Could Honda be trying to redefine the classic sports car formula, and change the way we think about sports cars and AWD? It’s a definite possibility because Honda has expressed that much confidence in the capabilities of the SH-AWD.

The XGA will be front engined, and will look different from the RL, and it may go head-to-head with the GT-R. A hint of its styling may be seen in the Sports4 Concept shown at the Tokyo Motor Show.

While its too early to tell when this car will be available, were sure that Honda is hard at work to reestablish its image as one of the worlds leading sports car makers. It shouldn’t be long after the end of the S2000s run that well start seeing exciting new stuff from this techno-driven company.

Attachments

• xga.gif
    xga.gif
    87.4 KB · Views: 59
the Sports4 Concept shown at the Tokyo Motor Show...

The Sports 4 is a study for a future Accord-sized sedan that showcases Honda's Super Handling All-Wheel Drive drivetrain, as used on the new Legend. While not nearly as advanced as the FCX, it's nevertheless a good-looking car that develops Honda's crisper, edgier look they've been promoting recently. The main interest is the front and rear LED lamps with fine-ribbed lines within the main graphic but also note the clean, vertical lips to wheelarches that are becoming a Honda design cue. Compared to the recent faces being explored by Honda on the FCX, WOW and Civic, the conventional pentagon grille at the front is looking a bit dated though.

The interior explores a more advanced theme, with an aluminium console sweeping gracefully upwards to become the upper IP surface. Below this lie layers of light coloured wood and black leather. The sporty picture is completed with four independent seats, two large dials and a pop-up Night Vision monitor.

Attachments

• sports4concept1.gif
    sports4concept1.gif
    94.7 KB · Views: 95
  • sports4concept2.gif
    sports4concept2.gif
    66.1 KB · Views: 81
  • sports4concept3.gif
    sports4concept3.gif
    69.8 KB · Views: 102
Back