Products Wish List

What are some items you wish were made or more readily available? Perhaps we can inspire some vendors to make these items. I'll start.

I wish there was a well-built, clean, plug-and-play kit to convert my turn signal (main front)/parking light (lateral) into a DRL-LED (main front)/turn signal (lateral) combo.

I wish there was camshafts that were cast/billet (not re-ground) that are OEM reliable (or close to it) that didn't cost $1400 each.

Center consoles, pre-cut for DIN and double DIN that had OEM-like finish, that didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Maybe this exists... Titanium look shift knob that has the 5 speed pattern in it. I've seen them for 6, but not 5.

A high quality clone (or outright resurrection) of the discontinued Advan Model 5 wheels.

Brian

I wish someone made a lightweight, well-designed, reasonably priced center-lock wheel conversion suitable for the NSX.

1. Apple to make a 7 inch ipad
2. center console setup to allow me to pop the ipad in and out where the stereo/ashtray is.

Drive with the ipad in the car, take the ipad out when I am on the go. Win/win. Only downside is how much data time I would eat up with google maps and streaming pandora :P

1. Apple to make a 7 inch ipad
2. center console setup to allow me to pop the ipad in and out where the stereo/ashtray is.

Drive with the ipad in the car, take the ipad out when I am on the go. Win/win. Only downside is how much data time I would eat up with google maps and streaming pandora :P
I would love a tablet in the car if a vendor on here (i.e. AEM) would make an app for their tuning software that runs on either Apple or Android. OR if someone comes out with a decent Windows tablet but that seems a bit more unattainable for this Wish List :)

02+ replica wheels.

and how about just a decent fitting NSX-R hood. I don't care if it's CF, FB, or paper. Just have it fit well and not warp in the sun.

Yes, i've seen them all folks.

Agree, wish someone would offer the modified Aluminum hood with the duct again. Missed those a few years ago because at the time i didn't want the R hood.

I want to be first on the list if one of you decide to offer them :wink: :biggrin:

Mike

02+ replica wheels.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

There has to be at least 15 million different companies that make BMW M3 CSL replicas, but only a few that make 02+ replicas. I understand that the market for NSX parts is a fraction of BMW's, but it would be so nice if a reputable wheel maker made a decent, lightweight replica of the 02+.

This may sound like crazy talk, but I wouldn't even mind if Rota or Linea Corsa took a break from making TE37 and LM knock-offs to make them.

I have been wanting a simple street wing for years now, ever since i saw the alpine NSX. Don't think they would be too hard to make and i bet they would sell.

This type wing but mounted with a shorter version of the gt500 brackets.

b995ce6e.jpg

615e27bc.jpg

Last edited:
-A good, 2002 headlight replica
-A good, cost effective 2002 conversion
-A new rear end treatment that flows well with the car and updates it (like that F430 thread)
-A cost effective LED taillight kit

Posted from my iPhone

Custom lightweight 15"/16" wheels (lighter than OEM) with the right offset and no hub ring adapters...

Volk TE37s seem to be impossible to find in 16s now.

http://dforcewheels.com/pages/products.php

http://sector111.com/newest_stuff/coming-soon-ethos-wheels.cfm

D-Force seems to be well received with the BMW folks...only catch is 100pcs MOQ, which means 50 people need to be interested in light weight 15/16" setups. Judging from the Wheel and Tire forum, that is a dying breed.

Maybe in the meantime somebody can make a centercap that covers only the center bore hole, not the lug nuts and all, of the OEM 15/16" wheels...

Last edited:
I would put a rear bumper up to date style of the Ferrari F 430, the rear part of the NSX looks very old, it is the only part of the NSX I do not like, there is already the bumper of this style for widebodies, there is nothing to the original body, I think many owners are interested in an update of the rear bumper, modern and integrated diffuser:smile:

Last edited:
2002 headlights are very very hard to get in good quality.
I'm sure sets can be made for 400-600? but condensation and fitment issues would plague them.

Getting a decent pair of OE quality headlights isn't going to be cheap I doubt Honda could be easily out priced.

On subject of the wheels,
I've been playing around with that idea for a while, there are certain options worth looking in to although the cost factor is hard.

well, hey if you had the big bucks to spend, i am sure you would buy the real headlights, it seems people want cheap alternatives... plenty of aftermarket headlights for other cars going for like $200-$300 max... since there is little demand, it all comes down to someone willing to spend the money to make it happen.

as for wheels, its not copies of the 02+, but wheeldude.com can make custom colors and offsets of any rota wheel they have. you just have to order at least 5 sets. wonder how much it would be to make a completely custom wheel.

Last edited:
Center consoles, pre-cut for DIN and double DIN that had OEM-like finish, that didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Maybe this exists... Titanium look shift knob that has the 5 speed pattern in it. I've seen them for 6, but not 5.

YES YES YES! Someone PLEASE make pre-cut double din CF/FRP for a decent price :frown:

I would love another harmonic balancer pulley option besides oem & ati.

OEM $215-230

ATI $685

Would be awesome to have something in between these prices if possible? Any suggestions?

Back