Questionnaire for Ted Klaus

Ladies and Gents... The beak stays. Like it or not.

The tomorrow question.......Will Honda offer 3 different packages as the rumor is running around?

1. Mugen - 500 PS, Rear Wheel Drive, light weight, hybrid omitted
2. Type R - 600+ PS, AWD, Hybrid
3. Standard NSX - 550-600 PS, AWD, Hybrid

He didn't specify being released as a 2015 model which would mean hitting the showroom in late 2014.

Well? Is he?

I think he is - A friend from Columbus sent me this photo last year of a white NSX that's been spotted a few times over the last year or two. I personally suspected it was Ted from the start but I've been too afraid to share my blowhardy petty opinion about that until now. :)

Screen Shot 2013-10-13 at 8.22.24 AM.jpg

For some reason I'm glad it'll retain some lineage and originality with the V6. If the e-motors provide some low-end start off grunt that's lacking with most V6's then that could check my personal agenda about wanting something New and eXperimental of sorts to separate the new NSX from any other supercar with big & heavy engines. Even though Ted obviously has a corporate line to tow about certain design & functional hardpoints that he'd never be able to reset even if he wanted to, I'm very glad to hear that he spent lots of 1:1 time with folk who I'm sure were willing to share their opinions. How boring would it have been to be in a room where the audience had no personal agendas or opinions and the speaker deflected every tough question, lol!

Ha ha it's all good! I do have some strong opinions about automotive design and tend to vent my frustrations out on Prime. Very therapeutic for me.

Didn't realize you were from Columbus until today. It's late in 2013 but let me know when there's something good going on there to bring the NSX to and give me a reason to eat at Easy Street Cafe again.

Can someone please ask him about plug-in capability.

Can someone please ask him about plug-in capability.
He's already spoken, answered questions, and left.

- - - Updated - - -

#17 Since it will be built in Ohio, what are the chances of the NSX-R being introduced into the U.S. market?
He said that the only reason the first generations of the NSX-R were not sold in the U.S. market was concern about its marketability. And although he didn't make this point, given the lack of enthusiasm for buying the Zanardi when it was new, that concern was warranted.

He only alluded vaguely but it sounds like they may be considering higher-performance variations for the second-generation.

Probably Honda/Acura will be watching sales figures very closely before they commit to variants, however this car will be designed with alternatives in mind if demand justifies it.
Mclaren is a perfect example there will likely be 4 cars made out of that one carbon tub, all different but same underneath.

Did anyone ask about their relationship with an F1 driver on the car?

Yes. But I don't remember the detailed answer.

LOL... you guys stink man... were you all drunk? :D I would have video'ed the entire time he was there. An hour and a half and all we get is like 5 bullet points from Bob?

I did video it......

you+da+man.jpg

When can you upload it?

Last edited:
Did anyone ask about their relationship with an F1 driver on the car?

I think I remember him touching upon that here. I haven't watched many others but there are some other interviews on youtube also.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/19F07bmgYfY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back