• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Puzzled by the whp gain after ITB

5k = gets it to your door...

1100 - aem / or 700-800 for fic and harness… everyone forgets the harness isn’t cheap

600-800 injectors

150.00 fule pump – 150.00 - installed

500-800 = install

100 - tow or rental

tune - 800-1500

good summary thanks. Only item I wasn't expecting is injectors. I wasn't expecting ITB's to pull that much more fuel. Is it essential to upgrade injectors, or only desirable?

In addition, the other "hidden" cost with the AEM EMS is that it is almost necessary to run the UEGO. Add another $400 or so.

good summary thanks. Only item I wasn't expecting is injectors. I wasn't expecting ITB's to pull that much more fuel. Is it essential to upgrade injectors, or only desirable?

I dont think stock injectors are possible... your forced to buy them...

itb's haven't been sold to the masses on the nsx forever because of space... not because they are too hard to figure out.. ITB's on Hondas took off once the ecu's could manage them.

The super GT nsx's rocked the it-bells... with a longitudinal set up though.. its the only way they fit under the hatch.

I remember 8-9 years ago at a PCA event that didn't have enough Porsches registered.. A client called and asked if I knew any NSX guys to fill the spots.

I was in my almost stock NSX on the track for probably the 3rd time.. Chris showed up and dropped everyone jaw with his white widebody... until the sessions started.

I think the car made it around the track 4-5 times that day... Rumor has it the motor detonated shortly after that...

Which I find hilarious that others are installing this without filters... oh yeah.. theres no space for filters...

Filters were one of the many problems.. looks like some others were figured out. I know of a few that aren't.

HP gains would be much higher on a 13-1 high compression build with e85 or q16.. but that's race car stuff.

I feel bad for the owner who buys that set up and actually drives his car. I think GSRBoy will drive his.. often.. but he is smart enough to figure things out.. like filters..

I'd like to see a car on the street for 6 months.. I don't think na1-na2 nsx drives his car... even tony drove it in the video...

my $.02

I drive my car, thus far I have logged 3k+ miles w/o filters and I do have filters for my set up just not installed. That means I have my set up since the summer.
looking to drive my car to this year's NSXPO.;)
Pretty bad guess if you think I don't drive my car!
Someone made a comment on "too many people think they know it all" was spot on.

Last edited:
I drive my car, thus far I have logged 3k+ miles w/o filters and I do have filters for my set up just not installed. That means I have my set up since the summer.
looking to drive my car to this year's NSXPO.;)
Pretty bad guess if you think I don't drive my car!

I said "dont think" you drive your car.. as in I dont know everything.. so i'll be sure to let you know I was assuming... buy plugging "think" into the sentence.

as far as 3k... I mean truely drive the car.. like.. how hard do you drive it.. not how far... so many sos builds nevr hit the track... I cant imagine they drive hard on the street.... but thats water under the bridge.

and FWIW on that know it all... I know why you only went up 41 hp... so know alot.. not know it all.

That comment follows me on every post now from our new member Caroline-NSX who got offended when I told her that her car stereo install had a problem. It wasn't pointed at anyone else. She's either 16 or is running on a 40 watt light bulb or both. You'll see why soon enough if you don't know her yet. She's making friends here left and right.

Either way I'd ignore the comment. It wasn't directed at you Dan or at Ross.

Last edited:
probably best to ignore that completely, could be a "flamer on a mission". Remember when this site got overloaded recently by an individual with similar approach.

Back