• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

R-P Motorsports

:biggrin: I would like to thank Tom for working with me on my new wheels and tires. I had to replace those god-awful stockers from 1992 but didn't want to spend 3-4 grand because I wanted to put the money into go fast parts for my new daily driver (EVO MR). Well, I ended up with Enkei RPM2s 17/18 and Ecsta MX tires. I am really pleased with what I am getting for the money and can't wait for them to get here. I will post pics.

"Smokin Prices" and great service..........now get me my frickin' dubs Tom! :D :biggrin: :biggrin:

PS - Sorry about your UMW last night, Bruce Weber is a dickhead.

Hey...I"m ordering with RP Motorsports for the first time. So far so good...he has been excellent in services....and pricing too.

There's a local store nearby that can order the same rims, but they have no clue of what offset I need for the car. Also, their service sucks...doesn't even return my email or questions. Honestly, I don't mind paying more money to pick it up locally, but I might as well help the NSX community.

With excellent services and pricing, I wouldn't be surpised he'll win more business from local vendors.

I even recommend a friend with a WRX to him for some upgrade.

Last edited:
I had the same experience with my local shop. Seems like they are to busy ordering 22s in chrome with spinners.

Engel07 said:
Hey...I"m ordering with RP Motorsports for the first time. So far so good...he has been excellent in services....and pricing too.

There's a local store nearby that can order the same rims, but they have no clue of what offset I need for the car. Also, their service sucks...doesn't even return my email or questions. Honestly, I don't mind paying more money to pick it up locally, but I might as well help the NSX community.

With excellent services and pricing, I wouldn't be surpised he'll win more business from local vendors.

I even recommend a friend with a WRX to him for some upgrade.

I ordered a set of Volks and two sets of tires so far from RP Motorsports. Great guy and great service.

I just recieved my 5zigen fn01r-c wheels from rp motorsports and am pretty happy with it. Just a couple problems were they gave me the wrong hub rings so i had to buy the correct ones from a discount tire nearby, and also there was a small chip on one of the rear wheels. I guess you take that risk when you order wheels through the mail. One good thing is they sent a full set of gorilla lug nuts with the wheels.

Edit: I would just like to make sure everybody knows. Any problems I had are not Toms fault but rather the fault of discount tire which is where the wheels and tires come from.

Last edited:
jeez tom, look at this lovefest! looks like your track days are paid for this year :tongue: :wink:

Thanks guys. I believe after intense studying of the NSX offsets, rim width, and tire size issue over the winter I have finally mastered it. I am lucky to have some great distributors from back before the Fast and the Furious days, that have treated me well. I dealt with all of the normal 16-25 yr old crowd and the altezza taillights, blue bulbs, GTP and Versus body kits, and fake coilovers for 5 years too long! I gotta thank Steve "NSX 3.0" for being the first in the group to dump the SCC, and upgrade to the NSX. I soon followed. I also track my car every year, and most of my friends are NSX and M3 guys. I then decided to just help out my fellow trackers with some great prices, and the best service that I have time for. I appreciate those who understand that email works way better for me than talking on the phone. 99/100 times when someone calls, I am not in front of my info and/or the computer anyway. I also travel the USA, and always try to meet up with fellow NSX owners (especially customers :wink: )

Just like my old store, word of mouth is unbelievable! Thanks

Tom

I just wanted to let everyone know. I got the correct size hub rings and got them rebalanced and now it is better.

Last edited:
The wobble came back after a couple days of driving. No I didnt hit anything.

I don't even use those centering rings on either of my street GTC's or my SSR GT1-track rims. Your lug nuts center your rim when torqued down. Maybe you should have the tire place look at it real close to see if the rim is out of wack I have had a defective rim in the past.

vtecNSX1 said:
The wobble came back after a couple days of driving. No I didnt hit anything.

I took mine and had them "road force balanced." The break the tire an rim down and set them up so minimal weight is needed. I think they also apply some force to the tire when they spin it. My are perfect after a $150.00 balance job.

Back