Price question on a 99 red/tan?

I found a 99 red/tan 6-spd with 17k mi. in great shape (only a few scuffs on the wheels otherwise all stock) asking $55.

Since price is an issue for me, I don't mind waiting for the right car. What do think a good closing price should be on a private sale on this car? I used to have a Brooklands Green/tan that I sold 2 years ago so now I'm ready for my next one.

Last edited:
I am assuming it is a Targa, but correct me if I am wrong. Also is it 6-speed or Auto (that will make a difference). Is red a desirable color to you? Give us some more info and let's see what we come up with.

details

Sorry. Should have included those details in the post.

Red is definately a color of choice. It is a targa, 6-spd. Interior is about a 7 out of 10 with some wear on the driver side bolster, otherwise ok. Other than the scuff marks on the wheels no visible exterior damage. Paint has normal amount of light swirls but car is claimed to be fair weather/garage kept car.

Here are some pics. . . .

http://www.skyweb.net/~salil/nsx99/ext.jpg
http://www.skyweb.net/~salil/nsx99/int.jpg

NSXSTER said:
After selling my Brooklands Green in 2001 i'm ready to go for my next one. I found a 99 red/tan with 17k mi. in great shape (only a few scuffs on the wheels (all stock) asking $55.

Since price is an issue for me, I don't mind waiting for the right car. What do think a good closing price should be on a private sale on this car?

Litesokneecough, are you slipping??

Nsxter, do you remember the vin of your green car (and roof color), if so check out this link, thanks
Aaron

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=7005&highlight=green+black+roof

Okay guys (and gals) put in your $.02 on this car for the man! I say if you like it, and it checks out at a dealer/carfax. then I would offer $49K. I have seen 97 and 98 models with similar mileage and no bolster wear/wheel scuffs selling for that, so you would be getting a pretty good deal. The bolster wear seems abnormal on a low mileage car, but maybe the owner (if it's a 1 owner car) is a case of fattus assisus? In pics it looks good, but only you will be able to truly judge it when you see it in person.

Re: Old Green One

NSXSTER said:
Aaron,

My old green (#280) was a body color roof too. Just posted on the survey link too...

Cool, thanks! By the way, the red car looks nice!
Aaron

No to me. I think the 98 and 99 might be slightly better because in a resale situation some people might want to avoid the first year of the drivetrain change, just like they avoid a new model for fear of problems. I think this is not an issue on the NSX, but it could be a mental block for some. To me a identical 98 and 99 with same mileage, condition, history, color, etc, would not be woth more than a couple hundred bucks difference, if that. In 2000 they did change the leather to the perforated type, but honestly I like the gathered type of the earlier cars.

Back