Prospective owner - done researching!

Hi all,

I'm nearing the end of my research. I'm the typical guy here--decided against the Ferrari, etc. because of the maxim "You can afford to buy, but can you afford to own?"

Here's the question:

2002 vs. 2003. Any real differences? I've read the releases, etc.

How about VIN JH4NA12602T000011

It's for sale on CARS.com and seems like my cup of tea: Low miles and blue.

Otherwise, I do like the yellow. Here's a 2003: JH4NA21663T000099

Any comments on either of these? I've searched the forums for these VIN numbers, in case people have already asked about them. I did not find anything.

I have seen the NSX owners as a very polite group. It further reinforces my opinion of the car. That would nicely fit my personality.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

pharma

pharma said:
2002 vs. 2003. Any real differences?
Nope.

AdnanVCS said:
A 2003 has a imoblizer and an CD changer was added as stock
Nope. The immobilizer function was added beginning with the 1997 model year. The CD changer (along with keyless entry) was made standard beginning with the 2004 model year.

Pharma,

Where in WI are you located? I lived in Racine, WI for about 13 years. Left there in Dec 2000 for a warmer climate (Raleigh, NC).

Keep us posted on your eventual purchase. I am a relatively new owner (April '06) but a long time admirer of the NSX and long time Acura/Honda owner. I remember seeing the NSX displayed at the Chicago Auto Show during spring of 1990 (a red one).

BTW, you have the good fortune of living near one of the more knowledgeable NSX owners on the forum..Ken (nsxtacy). I've viewed this forum for several years,(and almost daily since purchasing my NSX) and found his comments to be very accurate and balanced (especially during some of the occasional heated debates). If I'm not mistaken he is an original owner of a '91 NSX and lives in the Chicago area. It sounds like they have a very active NSX community around Chicago, and you're not too far from there. Also, next year's NSXPO annual get together is in Columbus, Ohio.

Good luck with your search.

Thanks for the kind words! Yes, we do have some local activities among our large and dedicated group of owners in the Chicago-Milwaukee area, the biggest of which are partially sponsored by the NSX Club of America (please join!). We're also fortunate to be located near Acura of Brookfield, the only Acura dealership in the Milwaukee area, which does the most NSX service work of anyplace in the Midwest (including specialties in aftermarket mods and race prepping), as well as Woodfield Acura in Hoffman Estates, west of O'Hare, which also does a lot of NSX service work.

Also, next year's NSXPO annual get together is in Columbus, Ohio.
I think you mean this year (as of today!)... :D

I think you mean this year (as of today!)...

See Ken, didn't I say you were very knowledgeable!!

Happy New Year.

John

Pharma,

Where in WI are you located? I lived in Racine, WI for about 13 years. Left there in Dec 2000 for a warmer climate (Raleigh, NC).

Good luck with your search.

I'm 20-30 minutes west of Racine (20 if I get the NSX). I've lived here nearly all my life.

We're also fortunate to be located near Acura of Brookfield, the only Acura dealership in the Milwaukee area...

I didn't know Acura of Brookfield was into NSXs. I never stop being surprised by what I don't know is in my "backyard".

Just a wild shot in the dark...but do you by any chance work for Abbott Labs?

I don't work for Abbott, but they pay for a healthy portion of my childrens' tuition fund! My company supplies Abbot, Pfizer, etc. We're partially to blame for the high cost of prescription drugs!

Okee dokee, so anyone got any info on the two VINs I posted:

JH4NA12602T000011

JH4NA21663T000099

They're both posted on CARS.com. The top one I know nothing about. The bottom one is a yellow/yellow 2003. I saw it in/near Highland Park, IL at a place called Pursuit Auto. The guy driving it (yes, the dealer has been driving it) showed me through the car. All is quite nice. The plastic is still on the door sill logos. I didn't find a scratch worth discussing on the car.

Again, I know nothing about the blue one. Mrs. Pharma would like the blue one more than the yellow, though.

I'm really interested to buy in the middle of so-called winter (it's like spring or fall here now). Anyone got any other ideas?

Thanks again!

P.S. I will certainly join the NSX owners club--once I buy!

The yellow one has been on the market for over 2 months. Price was reduced a month ago. It seems Pursuit Auto only sells one car at a time, as if the guy buys the car from an auction and drives it while he is selling it. Once it is sold, then he moves on to the next one.

Okee dokee, so anyone got any info on the two VINs I posted:

JH4NA12602T000011

JH4NA21663T000099

They're both posted on CARS.com. The top one I know nothing about. The bottom one is a yellow/yellow 2003. I saw it in/near Highland Park, IL at a place called Pursuit Auto. The guy driving it (yes, the dealer has been driving it) showed me through the car. All is quite nice. The plastic is still on the door sill logos. I didn't find a scratch worth discussing on the car.

Again, I know nothing about the blue one. Mrs. Pharma would like the blue one more than the yellow, though.

I'm really interested to buy in the middle of so-called winter (it's like spring or fall here now). Anyone got any other ideas?

Thanks again!

P.S. I will certainly join the NSX owners club--once I buy!

I saw it in/near Highland Park, IL at a place called Pursuit Auto.
The Acura dealership in Highland Park is called Pauly Acura, and it's about a mile and a half north of Pursuit Auto on the Edens (US 41). They used to do a lot of NSX service work, and had two excellent NSX mechanics, Chuck and Craig. I know Chuck left that dealership; I don't know if Craig is still there. If you need to have a pre-purchase inspection done, I would arrange with them to take it to Pauly for you.

The yellow one has been on the market for over 2 months. Price was reduced a month ago. It seems Pursuit Auto only sells one car at a time, as if the guy buys the car from an auction and drives it while he is selling it. Once it is sold, then he moves on to the next one.

I've seen the yellow one. It is quite nice. Pursuit has a valuable stable of cars stored in a small industrial space (a Ferrari, a new GT40, an old Shelby Mustang, a Benz, etc.). I'm pretty sure they bought it at auction based on some other postings I've seen. They put some miles on it.

I've found the problem with the blue one: It's automatic!

Back