Pulled the trigger on a '92!

Hello everyone, I just wanted to drop in to introduce myself. My name is Robert, and I just picked up a 1992 NA1 NSX! Being a long time fan of Honda, F1 and Senna since high school, it was only a matter of time before I picked up my childhood dream car. I had been in the market and lurking on prime for the last year or so, looking for the right NSX. To be honest, I was hoping to just find a clean stock car, but luckily I found a local car with a lot of the mods I wanted. Mainly, the GruppeM supercharger! After being in contact with the owner over the last two weeks, we were able to get all the paperwork done and I picked up the car last Friday. I couldn't be happier! I've already met a few members from Prime and have heard nothing but great things about the NSX community. I hope to meet many more of you over the course of owning this beautiful machine.

Welcome to NSX ownership! Look forward to seeing your posts, Congrats :biggrin:

Thank you Cincy! I still find myself opening the garage door every now and then to make sure it's real. I still remember when I was in high school, and I went into an Acura dealership by my parents house to ask for a brochure only to be laughed at. Feels good to make my dream a reality.

Thank you Cincy! I still find myself opening the garage door every now and then to make sure it's real. I still remember when I was in high school, and I went into an Acura dealership by my parents house to ask for a brochure only to be laughed at. Feels good to make my dream a reality.

Awesome!!!

I got my NSX a month ago and still go out to the garage to look at it too!

What is it with dealers acting that way? I was lucky; the local dealers were all super nice to me even in high school. Got to sit in a Zanardi (Hopkins Acura in Redwood City) as well as other NSXs they had in the showroom. The Lotus dealer (Boardwalk in Redwood City) also let us sit in the Esprit Turbos.

Last edited:

I understand the feeling completely. I go out into the garage with the same nastalgia, and just stare at it, looks bad ass even with the cover on lol

CStricker, congrats on your purchase as well! It's a shame that dealership was rude, but in reality, it just helped fuel me to achieve my dreams even more.

Cincy, I need to get a cover soon! I was thinking about getting the one from Science of Speed. Which cover do you have?

CStricker, congrats on your purchase as well! It's a shame that dealership was rude, but in reality, it just helped fuel me to achieve my dreams even more.

Cincy, I need to get a cover soon! I was thinking about getting the one from Science of Speed. Which cover do you have?

i'm on my 3rd cover in 3 months. didnt like the fit of the first two and reached out to Brian at SourceOne registered vendor on here. He got me a great fit, black, satin. even delivered it to my house. Ive heard the SOS covers are a good fit as well

my cover

Attachments

• garage pic.jpg
    garage pic.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 339
Looks like it is in excellent shape - and mods that are very tastefully done! Congrats - worth the long wait I am sure. Yes, the Science of Speed cover is the deal - fits like a glove. And trust me, going into the garage to gaze at her never stops! Cheers, Jay

Congrats its a beaut!

And i have a sos cover its an amazing fit on the car :))

Nice! I'll have to get one on order soon. I love black cars, but hate how quickly they get dirty from even just sitting.

i'm on my 3rd cover in 3 months. didnt like the fit of the first two and reached out to Brian at SourceOne registered vendor on here. He got me a great fit, black, satin. even delivered it to my house. Ive heard the SOS covers are a good fit as well

Awesome, thank you for the feedback, I think I'll go the SOS route.

Nice! I'll have to get one on order soon. I love black cars, but hate how quickly they get dirty from even just sitting.

Awesome, thank you for the feedback, I think I'll go the SOS route.

Lol i agree with you on this .... So hard to keep it clean
agemeped.jpg

Here is my cover

And
8unejeve.jpg

So hard to keep that black dust free

Looks like it is in excellent shape - and mods that are very tastefully done! Congrats - worth the long wait I am sure. Yes, the Science of Speed cover is the deal - fits like a glove. And trust me, going into the garage to gaze at her never stops! Cheers, Jay

Thank you! It definitely was worth the wait. I've read other NSX owners mention they never stop gazing as well. I am truly amazed that a 22 year old car can still make my heart race.

Hey congratulations and welcome to the family!

Thank you!

Welcome to the community. If you haven't been lurking on Prime prior to your purchase, you may not be aware of a great resource on this site .. the NSX Wiki ..which can be accessed off the red action bar at the top of most pages. It's broken into sections that you might find useful as you do basic maintenance on the car or consider mods. Unfortunately, the Wiki is currently locked from updates but there's a lot of good content already in there.
Enjoy your new ride.

I am on my second NSX and I open the garage to make sure I am not dreaming on a weekly basis... Congrats.

Welcome to the community. If you haven't been lurking on Prime prior to your purchase, you may not be aware of a great resource on this site .. the NSX Wiki ..which can be accessed off the red action bar at the top of most pages. It's broken into sections that you might find useful as you do basic maintenance on the car or consider mods. Unfortunately, the Wiki is currently locked from updates but there's a lot of good content already in there.
Enjoy your new ride.

Awesome, thank you for the tip, I'll definitely need to read up more on the car now that I actually own one. Thanks again.

Welcome to the club

Thank you, feels good to finally own an NSX instead of just lurking around. haha

Great find! Welcome to the club.

I considered buying this car a long time ago. I believe it use to belong to prime member Bonez:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/169309-92-Black-Black-JH4NA1156NT000978-5sp-Gruppe-M-SC-NSX-R-Gears-(Well-Known-Car)?highlight=Gruppe

Yup that's the one! I actually saw that post a few months after it sold to the 3rd owner and was a little bummed I didn't come across it sooner before it was sold. I guess it was fate, the 3rd owner lives about 15 minutes from me and the car is still in minty fresh condition!

I am on my second NSX and I open the garage to make sure I am not dreaming on a weekly basis... Congrats.

That's awesome, the NSX is truly a beautiful car. Hopefully I can follow your footsteps and own a second one as well one day.

I wish able was able to keep them both but, alas..., had to sell one for the other at the time. Although I now may be able to get another. We'll see...

Yup that's the one! I actually saw that post a few months after it sold to the 3rd owner and was a little bummed I didn't come across it sooner before it was sold. I guess it was fate, the 3rd owner lives about 15 minutes from me and the car is still in minty fresh condition!

Just curious why the previous owner got rid of it so soon???

I wish able was able to keep them both but, alas..., had to sell one for the other at the time. Although I now may be able to get another. We'll see...

I'd tell you not to because it's not a good financial decision...but I can't even listen to my own advice, I'm the worst car hoarder.

Just curious why the previous owner got rid of it so soon???

He said he wanted to purchase a home.

Chewy,
What your rough location in the country?

Note: careful with car covers. Only put on when both the car and the cover are clean. I stopped using one except for winter storage myself. Start watch drive clean on you tube. Over loving our cars is where most of the paint damage comes from. You will see my paint being repaired if you search 'hard and soft paint NSX' on you tube. Larry is a king...

Chewy,
What your rough location in the country?

Note: careful with car covers. Only put on when both the car and the cover are clean. I stopped using one except for winter storage myself. Start watch drive clean on you tube. Over loving our cars is where most of the paint damage comes from. You will see my paint being repaired if you search 'hard and soft paint NSX' on you tube. Larry is a king...

I'm located in the suburbs east of Los Angeles. Interesting, I'll definitely have to check out the vids on YouTube, thank you for the suggestion. The car has been sitting in my garage since Friday..took it out for a quick spin on Saturday night..but so far the dust hasn't been too bad.

Back