Question for previous Z owners

So i found the NSX of my dreams and its local, I read up that a lot of the nsx owners were previous Z owners.

did you guys ever have any regrets? i couldnt take the smile off my face when i drove the nsx for the whole hour

I've had a few regrets, one based on it was a newer car, zero squeaks/rattles, under warranty. Would I do it again? Yes, in a heartbeat. While I enjoyed the Z, they are on every streetcorner. I must say, if you are like me and don't like alot of attention then the NSX is not for you. Seems anywhere I go in my town I am the center of attention at any redlight or grocery store. It is a wonderful car to own.:smile:

i remember seeing your post davidf, i was so surprised you got a NSX

im glad to hear your opinion, i dont like much attention but i wouldnt be driving much . but hey its nice once in awhile right?

well i always loved the NSX and it will be mine soon ;]

I didn't have the Z but I had a 01 325 vert. After I bought the 97 NSX, I always look back at it when I get out of the car and walk away. It's silly but it puts a spell over you.

So i found the NSX of my dreams and its local, I read up that a lot of the nsx owners were previous Z owners.

did you guys ever have any regrets? i couldnt take the smile off my face when i drove the nsx for the whole hour

I have a 1990 300ZX TT Stage III. Since the car was so reliable, I saved my $s until I wore the ZX out. By that time, I had enough to purchase an early (91) NSX...so I have both, fore-stalling regrets.

These are not virgin, low mileage, garage queens/show cars...they are driven (not abused).

I have a 1990 300ZX NA that I bought brand new and still have and I bought a 95 NSX 1 year ago. No comparison! Things I first noticed: NSX is more solid and better built, better visibility (love the low cowl and huge windshield), much quicker, better handling and ride and because of the lower weight feels much more nimble. Because the 300ZX has a T top and because I've had leakage and rattling issues I wanted to get a coupe rather than targa NSX. However, the NSX targa has been rattle and leakfree and overall the top mechanism is much better designed. Only regret is that I waited too long to get the NSX.

Which would you be talking about? The regrets/rewards would differ depending on which Z. Like someone mentioned earlier with having a new car/warranty etc... the Z32/Z31/280Z owners wouldn't apply to this since they're also older. You also don't see Z32's on every street corner as you would 350Z's.

I had a '95 arctic white pearl 300ZX twin turbo. It was stage 3+++ so it was pretty quick in a straight line. I do miss the rush of turbo power but I don't regret ending up with the NSX one bit. :) Interiors are practically indentical lol.

Which would you be talking about? The regrets/rewards would differ depending on which Z. Like someone mentioned earlier with having a new car/warranty etc... the Z32/Z31/280Z owners wouldn't apply to this since they're also older. You also don't see Z32's on every street corner as you would 350Z's.

I had a '95 arctic white pearl 300ZX twin turbo. It was stage 3+++ so it was pretty quick in a straight line. I do miss the rush of turbo power but I don't regret ending up with the NSX one bit. :) Interiors are practically indentical lol.

Agreed...it is rare to see another ZX-TT...but not as rare as an NSX. Also, the ZX with ~400hp (353 rwhp dyno) and all its weight is a Japanese "muscle car".

The NSX is refreshingly tight/nimble...but the ZX can MELT the highway miles.
The ZX goes swoosh to about 5-6,000 rpm while the NSX screams to a much higher redline!

Really I cant stand the Z interior. I feel its so 80's

I drove a '93TTZ for 7 years and put over 150,000 miles on it. Loved it! By the end it was 500+rwhp and had been through 2 bodykits, LOL. One of the best things about the Z was the community and people.

That said, it just doesn't have the same feel the NSX does. I ended up selling it because I didn't drive it too much anymore. If given the choice of which one to drive, I always chose the NSX. Then to satisfy my turbo needs and "rainy day" driving needs, I picked up a Syclone.

I had a 350Z...modded N/A stuff. I really liked that car.

I haven't missed it one day since picking up the NSX.

Yeah, many Z friends think I'm crazy for going back in time 13-14 years and spending $30,000+. They said "You can buy a new car for that price," I like to own rare cars. I don't like to be like everyone else.

I had a 350Z...modded N/A stuff. I really liked that car.

I haven't missed it one day since picking up the NSX.
I had a lot of money in my Z cosmetically [alot] and though I have no real regrets selling it [sold to a friend] I do see it running around pretty much all week and I just never get tired of looking at it. I've actually had a couple of guys looking at my car asking a few questions and ask if I've seen the silver Z running around. I proudly say, "yeah I sold that to get this".:tongue:

I have a 1990 300ZX NA that I bought brand new and still have and I bought a 95 NSX 1 year ago. No comparison! Things I first noticed: NSX is more solid and better built, better visibility (love the low cowl and huge windshield), much quicker, better handling and ride and because of the lower weight feels much more nimble. Because the 300ZX has a T top and because I've had leakage and rattling issues I wanted to get a coupe rather than targa NSX. However, the NSX targa has been rattle and leakfree and overall the top mechanism is much better designed. Only regret is that I waited too long to get the NSX.

I've had a 91 TT Z since 1994 and I have enjoyed it. I have always wanted an NSX and still plan to get one when I can better afford it. Even though I have never driven or even sat in one (very much looking forward to my first ride), I KNOW it is what I want; just like I knew I wanted the Z before driving or riding in one. I have always assumed the NSX was "quicker", until seeing this post: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=811948&postcount=102. When I posted to the forum asking about the differences between the Z and NSX a long time ago, it was mentioned the the NSX is faster which I thoroughly believed. Is the NA1 NSX really "quicker"? Now I do believe the NA2 is faster than the Z, and that is my goal. Don’t get me wrong, the purpose of my post is not at all to boast or claim the Z is faster – but just the opposite. I hope the NSX is faster, so it will be an all-around performance upgrade when I am ready to take that step. So what is the deal with these stats?

I'll just say I sold my 350Z to get the 95 NSX Targa. Perhaps if the 350Z had a T-Top or something besides only a convertible option I would have kept it, but there's really no comparison between the Z and the looks/stares I get in the NSX. No regrets here.

I have a Stage VI+ Z I have owned for 7 years and know every nut and bolt in it . I am just a bit tired of it and they are getting to be very common , when i first bought it it turned heads all the time , not anymore . I'm not in for turning heads BTW , I'm a performance junky . I am yet to see an NSX on the street , and I like that fact . I will miss the gut wrenching Z32 performance . I found the NSX cabin very similar to the ZX just not as nice .
Heres my ride

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

I have a Stage VI+ Z I have owned for 7 years and know every nut and bolt in it . I am just a bit tired of it and they are getting to be very common , when i first bought it it turned heads all the time , not anymore . I'm not in for turning heads BTW , I'm a performance junky . I am yet to see an NSX on the street , and I like that fact . I will miss the gut wrenching Z32 performance . I found the NSX cabin very similar to the ZX just not as nice .

Are you on Twinturbo.net?
Are you selling the ZX?

awesome :D ill let u guys know the update on the nsx

I found the NSX cabin very similar to the ZX just not as nice .

So you think the Z's cabin is nicer than the NSX's? I've never heard that. I know they are very similar (I've only seen pics of the NSX). I thought the NSX would be a little nicer since I believe it is more detailed with the stitching and such.

So you think the Z's cabin is nicer than the NSX's? I've never heard that. I know they are very similar (I've only seen pics of the NSX). I thought the NSX would be a little nicer since I believe it is more detailed with the stitching and such.

Sorry I mixed that up , it the other way around , the NSX cabin is nicer but similar .

Back