R.i.p.

Now that you have the car: can you take a look at something for me?

I suspect that the harness where drivers right foot is has been disconnected, this is the harness with the heavy guage wire (~10ga).
I'm also going to guess that the starter cut relay is in the steering column.

This is my guess on how they stole your car:
The bastards brought their own ignition switch, plugged it into the harness, started it and drove off. They might have even abandoned their bypass device in your car.

Just curious. I recently replaced my ignition switch on my car and found this issue. Seems the switch is quite generic as well as the connector. It is also very accessible...

Drew
/new to thread
//As for alarms: you can make they quite bullet proof. But you have to have at least the following: 1) Normally open cut circuit, 2) Must install yourself, 3) install alarm in the most inconvenient place possible and 4) cut fuel or spark. They will need a tow truck or a gun to take your car. If you do not have "normally open" you have junk for an alarm...just throw it in the trash....and that would cover 99.9% of the vipers, cliffords, whatever...

I've actually had a two of my installs "field tested", the bozos made a real mess of the cars...on one car they tried very hard and were very persistant. they still failed.

Back