Questionnaire for Ted Klaus

When asked about whether another Ayrton Senna would have involvement in the car, Ted said that the team was looking for input from respected and talented drivers but did not name anyone specifically.

I asked if the NSX would get a real manual transmission. He answered it was going to be DSG with paddle shifters but wasn't ruling out other possibilities. Also: "manual trans drivers need to get a life :smile: "

Is this a reference to those previous discussions about whether it's possible for two people to have sex inside an NSX? :biggrin:

and, the answer is...................................................................

Although it was great that Ted came out, I found that I left with knowing nothing that I didn't already know. It was more politician-like answers of: "I can comment on that," or "You are just going to have to trust Acura to make the best NSX we can."
I was pretty disappointed with the lack of information. I understand he can't tell every specific detail of the design, but it would have been nice to tell "us" more than what is already known.

Although it was great that Ted came out, I found that I left with knowing nothing that I didn't already know. It was more politician-like answers of: "I can comment on that," or "You are just going to have to trust Acura to make the best NSX we can."
I was pretty disappointed with the lack of information. I understand he can't tell every specific detail of the design, but it would have been nice to tell "us" more than what is already known.

Right. Sounds like we don't know any more than before other than the price may be a bit lower than we thought, because he said about the base model R8?

Actually, what he said was that the price would be lower than the R8, and the performance target is the 458. Neither of which was previously publicly known.

Similarly, it was not previously publicly known that they're considering multiple variants and that they are considering an evolutionary path in the years following the initial intro, which may include an open-top version.

He also discussed some of the design features and objectives, and that primary objectives focused on downforce and air management, rather than specific performance numbers. Again, not previously publicly known.

Those who claim we didn't hear anything we didn't already know, either weren't there or weren't paying attention.

Last edited:
Actually, what he said was that the price would be lower than the R8, and the performance target is the 458. Neither of which was previously publicly known.

Similarly, it was not previously publicly known that they're considering multiple variants and that they are considering an evolutionary path in the years following the initial intro, which may include an open-top version.

Those who claim we didn't hear anything we didn't already know, weren't there.

Oh so multiple versions were confirmed? I thought that was speculation. Did he give any detail?

Can we post the video bob? I'd love to see it!

Oh so multiple versions were confirmed? I thought that was speculation. Did he give any detail?
He confirmed that they were considering multiple versions, both in the initial intro and in the future. Nothing confirmed because those are decisions they have not yet made.

Already knew there were multiple versions being considered, already knew the 458 was the target, already knew that an open top variant was on the table. Soooooooooo, like I said, I walked out of the banquet room not knowing anything I didn't already know. I am sorry if it offends you, but there was not any worth while information presented at the talk. And I was there. I sat on the left of Ted Klaus, even shook his hand.

He also said that any NSX owner who could run the Ring faster than Senna in an NSX could be the test driver.

Dave, you should be happy to know that Ted's favorite color(s) on the original/gen1 NSX is silver (any of the three).

Also, he was very intrigued by the wide range of wheel selections everyone had.

And he also said, performance modifications (whatever they may be) are hard to be done correctly.

There is more, but let me get some rest.

And there were so many more I should've/could've asked, especially for the banquet hall grilling. I have one that I think would've got a standing ovation.

But honestly, it was all very uncomfortable to me.

I did video it......
Thank you Bob! I was hoping someone did. Too much "info" to take in at once.

Is this a reference to those previous discussions about whether it's possible for two people to have sex inside an NSX? :biggrin:
Oh my. :redface:

He also said that any NSX owner who could run the Ring faster than Senna in an NSX could be the test driver.
Really Bob? Did he really say that? I might vaguely recall, but again too much going on.

It sounds like I should wait for the future versions. And it always will have minor flaws in the 1st version.
Right, just like the first-generation NSX did. Too bad for all those who bought the first generation NSX. They should have waited for future versions. :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

Already knew there were multiple versions being considered, already knew the 458 was the target, already knew that an open top variant was on the table. Soooooooooo, like I said, I walked out of the banquet room not knowing anything I didn't already know. I am sorry if it offends you, but there was not any worth while information presented at the talk. And I was there. I sat on the left of Ted Klaus, even shook his hand.
I'm sorry you didn't learn anything, Mr. Uehara. :tongue:

Bob where is the video?

sev-girl-confused-062310-mdn.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

what does the photo have to do with it you ask...

nothing.

I am fairly confident this was posted in recent weeks here or on another site. I was not at the event and this is publicly known.

I want to say it was an interview Motortrend had with Ted Klaus.

Bob where is the video?

sev-girl-confused-062310-mdn.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

what does the photo have to do with it you ask...

nothing.

LOL, this photo has a lot to do with it..... It can be " I'm all yours, if you do this for me" or " Sugar Daddy, can I have that......" and ...........................................:biggrin:.

I asked if the NSX would get a real manual transmission. He answered it was going to be DSG with paddle shifters but wasn't ruling out other possibilities...

If he said "wasn't ruling out other possibilites", than it sounds like a manual in still a possibility. What else is there? A slush box or a CVT? I think not.

If manual is a possibility, it must be a non-hybrid. Honda of recent has stayed away from hybrid/manual trans combos. Here's to the possibility of a manual trans. Bring it on, and don't make us wait a few more years after intro. Some of us don't want the mass associated with the Hybrid. Honda is not Santa. If you offer us one size fits all, some of us will turn towards other marques.

Lastly, ditch the Beak ,Honda. Don't add on an ugly feature only for the sake of product line identity.

Really Bob? Did he really say that? I might vaguely recall, but again too much going on.

I was being a little sarcastic. But he did say that there is probably not a single NSX owner who could best Senna's time at a track in the same car.

If he said "wasn't ruling out other possibilites", than it sounds like a manual in still a possibility. What else is there? A slush box or a CVT? I think not.

If manual is a possibility, it must be a non-hybrid. Honda of recent has stayed away from hybrid/manual trans combos. Here's to the possibility of a manual trans. Bring it on, and don't make us wait a few more years after intro. Some of us don't want the mass associated with the Hybrid. Honda is not Santa. If you offer us one size fits all, some of us will turn towards other marques.

Lastly, ditch the Beak ,Honda. Don't add on an ugly feature only for the sake of product line identity.

Honestly it sounded more like a CYA answer more than anything. Honda has a hybrid/manual trans. combination in the CR-Z, so IMHO it is not a technical hurdle to overcome. It is more of a market demand issue.

The beak issue was the very first question asked I believe, and it was brought up multiple times that it was a functional component in-line with all the effort to build downforce in the NSX.

The beak issue was the very first question asked I believe, and it was brought up multiple times that it was a functional component in-line with all the effort to build downforce in the NSX.

This might build a lot of downforce too... doesn't mean it should be on the car.

RiceARoni.jpg

This might build a lot of downforce too... doesn't mean it should be on the car.

RiceARoni.jpg

Damn I like where they're going with that exhaust, one pipe per cylinder! Forget those overly complex header designs :biggrin:
Maybe you could gently roll the car up against a wall and flatten the beak out a tad? Something tells me Downforce is going to make a lot of money selling a slightly modified hood/front bumper.

Back