R&T NSX Scanned

This is just so bad I had to scan it for all to see. I'll pass on that all day long. The Lexus looks 10x better.

nextnsx.jpg

They photochopped a Sports4 Concept and the back end of a Mitsu Eclipse. I'm not worried. Besides, it came from R&T. No one cares what they have to say anyhow.

I know this is just a photoshop, and I could easily make 9 more that look completely different, and post em online, and in 10 days there'd be a thread about them and how some honda designer leaked them.... blah

I do hope that they don't base the NSX on the current Acura line styling. I hope it is based on the NSX styling and becomes it's own identity, not based on the rest of the line. The sketch here is very based on current Acura styling. If this happens for the NSX, it will be unsuccessful.

Looks like the TL from the front......:tongue:

RP-Motorsports said:
This is NOT a Honda picture, it is a illistration by Road and Track, taking a "guess" at a car.

I can see a front engined "GT" with a V8, but still a mid-engined V10 for the NSX/HSC

I totally agree!

But thanks for the article NetViper...

Looks like the 2007 Supra.

Attachments

• 2007supra.gif
    2007supra.gif
    73.8 KB · Views: 310
HONDA Noooooooooooo! :eek: if your listing or checking out Prime kept the HSC :wink:

PS
HUD and night vision please

Last edited:
How many more cars or artist want to copy the line of Aston Martin??

IMO, Vantage V8, DB9 is just sexy as hell... but please leave Aston alone.

If Honda makes a car look like that picture up there, it will be another Honda self destructing V.3.xx strategy. ;)

i hope it doesn't get all round and bubbly when the successor finally comes out.
i do have a feeling its going to look like a tear drop though =o

Screw the artist renderring. What worries me is all this talk about a front engine design. For me, this will be the killing blow. If that little fact does indeed end up in the new NSX, I for one will likely never own one. I have not waited 15 years for Acura to come out with the next Supra.

Juice said:
Screw the artist renderring. What worries me is all this talk about a front engine design. For me, this will be the killing blow. If that little fact does indeed end up in the new NSX, I for one will likely never own one. I have not waited 15 years for Acura to come out with the next Supra.

I agree 100%.

That car looks like a M6. I don't have a problem if they come out with a competitor for the M6, but please don't call it NSX or an NSX replacement.

Honda realized the HSC styling wasn't that spectacular. So they restyle it and also considered a more significant engine.

I hope they did not give up on that path. This front engine illustrations is not a Sports car. It is a GT. Damn shame if this is the NSX replacement.

From an economy of scales perspective, it does make sense to go to Front engine-rear drive platform since that what's in the plans for the next generation RL. I hope this is not true since no sports car should be sharing platforms with a luxury sedan. Then again, Honda isn't shy about mixing it up since the RL is based on the same platform as the TL, TSX, and Accord.

The V8 engine option will likely be shared (with slight tweaks) for the next RL. Hence, I'm not holding my breath for a flat crank-Ferrari sounding-engine note. It will likely be a 360 degree crank - Camaro sounding engine.

I hate to say "I TOLD YOU SO!", but I just did :D. I've been saying again and again, that alot the designers at HONDA are worried that the next NSX might be front engined. They've complained that there is nothing exciting left happening at Honda because the latest rumor they heard was that the V-10 might be relocated to the front of the car. Again, I repeat, I did not hear this from "dealers" or "mechanics" or "fanbois", but rather from car designers AT HONDA.

I showed them this article and they laughed at the picture, but the article is somewhat relevant.

if it looks like that and its in the front then I will not get one. Ill just save more money and get a Lambo. It has to look like the HSC or no one who loves the NSX will get one. Well mabe people with no taist. :smile:

VampNSX said:
if it looks like that and its in the front then I will not get one. Ill just save more money and get a Lambo. It has to look like the HSC or no one who loves the NSX will get one. Well mabe people with no taist. :smile:

I agree...I don't care how good it performs, if the relocate the motor to the front and claim it as the NSX replacement, I'll spend my money elsewhere....unless it looks better than an Aston Martin. :D :D :D

If Honda sells that car as an M6 competitor and in the price range of $60-70K it will be a sales juggernaut. It could bridge the gap between the luxury of the Lexus SC430 and the power/sportiness of the M6.

But it will NOT be a sports car, and to call that the NSX replacement is a terrible shame. There's no racing heritage or purity in a car like that.

i do not want a front engine or awd nsx. my money will also go elsewhere. i want light weight simplicity, a car that is meant to be driven, with computers and unnescessary equipment kept to a minimum.:mad:

a mix of Bentley Continental GT and Aston MArtin.

that car's looks does not measure up to be an NSX replacement

Back