Production Honda with a V-8

Well, sort of, Check out this Bad-arse RL at vtec.net.

You have got to be kidding me. This thing is a BEAST! No chance in Hell we will ever see this thing.
05tas-01.jpg

That car would be an incredible M5 fighter!!! They should produce it!!! Even at $90K, $40K more than the RL, it would be competitive with the M5 and E55!

The amount of BMW butt Honda would kick with this would be staggering. Too bad this will never ever ever be brought to market. All the euphoric thoughts once you read the spec sheet is brought to a sudden and disastrous ending once you realize pigs have a better chance of flying out of your butt. Looks like Mugen/Honda designers are auto enthusiasts...to bad it doesn't translate to the execs and bean counters.

Nevertheless, Legend Max humpage.

Did anybody notice from the pics that it's also a manual transmission car?! I vote, build it!

I just think it's encouraging to see that they stuck a V-8 in something
other than a F1 or IRL car. I LOVE the velocity stacks! Not going to allow myself to get too hyped up though. I think someone needs to shoe-horn that
bad-boy into an Accord coupe and convert it to rear-drive!

Actually, this motor has seen service in the NSX, supposedly it is the JGTC
GT500 series motor.

Could Mugen become the AMG or M of Honda? Wouldn't that be incredible! Surely this car has opened the eyes of someone in the upper management of Honda. This is the most impressive thing I have seen in a really long time. Far more impressive to me than the HSC and its v6 with 300ps.

Just got home and read about that beast. Wow, 590hp!!! and SH-AWD. Dear gosh, if the Nsx or next gen Nsx or whatever Honda is tormenting us with would come with that engine, I would have to take on a second mortgage.

K.O. said:
Just got home and read about that beast. Wow, 590hp!!! and SH-AWD. Dear gosh, if the Nsx or next gen Nsx or whatever Honda is tormenting us with would come with that engine, I would have to take on a second mortgage.
Actually, it's not SH-AWD. Mugen changed it to RWD according to the paragraph right above the photos. But yes, this engine would be spectacular in the next generation NSX!!!

Honda F1 Racing,

My bad, the 590 n/a hp number must have pre-occupied me too much. This is definitely a concept that garners positive attention for Honda/Mugen. That freakin engine alone equals the current Nsx's hp(290) + the current RL's (300).

mommy??? i want one of those motor in my NSX please........

I believe the JGTC NSXs used to use a NA tuned version of the V6 C30 and now they're using a turbo version of the V6 C30. They're only allowed to use a version of an engine they have in productions cars. Only toyota runs a V8 in GT500.

Yeah Man!

Anybody have the phone number for mugen?!?!...I need a motor swap.

dawggpie said:
I believe the JGTC NSXs used to use a NA tuned version of the V6 C30 and now they're using a turbo version of the V6 C30. They're only allowed to use a version of an engine they have in productions cars. Only toyota runs a V8 in GT500.

Which production car is Toyota getting their V8 from that they are using in GT500?

dawggpie said:

I am honestly surprised that Honda doesn't bring out a FI version of the current NSX. That would at least make it get noticed again. They obviously can do it since they are doing it in the JGTC.

With some minor cosmetic updates and a low boost Turbo, the 2006 NSX could be back in the supercar league.

They should just buy a bunch of CTSC's, throw them on with some other CT items, raise the price to $98k or so and call it good.

NetViper said:
I am honestly surprised that Honda doesn't bring out a FI version of the current NSX. That would at least make it get noticed again. They obviously can do it since they are doing it in the JGTC.

With some minor cosmetic updates and a low boost Turbo, the 2006 NSX could be back in the supercar league.

I think the biggest problem with turbo is emission.

Back