Price on 97 in 1-2 years

First off, I'd just like to say that this is a kick *ss forum, and hopefully I'll be among the company here soon.

I was wondering if anyone would care to venture a guess as to what the price of an average mileage 1997 will cost in about 1-2 years time? I'm currently debating whether to buy a 91/92 right now or to wait 1-2 years to purchase a 97.

Thanks!

Whom knows what the value would be, but if you don't pull the trigger on it now (91-92), you will have changed your mind in 1-2 years and never own an NSX. Think what you will have missed and if you want ot move up to a 97 do so then or move on to another car.

jwocky said:
I'm currently debating whether to buy a 91/92 right now or to wait 1-2 years to purchase a 97.
I could have bought either one, but went with a 92. Don't regret it at all. In fact, I favor a coupe anyway.

There's also no reason you can't do both... Get a '91 now and sell it in a few years and get a '97. While predicting exact prices a couple years out is a crapshoot, I think it's pretty likely that whatever the prices are in the future, a nice '97 will have depreciated more than a nice '91 so the price gap will be closer, not wider.

I BOUGHT THE 92, LOVED IT, BUT IT REALLY MADE ME WANT THE IMPROVEMENTS THAT CAME WITH THE 97(TARGA. BRAKES, ENGINE). I SWITCHED TO THE 97 WITHIN 8 MONTHS AND WAS ABLE TO GET ALMOST ALL OF THE COST OF THE 92 BACK OUT WHEN IT SOLD. THE GOOD CONDITION, LOW MILEAGE OBD I CARS SEEM TO BE HOLDING VALUE WELL AND I SUSPECT A CHANGE COULD BE MADE AT A LATER DATE WITH MINIMAL LOSS ON THE OBD l.

Lud said:
There's also no reason you can't do both... Get a '91 now and sell it in a few years and get a '97.

That's my plan, and I can keep from too many upgrades, I can afford a more expensive car then as well... :D

Back